News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 111

Hamilton Cancellation Line

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2750Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/12/16 at 5:54pm

alicity said: "The line is self-governing but there should be established rules with the theater (besides no chairs [people actually had chairs and no one yelled at them] and swapping). There would be less confusion and conflicts. They rather stay out of disputes but want the line to obey and run smoothly. They can't really have it both ways and should really work with the cancellation line."

I'm sure it's all about liability.  If the RRT takes any responsibility for how the line operates and a fight breaks out and someone gets punched, they won't sue their assailant; they'll sue the RRT for not controlling the line.

So, aside from posting those rules, the RRT stays out of it.  They can't control the line once the theater closes and all the staff goes home anyway; and they're sure not going to pay employees extra to babysit.  It's Lord of the Flies time.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2751Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/12/16 at 6:37pm

sarahb22 said: "I'm sure it's all about liability.  If the RRT takes any responsibility for how the line operates and a fight breaks out and someone gets punched, they won't sue their assailant; they'll sue the RRT for not controlling the line."

I have a feeling RRT will have to make a decision whether the liability is worth the hassle of even having a cancellation line. Despite all the drama and complaints and weather, etc. I am grateful the cancellation line still exists.

kbeth
#2752Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/12/16 at 11:31pm

Hey all I'm going next Tuesday for one of the Wednesday shows or (more likely) Thursday. If anyone wants to be line buddies that would be awesome :)

Emma MK
#2753Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 2:05am

Im still looking for a line buddy for this week. Pm me if youre a single willing to buddy up for this coming Friday show!

Edit - Found!

Updated On: 6/13/16 at 02:05 AM

JustVisiting
#2754Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 1:25pm

I just went by the line. It's probably 20 people deep already (from what people told me - apparently the entire front of the line was out to lunch or in a bathroom). People getting tickets for Tuesday will have likely spent two nights in line. People are already lining up for Wednesday. That said, spirits seem high and most people seem genuinely happy to be there and enjoying the good weather.

I was going to get in line after work tomorrow for Wednesday's shows but it looks like that won't be enough. I'm unable to miss two days of work for the line (more like three since I don't see being productive the next day either). So sadly it looks like I'll be waiting until Lin and others leave for the line and/or prices to be semi-reasonable again. 

Unless someone who is doing the ridiculously long wait would let me to be their +1 in exchange for their ticket and some merch.

rangersrule132
#2755Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 1:41pm

JustVisiting said: "I just went by the line. It's probably 20 people deep already (from what people told me - apparently the entire front of the line was out to lunch or in a bathroom). People getting tickets for Tuesday will have likely spent two nights in line. People are already lining up for Wednesday. That said, spirits seem high and most people seem genuinely happy to be there and enjoying the good weather.

I was going to get in line after work tomorrow for Wednesday's shows but it looks like that won't be enough. I'm unable to miss two days of work for the line (more like three since I don't see being productive the next day either). So sadly it looks like I'll be waiting until Lin and others leave for the line and/or prices to be semi-reasonable again. 

Unless someone who is doing the ridiculously long wait would let me to be their +1 in exchange for their ticket and some merch.

"

That literally makes me wanna vomit but I'll be there tomorrow

pickles2
#2756Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 1:59pm

Curious if any tickets were sold on Tony Sunday? With so many celebrities in town I thought they might be scarce. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2757Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 2:37pm

Just walked by and asked the girls at the front of the line how long they'd been there. One girl said she's been there since Friday morning. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

gatorgirl2
#2758Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 2:51pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "Just walked by and asked the girls at the front of the line how long they'd been there. One girl said she's been there since Friday morning. 

"

Did you happen to ask if they were trying specifically for the post tony show? I think someone had posted about them before and it seems like maybe they just got in line for that specific night?

rangersrule132
#2759Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 2:55pm

"

Did you happen to ask if they were trying specifically for the post tony show? I think someone had posted about them before and it seems like maybe they just got in line for that specific night?

"

please dear god let that be the case 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2760Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 2:56pm

Good lord.  This has taken on its own life.   I spent 30 minutes on line to get another set of tickets for next spring and I was about to give up.

I love theater, its both my vocation and avocation....but this is, well, extreme.   To each his own!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2761Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 3:16pm

gator - I didn't ask that specifically, once I heard since Friday morning, I instantly was so struck by it that I just had to walk away.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2762Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 4:18pm

ClumsyDude15 said: "gator - I didn't ask that specifically, once I heard since Friday morning, I instantly was so struck by it that I just had to walk away."

@gator and @clumsydude, Those 2 girls were trying to get tix for Fri eve, Sat matinee, and Sat eve shows to see Lin perform. Sadly they didn't make it to Sat eve and rather than see the show on Sunday matnee, opted to just wait until Tuesday eve to see OBC perform.

