News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

New Cabaret casting spring 2025?

Theatrefanboy1
#1New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 9:31pm

Any word or rumblings on who will replace Adam Lambert in the spring? I had heard his contract expires around March 23. I’m wondering if we could see a return of Eddie Redmayne for a brief 6-8 week stint. Or if they would be looking at someone else.  I’m curious who they would consider - especially given the fact that this show seems to require a real name to sell.  
I would of course love to see TImothee Chalamet as the emcee. Or Austin Butler.  Even just to carry the show through the summer. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 9:46pm

No clue but it's early. I'm sure there won't be an announcement prior to January. Especially if they're struggling to fill the house with the current stars.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 9:50pm

You open productions with names like Chalamet and Butler- you don’t put them in as second replacements in a tepidly received production. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JSquared2
#4New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 10:36pm

Kad said: "You open productions with names like Chalamet and Butler- you don’t put them in as second replacements in a tepidly received production."

Emma Stone would like a word…

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#5New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 10:51pm

Maybe its just me, but I feel like Timothee Chalamet and Austin Butler now are bigger stars than Emma Stone was in 2014. 

I don't think his ego would let him be a replacement, but Ben Platt seems ripe for this. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 10/21/24 at 10:51 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#6New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 10:54pm

I’d love to see Jinkx Monsoon play Sally Bowles. 

L! I! B! E! R! T! Y! New York Liberty!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#7New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:02pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "I’d love to see Jinkx Monsoon play Sally Bowles."

LOL Jinx? Don't think so. Never gonna happen.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Bwaygurl2
#8New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:12pm

Ben Platt and Jinx Monsoon in Cabaret? I see the vision. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#9New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:13pm

Robbie2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "I’d love to see Jinkx Monsoon play Sally Bowles."

LOL Jinx? Don't think so. Never gonna happen.
"

She’s responsible for Chicago’s best box office numbers in recent history, she had a sold out run in Little Shop, she’s got a Carnegie Hall performance coming up in February, and she regularly sells out her touring shows. She’s certainly more equipped and proven than many who’ll be in the mix for it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

inception Profile Photo
inception
#10New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:45pm

They could do like The Masked Singer & just tell you it's a celebrity, but you have to guess who it is...

maybe it's Donny Osmond or maybe it's T-Pain or maybe it's Tom Brady or maybe it's Wayne Brady

starlightlocamotion
#11New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:45pm

Ben & Michaela round two in the cards, perhaps? ✨

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#12New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/21/24 at 11:57pm

starlightlocamotion said: "Ben & Michaela round two in the cards, perhaps? ✨"

Please god no…

Part of me would love Michael Urie as the Emcee. I also still really want Conrad Ricamora as Cliff.

Also, not to be overly sentimental, but I think Gavin Creel would’ve made a magnificent Emcee for this revival and I think it would’ve been another star-making performance.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 10/21/24 at 11:57 PM

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#13New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/22/24 at 1:14am

You know it’s prob going to be Aaron or Sutton lol 

just close it, it had a fun run

binau Profile Photo
binau
#14New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/22/24 at 3:34am

Emma Stone in Cabaret was a little different. As far as I understand she was meant to open the show but the schedule didn’t work, she wanted to do the role and it was Sam Mendes directing who is an acclaimed film director that is an important connection to have. It didn’t feel like this was just a typical replacement. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#15New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/22/24 at 4:45am

I would want nothing more than for Mason Alexander Park to reprise their performance from London, but I don't think they could sell out houses night after night. 

As for Sally Bowles, if they want to have MASSIVE sell-out crowds, then they should have BIG names like Zendaya, Dove Cameron, or even Renee Rapp. Zendaya alone could pack houses night after night. Then they don't have to have as big of a name for the Emcee. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Rex Ere
#16New Cabaret casting spring 2025?
Posted: 10/22/24 at 8:24am

Some (most) people on this board are so untethered from reality, it's almost funny.  

Latest Posts

Videos