News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 113

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2800Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:46pm

gypsy101 said: "ah, i thought they had changed that rule and switching was no longer allowed"

No switching is in the rules. Though if someone has a hotel room nearby and wants to shower and change clothes, he/she can take a 30 min break and do that (I'd tell the people in front nad behind you what your plans are so evverything is clear.)

I'd imagine if people are friendly then they'd let you do that. If there's one crabapple in the line that day then the above example may not be possible.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2801Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:51pm

If I paid hundreds of dollars to see this show, I'd be pissed if I had to sit next to someone who had slept outside for a week in the middle of summer. 

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#2802Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:56pm

Ok so..is waiting less than 24 hours and getting in line day-of still doable if you wanna see the show?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

JustVisiting
#2803Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 12:12am

Jordan Catalano said: "If I paid hundreds of dollars to see this show, I'd be pissed if I had to sit next to someone who had slept outside for a week in the middle of summer. 

Part of the line is paid linesitters who switch off with someone who didn't wait. Another part took turns going home/to a hotel to shower and change before the show. You have nothing to worry about.

What if the producers wanted to give some tickets out at a homeless shelter as a charity project. Would you have a problem with that?

JustVisiting
#2804Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 12:13am

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Ok so..is waiting less than 24 hours and getting in line day-of still doable if you wanna see the show?

Maybe if there's a hurricane?

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 12:13 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2805Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 12:22am

"What if the producers wanted to give some tickets out at a homeless shelter as a charity project. Would you have a problem with that?"

Well yes, actually I would if the tickets were given to people who were unbathed. And this is something that actually used to be done. TIckets were given out to the homeless on the streets. The last time I remember it personally was at JEKYLL & HYDE. It was Linda Eder & Christiane Noll's final performance and the smell was so bad in the orchestra that people were moving around constantly to find a place to comfortably sit and there was constant movement during the show. I was one of those people and while I felt bad for the person, it was a STRONG smell throughout the orchestra.

Now you can take that story to be mean and offensive to the homeless, but it's not. If you're in a theater you expect to be able to sit comfortably and enjoy the show. And sitting next to people who smell (for whatever reason) isn't fair to people who are there to enjoy the show. There was a woman near me when I saw NINE who had some of the worst B.O. I'd ever encountered and the house manager had to try to find new seats for a lot of people which for that show wasn't easy. 

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 12:22 AM

gr0uphug
#2806Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 12:29am

after the 20 cutoff, the leftovers reform the line across the street. before people disperse or reform or whatever, someone usually takes a vid of everyone's spots to organize people when they recongregate. 24 hours is probably not enough. good luck everyone! 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2807Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:53am

I am assuming they let more people in line on Wednesdays. I walked past there this morning at 6:20 and the line was up to the Imperial stage door.

Just give the world Love.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2808Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:57am

Well, there's no one there to police it overnight.  I'm guessing when the box office opens they take care of it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

alicity
#2809Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:35am

gypsy101 said: "i haven't followed this thread because it's a level of insanity I will not subscribe to, but I was wondering: after you've waited for like 40 hours to see a show, wouldn't you smell pretty bad? People don't get like a chance to shower, do they?"

I took a shower before I left and someone was super nice enough to lend me a guest pass for their gym membership to shower while I was there! I also don't think it was that bad since you are just sitting around most of the time and I brought a change of clothes. It was just the grimy feeling of dirt that felt uncomfortable. 

Fleasa
#2810Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:35am

Long time lurker, first time poster. I did the cancellation line back in January when this board was only on page 7. Waited 8 hours for a Sunday matinee in the rain.  Ah, the good old days.

hoping for some clarity: when the past 20 cut off individuals in the line are asked to disperse at showtime, when are they allowed to start reforming the line? Is it after the theater closes for the night? I am assuming anyone else who shows up during the time the line is cut off is informed (by the people in line) that there are a number of people coming back who will be in front of them. Seems like the people sent off would have enough time to grab a nap/shower/food so may not be all bad? Any additional information on this procedure would be greatly appreciated.