I heard a lot of the main cast had understudies perform on the Sunday matinee performance so those two girls probably made the right decision if they have time to spare.

mailhandler777
#2763Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 4:46pm

I walked by about 20 minutes after Clumsy Dude did and someone came out of the theatre and made them all leave until tomorrow morning. Guess they don't want it looking like a tent city(minus the tent) anymore.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

casedilla2
#2764Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 4:54pm

mailhandler777 said: "I walked by about 20 minutes after Clumsy Dude did and someone came out of the theatre and made them all leave until tomorrow morning. Guess they don't want it looking like a tent city(minus the tent) anymore."

This is not true, I am currently in line and we are still camping out in front of the theater. What they are doing is limiting the number of overnight people to about 20, and turning everyone else away and telling them to come back after tickets are released for tomorrow evening. 

_bellaphant
#2765Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 5:01pm

pickles2 said: "Curious if any tickets were sold on Tony Sunday? With so many celebrities in town I thought they might be scarce. 

"

Hello! I was at the front of the line for Sunday's matinee and I'm not sure exactly how many but at least 8 tickets went out for that show. My +1 and I received 2 out of 4 unclaimed lottery tickets! The main cast were all on for the matinee (the exception Lin of course). Although that will be the first and last time I do the cancellation line, the 58 hours spent was well worth the wait!!

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2766Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 5:05pm

casedilla2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "I walked by about 20 minutes after Clumsy Dude did and someone came out of the theatre and made them all leave until tomorrow morning. Guess they don't want it looking like a tent city(minus the tent) anymore."

This is not true, I am currently in line and we are still camping out in front of the theater. What they are doing is limiting the number of overnight people to about 20, and turning everyone else away and telling them to come back after tickets are released for tomorrow evening. 
"

So the line won't be allowed to re-form/continue growing until tomorrow evening? I wonder how will that be managed for people who show up looking to get in line between now and then or if it will just be a mad rush to get back in line tomorrow.

rangersrule132
#2767Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 5:27pm

vomsy said: "casedilla2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "I walked by about 20 minutes after Clumsy Dude did and someone came out of the theatre and made them all leave until tomorrow morning. Guess they don't want it looking like a tent city(minus the tent) anymore."

"

So the line won't be allowed to re-form/continue growing until tomorrow evening? I wonder how will that be managed for people who show up looking to get in line between now and then or if it will just be a mad rush to get back in line tomorrow.

"

I think they meant this evenings show as that is what it looks like the normally do 

PC9
#2768Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 6:04pm

After a month or so of reading this very helpful board, we gave up on the cancellation line idea and got our Hamilton tickets through StubHub for yesterday's show (June 12th matinee). We didn't want to live on 46th Street for 2 days.

I was stunned, then, when we got into New York on Sunday morning, went straight to the theater, and saw only 20 people in the cancellation line at 10:00 am.

I asked the last person, "where is the rest of the line?" and she said "this is it. They cut it off here". The entire line didn't even make it to the stage door. There was a pole and black rope to mark the end of the line.  

The last person said she had arrived at 6 am that morning, only a few hours before we got there. Later on, closer to showtime, we saw her again and she was no longer in line and had a premium ticket. She said that most of the people in the line ahead of her had turned down the premium tickets so she got one. Only waited 6 hours.

Even more stunning, we also met some Hamilton fans that were in NY for breakfast and decided just to go by and check out the scene and ended up with premium tickets too. They didn't get to the theater until after 11:30 am. Unfortunately, we had briefly left and gone to get lunch after watching some of the cast get on the bus for Tonys rehearsal. Had we stuck around that could have been us. We got back in time to see them walking out of the box office in tears with their tickets. Essentially zero time in the line.

I guess the two caveats are that these were expensive premium tickets and that Javier Munoz was singing Hamilton, but otherwise we could have had the whole original broadway cast on Tony Sunday for the price of two premium tickets.

Regrets aside, the show was everything promised and more. Diggs and Odom steal the show, but Soo's voice is as pure live as on the record. The onlly surprise was that Jackson's voice is so strong. One Last Time is a vocal triumph. It was all worth it.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#2769Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 6:42pm

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay from stubhub for a seat?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

rangersrule132
#2770Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/13/16 at 7:22pm

I hate to spam this thread so much but does anyone know the deal with the line. Is it closed off to tomorrow night or is it just closed off until the end of the show tonight. 

mailhandler777
#2771Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 2:16am

I just walked by again since I missed my bus home. Wow it looks a mess. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 6/14/16 at 02:16 AM

gr0uphug
#2772Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 3:26am

thanks for your update to this SUPER informative thread lol. hope you get in!! a few questions...

1. when did they make the 20 person cutoff?

2. where did everyone else after 20 go? did they make a plan to come back?

3. when are people told to come back on the line/ how is that organized?

thanks!!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2773Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 6:35am

mailhandler777 said: "I just walked by again since I missed my bus home. Wow it looks a mess. "

But aren't there only 20 people in line?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2774Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/14/16 at 7:58am

I walked by at 6:15 this morning. It did look a bit of a mess. People in sleeping blankets and chairs. That whole area needs a power wash.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 6/14/16 at 07:58 AM

Videos