News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 150

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#3725Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 6:45pm

Seeing it tonight.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3726Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 7:30pm

Of course Disney was responsible for the removal of Rapunzel's death. They can deny it all they want to, but it's the only reason they'd ever take it out.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3727Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 8:34pm

"shakin" why only 7 or 7.5...to me this looks like a classic musical...your possible ratings seem to low...no?

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 08:34 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3728Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:17pm

^Don't worry about it, he/she's been blah about it and trying to lower the expectations since LES MISERABLES, Rob Marshall's announcement as the director of INTO THE WOODS, and the cutting of Rapunzel's death (which to me, works both ways).

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#3729Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:34pm

""shakin" why only 7 or 7.5...to me this looks like a classic musical...your possible ratings seem to low...no"

It looks like it will be a mixed bag but can't say much until It's out. Judging from the 1000 clips and tv spots, it doesn't look like it will have the gravitas that the musical had, but we will see. At any rate, it does look better than that atrocious Les Mis film.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#3730Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 9:53pm

I am obsessed with Emily's reading of the line 'and a prince for...whatever' !!!!

Showface
#3731Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:08pm

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"It looks like it will be a mixed bag but can't say much until It's out. Judging from the 1000 clips and tv spots, it doesn't look like it will have the gravitas that the musical had, but we will see. "

Reviews/reactions seem to be much more positive than negative, and apparently, according to those who have seen it the 2nd Act is DARKER, and it does maintain the gravitas the stage production has. :)

At this point, we have two weeks until the premiere. The issue of Rapunzel's fate should be over by now. It is not that big of a deal, and does not affect the emotional arc of the Witch's character and of the film. Don't take that just from me...take that from those who have seen it.

Updated On: 12/10/14 at 10:08 PM

Showface
#3732Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:11pm

"Seeing it tonight."

Report back when your done, please! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

baal
#3733Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:14pm

"At any rate, it does look better than that atrocious Les Mis film."

I thought the Les Mis film was pretty great--incredibly superior to the majority of musical adaptations of the past 20 years.

From the small amount we have seen, I think this looks pretty promising. I thought Rob Marshall really missed the mark with Nine, but have high hopes for this.

Musical Master
#3734Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 10:31pm

@baal, I agree, to me CHICAGO, DREAMGIRLS and LES MISERABLES are really great film adaptations of theater musicals with some flaws here and there, which film doesn't. Though I would say that the producers and writers of NINE missed the mark more times than Marshall did.

If he is confirmed to direct FOLLIES then by golly he better do it! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

degrassifan
#3735Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 11:40pm

Musical Master, what about Hairspray?

Musical Master
#3736Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/14 at 11:43pm

@degrassifan Thanks for reminding me, I like that one too! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

degrassifan
#3737Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 12:03am

Musical Master, no problem dude! Just wanted to hear your opinion. I agree with your choices. Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

Musical Master
#3738Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 12:12am

Thanks, HAIRSPRAY is a delightful movie with a surprisingly neat performance from John Travolta, who I'm not a fan of, and the designs are 60's to the fullest. It's rather to bad that Nikki Blonsky hasn't done more musicals.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#3739Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 6:00am

I have not clicked on any links that could expose me to too much of the film before I get to see it. I'm not one that needs to know about every single burp & fart that went on. I love the element of surprise. I *have* been watching many of the interviews with the cast and their thoughts on the making of the film, Sondheim, the show itself, their personal process those things are far more interesting to me.

I have to say that this film is graced with some top-notch talent. I'm impressed (with the very little) that I have seen of the film itself, but hearing the cast talk about their experiences while making the film me has me really psyched about it.

This movie could not have come at a better time in my life (for very personal reasons). I've had an extremely rough 18 months and this show's themes and lessons are truly going to resonate with me.

I think I may need to bring a hankie or two with me when I go see it...lol

Updated On: 12/11/14 at 06:00 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#3740Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 8:14am

I wasn't going to watch any more clips, but I caved in. Seeing Emily Blunt in a section of Moments In the Woods, wow. She nails it. Wonderful acting and singing.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Mrtrobz
#3741Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 8:33am

The previews are now available on Amazon. :)

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#3742Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 8:45am

GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATIONS...3
BEST PIC - MUSICAL
BEST ACTRESS - EMILY BLUNT
BEST SUP ACTRESS -MERYL STREEP

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#3743Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 8:47am

I'm glad to see that Emily Blunt is getting some love. Meryl may be Meryl but the Baker's Wife is a more difficult role to successfully execute in my opinion.

YAY INTO THE WOODS!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3744Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 9:38am

Congrats to all! :)

beautywickedlover
#3745Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 10:45am

I was disappointed that the cast hardly got any love at at SAGs yesterday, but these nominations make me very happy.

jimmycurry01
#3746Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 11:52am

I am happy to see some love from the HFP for this film. It is unfortunate that there was not much love from SAG, as I think the guild's award ceremonies are far more indicative of Oscar chances.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3747Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 12:08pm

I've been trying to avoid clips as well, but damn if Emily Blunt doesn't just kill in that little clip. Very nicely sung and acted better than I think I've ever seen it done before. It's such a good part, and I'm so happy it seems like she's succeeding.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3748Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 12:20pm

Fascinating article from The Hollywood Reporter.

Understandably, Disney was nervous about the material. When Marshall first pitched the project in 2011 to the studio's president of production, Sean Bailey, it seemed a natural fit. "We were finishing up Pirates and had a great experience," recalls Bailey of the meeting. But at the time, Bailey was not "wildly familiar" with just how dark Sondheim's telling of Brothers Grimm tales could get. After he got more familiar, he realized that Depp's perverted wolf was the least of Disney's problems. The studio also had issues with a key scene in which the Baker's Wife wanders from her husband and ends up having a one-night stand with Prince Charming. "It certainly was something on our minds and we talked about it a lot," says Bailey of the tense days leading up to a green light. "We had a lot of conversations about that going in before we even got close to closing deals."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/perverted-wolves-cheating-wives-a-755359

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3749Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/14 at 12:20pm

double post
Updated On: 12/11/14 at 12:20 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos