News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 114

Hamilton Cancellation Line

ivskow
#2825Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:44pm

feyonce said: "Also what determines the number of SRO tickets that are given out? You can't just get those regularly can you?"

SRO tickets are reserved for guests of the cast/crew. They are given out to the cancellation line only if the spots are unclaimed right before curtain.

The number that's available varies depending on the show, although I think there are something like a total of 12 SRO spots total at the Rodgers (someone correct me if I'm wrong). 

ArenDella
#2826Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 11:14am

feyonce said: "Hi everyone!

I'm planning to get in line late Thursday night/Friday morning, in hopes of catching the show by Saturday night (the 26). I'm assuming it's only going to get crazier in between Tony's and Lin Departure. Is there any difference in the line during the weekend vs the work week?

It sounds like an infinite amount of people can line up overnight, and then come showtime there is a video and numbering system for those who get cut off after 20. Can those people, #21-50 or whatever, go take a nap, shower, and come back whenever they please, knowing their place is accounted for? Or is it expected that those people will line up somewhere else and fiercely sleep on the sidewalk and wait it out the hard way?

This.

My husband and I are planning to surprise our son by flying out Friday night (the 24th,) getting in line that night, and praying that we can get him in either to 2:00pm show or the 8:00pm show (on the 25th.) Does this seem like a good plan or do we really need to get in by Thursday? What has it been looking like out there for those of you sticking it out in line?

ArenDella
#2827Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 11:33am

Right now, the last people to get into Saturday evening's show started waiting around late Thursday night/midnight Friday. I arrived at 4am on Friday and am now first in line for Sunday's matinee (last show before Tonys!). The girls behind me are planning to wait until Tuesday to see Lin, so at this rate it is definitely more than 2 days wait in line to see the OBC.

Good luck to everyone!

"

Thank you! This was very helpful!

Adgirl200
#2828Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 11:43am

I have waited on line 3 times and yesterday was the worst I have seen it.  I think with the warmer weather, students out of school, Tony wins and original cast departures the line is becoming a minimum 48 hour investment.  They were enforcing the 1st 20 rule yesterday and it involves a lot of relocating.  The video seems to be working and also if you have a good group around you everyone kind of sticks together to ensure they get back in line in the right waiting order.  Yesterday only a few people made it off the matinee line and those remaining were brought to the front for the evening show.  It got a little sketchy reassembling the next batch of 20 versus new people just showing up at the theater but the video and groups sticking together seemed to be helping.  I think it can still work but be prepared to invest a couple of days and move around a lot.  It's not as easy as it was even one month ago where you could park yourself in one place and almost guarantee an entry.

Tonya Tedesco
#2829Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 12:20pm

My husband and I are planning to surprise our son by flying out Friday night (the 24th,) getting in line that night, and praying that we can get him in either to 2:00pm show or the 8:00pm show (on the 25th.) Does this seem like a good plan or do we really need to get in by Thursday? What has it been looking like out there for those of you sticking it out in line?

We were there the first weekend in June. We got in line at 5:15 am on Saturday and people at the front had been in line since Thursday. Many didn't get in for the matinee but I think all the Thursday people got in for the evening show. At this point, from what I'm reading and hearing and given the summer you need at least 48 hours in line. You also may only get 2 tickets or 1 ticket and need to have a plan for that. The show is amazing, but frankly at this point, the hysteria is out of control. The show will be amazing even without the OBC and it won't require a 3 day wait or a year of rent to see the show. I'd suggest you go to the line see what it looks like and make a decision then. 

"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2830Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 12:28pm

Tonya Tedesco said: " I'd suggest you go to the line see what it looks like and make a decision then. "

I agree. Each and every day is different. You don't know who plans to show up so it's best to just go to the cancellation line the day you arrive and leave it to chance. Seems like RRT has a new rule every few days without any notice so be prepared for that (i.e. first 20 cutoff, no swapping, etc.).

photopab Profile Photo
photopab
#2831Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 2:09pm

we get into the city on Saturday 06/02 around noon and were going to try for the cancellation line that day. I can't believe I'm reading that you have to make the line... 48 HOURS early?? really???? WOW

I guess we wont be seeing this show for our anniversary after all. Hamilton Cancellation Line

- pab

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2832Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 2:10pm

Over the holiday, I'd double that 48 hour suggestion.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2833Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 2:47pm

photopab said: "I guess we wont be seeing this show for our anniversary after all. "

My suggestion? See one (or two or three or four) of the other great shows on Broadway right now, and when the next ticket block becomes available buy tickets for your next anniversary. 