NeedsHam
#2811Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:20am

Is anyone in line today (Wednesday) wanted to get a sense of what it's like.

Also, does someone want to be line buddies on Thursday/Friday? I'll bring snacks.

cdstiger1
#2812Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:42am

NeedsHam said: "Is anyone in line today (Wednesday) wanted to get a sense of what it's like.

Also, does someone want to be line buddies on Thursday/Friday? I'll bring snacks.

"

I'm down! I'm planning on coming in from DC late Thursday evening/night. Not sure what the best course of action is. I'm assuming the line of 20 people will already be assembled after they let in the Thursday night show cancellations in. I have another friend living there who will be checking the line after work, so hopefully he can either be in the line across the street before me to check it out. We were planning on staying overnight on Thursday, but not sure how viable that is if we aren't in the first 20 line. 

Not sure about my chances of trying to get a Saturday show spot if my friend and I start on Thursday evening. 

NeedsHam
#2813Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:55am

Awesome, just shot you a private message.

Would still love to chat w/ others planning to go & and share tips.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2814Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:23am

NeedsHam said: "Is anyone in line today (Wednesday) wanted to get a sense of what it's like."

Read my post above

Just give the world Love.

NeedsHam
#2815Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:37am

So someone I asked on Twitter said the first in line folks have been there since Sunday. Can you ask if they passed on Premium tickets or if there were none?

JustVisiting
#2816Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:55am

NeedsHam said: "So someone I asked on Twitter said the first in line folks have been there since Sunday. Can you ask if they passed on Premium tickets or if there were none?

They wanted Wednesday tix so they passed on all tix. However the people third and fourth in line arrived Sunday night and were not offered any tix. Very few premiums went out last night.

NeedsHam
#2817Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 11:00am

Wonder how long the wait will be starting tomorrow. Also, how does it work that you can buy two tickets for each person waiting in line? Do the +1s just show up at the last minute?

NeedsHam
#2818Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 11:09am

Makes sense, day after the Tony's and all.

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 11:09 AM

Carly6
#2819Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 11:47am

Can anyone confirm that the limiting to 20 people thing is still happening, and if these times are staying consistent?

"The people from the theater took the first 20 in line around 5:30 pm and told everyone else to disperse from the theater and come back at 11:30 pm"

Do people actually show back up at 11:30 pm and the video strategy is working, or do people try to continue the line across the street (despite being kicked out the first time)?

JustVisiting
#2820Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 12:33pm

Carly6 said: "Can anyone confirm that the limiting to 20 people thing is still happening, and if these times are staying consistent?

"The people from the theater took the first 20 in line around 5:30 pm and told everyone else to disperse from the theater and come back at 11:30 pm"

Do people actually show back up at 11:30 pm and the video strategy is working, or do people try to continue the line across the street (despite being kicked out the first time)?

Yesterday it looked like the line reformed across the street just after 7PM, did some more videos, then dispersed for a while at least.

feyonce
#2821Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:30pm

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to get in line late Thursday night/Friday morning, in hopes of catching the show by Saturday night (the 26). I'm assuming it's only going to get crazier in between Tony's and Lin Departure. Is there any difference in the line during the weekend vs the work week?

It sounds like an infinite amount of people can line up overnight, and then come showtime there is a video and numbering system for those who get cut off after 20. Can those people, #21-50 or whatever, go take a nap, shower, and come back whenever they please, knowing their place is accounted for? Or is it expected that those people will line up somewhere else and fiercely sleep on the sidewalk and wait it out the hard way?

Also what determines the number of SRO tickets that are given out? You can't just get those regularly can you?

Thanks everyone! Your experiences have been very helpful in my decision to take off of work and see the show. My friends and I are kicking ourselves for not buying $400 tickets in March when we had the chance.

NeedsHam
#2822Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:47pm

Are you going with your friend or just by yourself?

feyonce
#2823Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:52pm

I'll be meeting up with 2 friends.

gatorgirl2
#2824Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:03pm

If anyone is going to wait next week for the show on june 21st or 22nd and wants there ticket paid for pm me. Willing to buddy up too if that works out better. 

Videos