News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Katie Clarke

originalsin
#0Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/2/06 at 8:03pm

Does anyone know where Katie will be headed after Piazza ends? I heard she wasn't doing the national tour and i was wondering if any one had any info about her future shows.
Thanks

whimsical
#1re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 3:49am

Katie turned down the tour -- she's currently auditioning and has a couple of smaller projects in the works.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#2re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 3:54am

she turned it down?

why?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 6/3/06 at 03:54 AM

andyf
#3re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 4:05am

Because there is a God?

Because she decided to stop ruining the show for everyone?

Because she decided someone with talent/someone who can actually sing the role properly and not completely butcher a beautiful score should have it?

Gosh, the possibilities are endless...

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

muscle23ftl
#4re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 4:49am

hehe.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#5re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 6:32am

oh be nice, she's still very young.

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~

timmetzner Profile Photo
timmetzner
#6re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 9:11am

I loved Katie. I was completely enthralled in her performance and bought every single aspect of it.

I wish her the best of luck in whatever her next project is.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#7re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 9:50am

I also thoroughly enjoyed her performance.

And there is a fine line between objectively critiquing someone's performance and being unecessarily cruel and disparaging.

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#8re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:38am

Although I wasn't thrilled with her voice, whenever I picture Piazza, or when I read the book, it was her I pictured as Clara, not Kelli oe anyone else, just automatically. I think she embodied the part.

timote316
#9re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:57am

I thought she was excellent. And I agree with whatyouown, she embodies the part. I love Kelli O'Hara, but she doesnt exactly look the right age for the part.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#10re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 12:04pm

Jeez, andyf, take it easy.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#11re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 1:29pm

bitter much?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#12re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:15pm

Andy is completely right. I've seen Katie twice now and she was awful both times. She can't sing the score and her acting is embarrassing. The truth hurts.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#13re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:17pm

I did no think she was horrible, but I was pretty disappointed. No one was better than Kelli O'Hara.

MEF, your avatar is brilliance. I get chills just looking at that woman...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

melissa errico fan
#14re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:22pm

I know, isn't Gay just the best? I'm seeing the show again tonight, my fourth time.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#15re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:23pm

I don't understand why they would bump Celia for a more legit sound and then turn around and hire Katie after Kelli.

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#16re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:26pm

MEF, when is JB slated to close? Any projected release date for the CD?

I need to see that again...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

timote316
#17re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:32pm

They didn't bumb Celia. She opted to do Spelling Bee instead.

melissa errico fan
#18re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:35pm

It's selling through September right now, and the CD was either just recorded or is being recorded very soon. I would assume it'll have a summer release, before the show closes. I can't wait to have the CD.

Timote, they DID bump Celia. She's said so herself. Updated On: 6/3/06 at 02:35 PM

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#19re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:38pm

Yeah, Kelli O'hara told the story on Seth's Chatterbox...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#20re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:40pm

I had no problems with Katie's acting. I thought it was fine, and I believed everything she did. Everything, that is, until she sang. I was repeatedly brought out of the moment because I had to pray that her mix wouldn't crack under the pressure of the title song or under the pressure of her interlude, or during Say it Somehow. She just didn't flip into headvoice when appropriate and it really lowered my opinion of her performance.
Updated On: 6/3/06 at 02:40 PM

muscle23ftl
#21re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 2:55pm

I think Katie was very excited about accepting this role, and she wasn't really ready for it. But i blame the casting. I don't want to attack her or anything, she really couldn't sing the score. Jennifer Hope Wills, Jill Paice and other actresses with more acting skills and without difficulties to hit high notes, would have been amazing as Clara.

MEF: What show are you talking about?

Updated On: 6/3/06 at 02:55 PM

timote316
#22re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:57pm

mef - I did not know that. Interesting.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#23re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:14am

Katie is doing the PBS telecast right? so I guess i'll get to judge her then....it's a shame though, that they didn't do this for the OBC who we all know are amazing!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

melissa errico fan
#24re: Katie Clarke
Posted: 6/4/06 at 7:02am

Muscle: JACQUES BREL IS ALIVE AND WELL AND LIVING IN PARIS. Click the link below. re: Katie Clarke
http://jacquesbrelreturns.com/

Videos