Updated On: 6/16/16 at 02:47 PM

casedilla2
#2834Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 3:22pm

I'll post a more detailed report later, but I can assure you all that even 48 hours probably isn't enough anymore. I just saw the Wednesday evening show after getting in line 6am on Monday, so we waited 62 hours. There were very, very few house seats released for any of the shows we were in line for (max of 4, and for our show, only 2), but quite a few standing room usually, which is the only thing that moved people up in line at all really. The people who are first in line right now for Thursday evening have been in line since 3am Tuesday morning. It's only going to get worse, because more and more people are lining up, but not enough tickets are being released to clear the line much.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#2835Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 3:41pm

Wow, Casedilla!! Did you have any problem staying awake for the show? Or did you have opportunity to sleep/shower/change clothes, etc.?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2836Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 4:04pm

sarahb22 said: "photopab said: "I guess we wont be seeing this show for our anniversary after all. "

My suggestion? See one (or two or three or four) of the other great shows on Broadway right now, and when the next ticket block becomes available buy tickets for your next anniversary. 
"

I agree with Sarah. But... if it really is meant to be, then do the hamilton digital lottery when you're in town. 

casedilla2
#2837Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 4:21pm

sarahb22 said: "Wow, Casedilla!! Did you have any problem staying awake for the show? Or did you have opportunity to sleep/shower/change clothes, etc."

I actually got a pretty solid night of sleep both nights, I'd say 5-6 hours at least. We brought two of these with us:

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Inflatable-Fabric-Camping-Mattress/dp/B00005BAIB/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466108298&sr=8-3&keywords=camping+mattress

Which actually was listed at $7.99 just a few days ago. We left them behind since they were so inexpensive - although one of them ripped a hole the first night and was useless, so we switched off using it. I had a couple changes of clothes and brought deodorant, wet wipes, a toothbrush/toothpaste, etc. to try and be as much of a normal person as possible haha. I was pretty tired afterwards, but there's no way I could fall asleep during Hamilton!

feyonce
#2838Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 4:51pm

Oh goodness.

So, the catch is, I already have two tickets to see the show July 15. But I really wanted to see Lin, so I was planning to do the line and sell my tickets...but now I wonder if I'll even get in, and if the average wait is over 48 hours. What do you guys think?! Will I be happier just seeing it July 15 with who knows who the actors will be? Do I risk waiting in line for two nights before I have to go back to Virginia?

Luigiamarco
#2839Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 5:22pm

Wow, this is looking highly unlikely for myself and my husband. He's still getting in line tonight because he already has a bus ticket but if it seems like Saturday won't happen by Friday night we're just going to find something else to do. Really wanted to see Lin Manuel but maybe we'll try again later in the summer. I only need to come from Philly.

ammurp
#2840Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 5:55pm

feyonce said: "Oh goodness.

So, the catch is, I already have two tickets to see the show July 15. But I really wanted to see Lin, so I was planning to do the line and sell my tickets...but now I wonder if I'll even get in, and if the average wait is over 48 hours. What do you guys think?! Will I be happier just seeing it July 15 with who knows who the actors will be? Do I risk waiting in line for two nights before I have to go back to Virginia?

"

Keep your tickets. Honestly Javier will be amazing, and they're filming Lin's last show to be released to the masses eventually. As someone who did the cancellation line back in May and only waited 17 hours, you will remember so much more of the performance if you aren't waiting for 48+ hours on a sidewalk before the show. I literally can remember only bits and pieces, like I was drunk when I saw it haha. 

Tuna2
#2841Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 6:31pm

ammurp said: "feyonce said: "Oh goodness.

"

Keep your tickets. Honestly Javier will be amazing, and they're filming Lin's last show to be released to the masses eventually. As someone who did the cancellation line back in May and only waited 17 hours, you will remember so much more of the performance if you aren't waiting for 48+ hours on a sidewalk before the show. I literally can remember only bits and pieces, like I was drunk when I saw it haha. 

I saw the show on May 2, and I only had to wait nine and a half hours (no line sitter)!!  I can't even imagine waiting out there now for 50+ hours!!  Props to all those folks sticking it out!  That type of wait is a young persons game now!!  LOL!

alicity
#2842Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 7:07pm

casedilla2 said: "I actually got a pretty solid night of sleep both nights, I'd say 5-6 hours at least. We brought two of these with us:

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Inflatable-Fabric-Camping-Mattress/dp/B00005BAIB/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466108298&sr=8-3&keywords=camping+mattress

Which actually was listed at $7.99 just a few days ago. We left them behind since they were so inexpensive - although one of them ripped a hole the first night and was useless, so we switched off using it. I had a couple changes of clothes and brought deodorant, wet wipes, a toothbrush/toothpaste, etc. to try and be as much of a normal person as possible haha. I was pretty tired afterwards, but there's no way I could fall asleep during Hamilton!
"

A lot of people seem to be bringing those. When I was in line, there were like 6 camping mattresses in the line. 

ammurp
#2843Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/16/16 at 9:09pm

Tuna2 said: 
I saw the show on May 2, and I only had to wait nine and a half hours (no line sitter)!!  I can't even imagine waiting out there now for 50+ hours!!  Props to all those folks sticking it out!  That type of wait is a young persons game now!!  LOL!"

