News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 112

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Sunshine31
#2775Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:00am

Saw this on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/elderpoptart/status/742424579767963648

Determination!

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2776Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:04am

This is all going to make a great Broadway play someday.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2777Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:08am

Sunshine31 said: "Saw this on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/elderpoptart/status/742424579767963648

Determination!
"

I would have done the same thing especially after investing almost 40 hours of waiting to get in the Fri eve/Sat mat/Sat eve shows just to see Lin perform but unfortunately not get to see it. I heard they were #2 for the Sunday matinee but opted to become 1st in line for tonight's performance instead. I think they made the right choice given it will be the first performance after the Tonys.

mailhandler777
#2778Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:47am

Wick3 said: "mailhandler777 said: "I just walked by again since I missed my bus home. Wow it looks a mess. "

But aren't there only 20 people in line?
"

Yes. You could barely walk down the sidewalk and a bunch of stuff all over the steps.

Sunshine31, ClumsyDude posted about that girl in this thread already. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mailhandler777
#2779Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:58am

In other news if anyone wants to rush The Color Purple there were like 6 people there at 7am. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2780Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:09am

What level of cognitive function would you have left after basically living on a sidewalk for five days, though? No chance for decent sleep, or a shower, or getting adequate food.  I'd be brain dead after roughing it for that long. And if she doesn't get in, that's another night on the sidewalk. Yikes.

JustVisiting
#2781Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 3:24pm

So this is interesting. The line gets cut off right now after 20 people. So if you're looking to show up to wait for tickets for tomorrow or even Thursday's show, you're out of luck. That doesn't seem to have stopped people as there are a whole bunch gathered behind the barrier. The question is - what is going to happen when the line reforms after today's people get tickets? Will the people who stuck around despite instructions to leave be first (after anyone in line who doesn't get tickets of course)? Will there be a mad scramble to claim space? When will it happen?

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2782Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:15pm

JustVisiting said: "So this is interesting. The line gets cut off right now after 20 people. So if you're looking to show up to wait for tickets for tomorrow or even Thursday's show, you're out of luck. That doesn't seem to have stopped people as there are a whole bunch gathered behind the barrier. The question is - what is going to happen when the line reforms after today's people get tickets? Will the people who stuck around despite instructions to leave be first (after anyone in line who doesn't get tickets of course)? Will there be a mad scramble to claim space? When will it happen?"

Somebody REALLY needs to set up a webcam in that area!

emkaymcd
#2783Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:16pm

Thanks to all who have posted, you've been very helpful!! I'm flying into NYC tonight, do I have a chance with this cancellation line? I was hoping to get some normal rest tonight and get there early AM Wednesday in hopes of getting tickets for the Thursday night show (obviously would take Wed but that seems unlikely...) Any tips? Has anyone been around the line lately?

JustVisiting
#2784Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:21pm

emkaymcd said: "Thanks to all who have posted, you've been very helpful!! I'm flying into NYC tonight, do I have a chance with this cancellation line? I was hoping to get some normal rest tonight and get there early AM Wednesday in hopes of getting tickets for the Thursday night show (obviously would take Wed but that seems unlikely...) Any tips? Has anyone been around the line lately?

"

If they do it like they did it for tonight's show, you might show up Wednesday and find you're behind the 20-person cut off. Then I guess you stand around and wait until the new line forms and make sure you're at the front of that?

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#2785Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 5:25pm

mailhandler777 said: "In other news if anyone wants to rush The Color Purple there were like 6 people there at 7am. 

I read Cynthia Erivo returns next week (can't wait til next Friday!!!)

"we now return to the Hamilton Cancellation Line--already in progress"

Luigiamarco
#2786Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:27pm

I've been lurking this thread for awhile and appreciated all the information you've all provided.

My husband and I are doing the line this weekend. He's going to get in the line around 1:30 am Friday morning and I'll be joining him that afternoon. I'm definitely a bit concerned about this 20 person split though. We don't expect to get into Friday night's show obviously.

Adgirl200
#2787Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:30pm

Who is monitoring the lines?  Is it 20 people total or 20 "pairs" of people for those waiting together?

alicity
#2788Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:55pm

sarahb22 said: "Somebody REALLY needs to set up a webcam in that area!"

My thoughts exactly!!

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2789Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 7:27pm

alicity said: "sarahb22 said: "Somebody REALLY needs to set up a webcam in that area!"

My thoughts exactly!!
"

I know, right? People set behind a barricade all running for 20 spaces in the cancellation line?? This could be better than the Hunger Games!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#2790Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:00pm

i haven't followed this thread because it's a level of insanity I will not subscribe to, but I was wondering: after you've waited for like 40 hours to see a show, wouldn't you smell pretty bad? People don't get like a chance to shower, do they?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

_bellaphant
#2791Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:07pm

gypsy101 said: "i haven't followed this thread because it's a level of insanity I will not subscribe to, but I was wondering: after you've waited for like 40 hours to see a show, wouldn't you smell pretty bad? People don't get like a chance to shower, do they?

"

If you book a hotel and have another person waiting with you it's much easier to switch out of line to change/shower/sleep. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#2792Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:13pm

ah, i thought they had changed that rule and switching was no longer allowed

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Luigiamarco
#2793Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:17pm

_bellaphant said:

"
If you book a hotel and have another person waiting with you it's much easier to switch out of line to change/shower/sleep. 

"

This is technically against the rules though, no? I booked a hotel room Friday night because I figured it would be okay if my husband and I stepped out for an hour to shower and charge phones but for sleeping?

_bellaphant
#2794Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 8:30pm

I believe it's ok if the other person wants to leave to get food or go to the hotel, as long as one person is always there in line. 

Luigiamarco –  overnight we did take turns sleeping on the street and in the hotel room, but we were with a nice group that didn't seem to mind! Hopefully others will be understanding!

Updated On: 6/14/16 at 08:30 PM

JustVisiting
#2795Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:11pm

Very few tickets were given out today. Almost none were given out before 7PM. There are people who got in line Sunday night who didn't get tickets. The line for Wednesday is quite large already. This week is going to require a lot of patience and luck.

brdwayjunkie1391
#2796Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:23pm

Updated On: 6/14/16 at 09:23 PM

ohl561
#2797Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:13pm

Planning on getting in line tomorrow (Wednesday) night! Based on how long the wait time is getting, I'm estimating getting into a Saturday show *gulp*

Can anyone share more info on this new 20 person cut off rule? If everyone after 20 has to disperse then come back later, how do you "reclaim" your rightful spot in line or even know what number in line you are if there are other people coming throughout the day who had no idea you were there earlier? When are you supposed to come back -- do you just hang around and wait until the line gets under 20? Anyone who's on here and doing the line today, please share :) 

And I just want to confirm something. If I wait in line alone I can get two tickets, either premium or standard --- the other person doesn't have to be waiting in line with me? Hoping to buy two tickets (one for myself, one for my boyfriend who can't wait in line with me all day) so just want to make sure I have this right before waiting all that time. Thanks for your help! 

Updated On: 6/14/16 at 10:13 PM

JustVisiting
#2798Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 10:21pm

ohl561 said: "Planning on getting in line tomorrow (Wednesday) night! Based on how long the wait time is getting, I'm estimating getting into a Saturday show *gulp*

Can anyone share more info on this new 20 person cut off rule? If everyone after 20 has to disperse then come back later, how do you "reclaim" your rightful spot in line or even know what number in line you are if there are other people coming throughout the day who had no idea you were there earlier? When are you supposed to come back -- do you just hang around and wait until the line gets under 20? I wonder if the theater staff gives you a number or something.

And I just want to confirm something. If I wait in line alone I can get two tickets, either premium or standard --- the other person doesn't have to be waiting in line with me? Hoping to buy two tickets (one for myself, one for my boyfriend who can't wait in line with me all day) so just want to make sure I have this right before waiting all that time. Thanks for your help! 

I think the people who were past #20 had made a video with them calling out their numbers but I'm not sure. I really have no idea whether and how that was respected when the line reformed and I don't know how often they cut the line to 20. My advice is go down to the line and ask the people in the back when and how they joined and got their spot. 

Yes you can get two tickets. A lot of the plus ones showed up just an hour before curtain today.

RodneyRocK
#2799Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:01pm

I just wanted to give a huge thank you to this message board.  I just got back from my 6 day vacation in New York where my fiancee and I spent the first 49hrs in line to see the show.  I was well prepared, I had an amazing time, and I met some wonderful people.  I was a part of the very first group that became what has now become the infamous "first 20" so I don't have any insight as to how they people after us kept their numbers and spots in line.  I do know however, that it worked out and the line was able to regulate itself so that no one lost their spots.  Hit me up if you have any questions! I believe I was in front of alicity and they already did a great job of recounting the experience so read that post a few pages back if you'd like.

All the best to everyone trying to make it into the show! Even after 49hrs, and after seeing the show, I would've happily jumped in line again for the Tuesday night if I weren't returning to San Francisco.

Again thank you to the folks on this board sharing their stories, and best of luck all those scouring the messages for insight into the process.

-R.RocK

Videos