Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027 — Page 5

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#102

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

schubox said: "TotallyEffed said: "I am really pleased both Much Ado and Evita have very reasonably priced tickets."

Yeah, I guess it was just the Amex presale prices? But honestly wouldn't have been surprised for them to charge almost double what I ended up paying for these
"



Totally. When this was rumored to come last season, I was actually relieved that it didn't because I had anxiety over ticket prices. That's how bad things have gotten! I was expecting $700 orchestra tickets. I'm seeing it in the fourth row for $200. Really nice.

#103

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

TotallyEffed said: "schubox said: "TotallyEffed said: "I am really pleased both Much Ado and Evita have very reasonably priced tickets."

Yeah, I guess it was just the Amex presale prices? But honestly wouldn't have been surprised for them to charge almost double what I ended up paying for these
"



Totally. When this was rumored to come last season, I was actually relieved that it didn't because I had anxietyover ticket prices. That's how bad things have gotten! I was expecting $700 orchestra tickets. I'm seeing itin the fourth row for $200. Really nice.
"

You’ll see $700 orchestra seats on the reg, after performances begin. JMO


“I am furious, but I am sailing.”
#105

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

schubox said: "I hate them putting tickets on sale this early. I am still planning my trip in November, and now I have to try to figure out what I'm doing next spring?"

Same. This is way too far in advance for me. sad


==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
#106

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

TotallyEffed said: "I am really pleased both Much Ado and Evita have very reasonably priced tickets."

Honestly I hate to say it but those reasonably priced tickets are going to be long gone after the fan presale on Friday

#110

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

TotallyEffed said: "I am really pleased both Much Ado and Evita have very reasonably priced tickets."

It really does build fan goodwill to start a little lower and then increase prices based on demand. $89 for the 2nd row of the mezz feels extremely reasonable, unless there's an odd bit of staging that I'll miss....

#111

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "TotallyEffed said: "I am really pleased both Much Ado and Evita have very reasonably priced tickets."

It really does build fan goodwill to start a little lower and then increase prices based on demand. $89 for the 2nd row of the mezz feels extremely reasonable, unless there's an odd bit of staging that I'll miss....
"


Absolutely. The greed in recent years has been really gross to watch. This was quite refreshing.

#115

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

While the timing is just too far in advance for me, I am glad that everyone else is getting an opportunity to purchase decent tickets at a very reasonable price.

The insistence by producers of shows much less likely than Evita to cause a stir to charge very high prices has been a galling trend. This is a refreshing change.

ETA: Changed my mind. We are seeing it Friday, April 2. Paid more than originally planned but Row J of the orchestra to see one of the events of the Broadway season, 8 days after Opening Night, with my wife and another family member who really loved it in London seemed worth a minor splurge. (I am aware I could have gotten a better deal by getting tickets later - but that’s when schedules aligned.)

It is very strange to get tickets 10 months before the show. In one respect, it’s a sign of optimism.

Updated On: 5/29/26 at 04:07 AM

#118

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

Is it even possible for the same director to have 2 back to back shows? Just wondering since having Evita immediatly after Much ado is very weird? Also why didn't the producers pick The Majestic, which would have been a better location for Evita?

#122

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

EDSOSLO858 said: "Diego Rodriguez, James Olivas, and Bella Brown are all coming over to the Broadway production!

Angel Lozada is the new Magaldi.

19-personensemble and 6 swings.
"

This is exciting! Glad to see Bella Brown is coming over. I thought she said she wasn’t.

#123

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

"Newly joining the production for the Broadway transfer will be Ángel Lozada as Agustín Migaldi, along with Giuseppe Bausilio, Mely Berdion, Brandon Borkowsky, Ayla Ciccone-Burton, Grace Conrad, Christian Jesús Galvis, Tommy Gedrich, Sydney Jones, Natasha Leaver, Maggie Likcani, Mireia Mambo, Sebastian Martinez, Justice Moore, Pepe Muñoz, Julio Rey, Ken San Jose, Victor Carrillo Tracey, Damani Van Rensalier, and J'Kobe Wallace. Swings Alexis Hasbrouck, AK Naderer, Regine Sophia, Francisco Thurston, Bryce Valle, and Michael Bryan Wang will round out the company.

Further casting as well as the complete creative team will be announced at a later date."

https://playbill.com/article/diego-rodriguez-and-james-olivas-will-again-co-star-with-rachel-zegler-in-evita-on-broadway

#124

Official: Jamie Lloyd's EVITA to open on Broadway in Spring 2027

Good for Ángel Lozada! His voice and general presence was a highlight of Oratorio for Living Things.

Curious what took them so long to announce Diego and James, considering it has been a totally open secret since they announced the revival. I assume just for marketing reasons, but I doubt anyone was holding back on buying until they were officially on board.

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59