I honestly can't believe the luck with our timing. We had originally hired a line sitter and then they did the big rule change the Thursday before our show we wanted to see, which was the following Tuesday. So we cancelled the line sitter, got there from Ontario ASAP and did the 17 hours ourselves. Had we been planning to go even a week or two later I don't think we would have made it in and I can't imagine waiting for longer than 24 hours.

"

gr0uphug
#2844Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/17/16 at 1:32am

(part 1)

I did the line, here's what I learned:

buy a twin size pool float at rite aid for 10$, it was the best idea, I was pretty comfy. (I inflated it with an air mattress pump).

bring earplugs and a sleep mask or something, those came in super handy.

bring food, water, and ice in a cooler. there are a lot of options around but it's nice to have some with you. stay hydrated if it's hot!

bring an umbrella for shade! or rain. if it rains, bring garbage bags so your stuff doesn't get wet  

there are nice bathrooms on the 8th floor of the Marriott next door open all day but they close after midnight-ish (there's a 24 hr McDonald's on bway though).

the line gets moved around a lot, sometimes first thing in the morning. sometimes you're just standing around holding all your **** waiting to see where to go next (like during the live Wednesday ham4ham CHAOS). we usually went across the street while there was street cleaning or whatever going on...

gr0uphug
#2845Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/17/16 at 1:34am

(part 1)

I did the line, here's what I learned:

buy a twin size pool float at rite aid for 10$, it was the best idea, I was pretty comfy. (I inflated it with an air mattress pump).

bring earplugs and a sleep mask or something, those came in super handy.

bring food, water, and ice in a cooler. there are a lot of options around but it's nice to have some with you. stay hydrated if it's hot!

bring an umbrella for shade! or rain. if it rains, bring garbage bags so your stuff doesn't get wet  

there are nice bathrooms on the 8th floor of the Marriott next door open all day but they close after midnight-ish (there's a 24 hr McDonald's on bway though).

the line gets moved around a lot, sometimes first thing in the morning. sometimes you're just standing around holding all your **** waiting to see where to go next (like during the live Wednesday ham4ham CHAOS). we usually went across the street while there was street cleaning or whatever going on...

gr0uphug
#2846Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/17/16 at 1:39am

(part 2)

before a show, they have the first 20 stick around to wait for any tickets that become available (sometimes only minutes before the show or as it's starting). beforehand, we took a vid of everyone's order. after the show starts, the rest of the 20 who didn't get tickets and everyone after 20 are free to disperse and come back at the end of the show (just make sure you have a vid! it's also a good idea to have a few people stick around the area at a time to tell any new people what the deal is. everyone's pretty friendly and understanding). during the show is when you'd get an extended break. I went to shower, change, charge my phone, etc... if you're visiting, have someplace to go (friend's, hotel...) 

these post departure announcement weeks have been CRAZY. only 1-5ish tickets have been given out per show, as opposed to 15ish in previous weeks. 

don't do this if you're not prepared to wait for DAYS. at least two nights. maybe three.

don't do this if you're a light sleeper (light, noise, heat...) or don't function well on little sleep (aka be young lol, I'm gettin too old for this ****).

if you're still down for all that, GOOD LUCK!!! if not, wait until Lin leaves and things calm down a bit. whoever you see in the show in the future will be amazing, the production is a work of art and genius. and they're gonna film the original cast!

<3!

ArenDella
#2847Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/17/16 at 9:44am

Hello all,

I just want to thank all of you who have taken the time to not only help me but make this wonderful community. 

My husband and I have decided to wait until the tickets become available for Chicago and see it locally. It is hard not to kick myself for not getting this done sooner so that my son could have gone before all this madness... But I refuse to reward the scalpers disgusting behavior by purchasing tickets. 

This really makes me grateful that my mom was able to take me to live theater before the internet... before "bots"...before a second mortgage on you house was needed to enjoy this wonderful art. Which is why I am like this now. X-D

We are now looking forward to taking him to see the Chicago and await the DVD or the OBC!

This group has been such a blessing... 

Thank you, theater community!

rangersrule132
#2848Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/17/16 at 11:58pm

Got to the theatre Tuesday at noon and just got out of the 8 pm show. More might come later once I sleep in a bed

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#2849Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/18/16 at 12:13am

feyonce said: "Oh goodness. So, the catch is, I already have two tickets to see the show July 15. But I really wanted to see Lin, so I was planning to do the line and sell my tickets...but now I wonder if I'll even get in, and if the average wait is over 48 hours. What do you guys think?! Will I be happier just seeing it July 15 with who knows who the actors will be? Do I risk waiting in line for two nights before I have to go back to Virginia?"

If I were you I would sell those tickets and buy different ones for before Lin leaves, that might work.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Videos