News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 100

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2475Hair thread.
Posted: 11/24/09 at 6:47am

Yay i loved theo!

and i heard their last show is march 7th
is this true?

sgv123
#2476Hair thread.
Posted: 11/24/09 at 10:53pm

Anthony will be back on Dec. 15th.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2477Hair thread.
Posted: 11/26/09 at 2:26pm

without having to go through all 100 pages of this thread, can someone tell me the best book to buy in regards to this show and it's history/story??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ActingIsLovee
#2478Hair thread.
Posted: 11/26/09 at 8:32pm

Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd ask here. How are the seats in the upper mezz (row P-R). I really want to see the March 7th performance but I can't afford orch seats.

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#2479Hair thread.
Posted: 11/27/09 at 6:04am

I sat in row Q for half of act 1 (before Bryce and Gavin came up and brought everyone to open seats). They are fine. The sightlines are great.

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2480Hair thread.
Posted: 11/27/09 at 9:41am

Wait they just popped up and told everybody there were open seats? lol

ActingIsLovee
#2481Hair thread.
Posted: 11/27/09 at 11:08am

And does anyone know if it was confirmed that March 7th is the current cast's last show in the U.S?

ActingIsLovee
#2482Hair thread.
Posted: 11/29/09 at 9:47pm

Updated On: 11/29/09 at 09:47 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#2483Hair thread.
Posted: 11/29/09 at 9:49pm

"And does anyone know if it was confirmed that March 7th is the current cast's last show in the U.S?"

New cast starts on March 9th. They can't bring in a new cast to play March 7th so that has to be the current cast's last show.

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#2484Hair thread.
Posted: 11/29/09 at 9:53pm

I will finally get to see Hair this Wednesday. I can't wait!

bluebubbles
#2485Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:18pm

SPOILERS BELOW

I have some questions about how the show is set up, I've been meaning to go see it, but it doesn't look like it will work out with the money at the moment

For the Act 1 Finale, I know that they are nude, but how does it work out? I have the soundtrack and assume that they come out during the end when they are singing "Beads, flowers, freedom, happiness"? Do they undress onstage or do they come on already naked?

And at the finale of the show, I've seen a clip of the very ending (From "Like it or not they got me" to the end), but how do they do the part where Claude is singing "Ain't got no" and, what sounds like, getting shot?

Thanks!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2486Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 7:29pm

From what I've 'seen' they get naked on stage in really low lights while Claude sings 'Where Do I Go?'.

SPOILERS

And at the finale of the show, I've seen a clip of the very ending (From "Like it or not they got me" to the end), but how do they do the part where Claude is singing "Ain't got no" and, what sounds like, getting shot?

He is getting shot. Updated On: 12/1/09 at 07:29 PM

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#2487Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 10:10pm

SPOILERS

They undress toward the very end of Where Do I Go? and stand in a line facing the audience naked. Because its toward the end of the song, they aren't naked for more than 30seconds-1 minute (max). From what I could tell they all stand except for Kacie (and her strapped on pregnant belly) who kneels and another actor and actress, the actor is laying on his back while the actress kneels beside him with his head in her lap.

During, "Aint Got No" at the end, a few cast members hold Claude up in their arms while the rest of the cast encircles them. Every time you hear the "shot" sound he acts as if hes been hit and falls back into their arms and gets propped up again, yet is noticeably "weaker" and struggling with the rest of the "Aint got nos". At the end of this segment, he runs off stage to change into his military outfit as the cast sings "Yip Up The Sun". He returns when you hear him say "I'm right here..like it or not they got me"

bluebubbles
#2488Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 10:10pm

Spoiler

Thanks for the help! Do you know how they do the finale though? One of my friends saw it and said something about the tribe holding up Claude as he's getting shot?

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#2489Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 10:17pm

Yes, they do. More info in the post I put up 4 seconds before yours :P.

bluebubbles
#2490Hair thread.
Posted: 12/1/09 at 10:27pm

hahaha perfect timing :) thanks!

rodgers03
#2491Hair thread.
Posted: 12/5/09 at 2:23pm

Hi! Quick question: Does anyone know how long they are selling the vinyl copy of the cast album at the theater? Also, how much are they selling it for? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Luv2goToShows
#2492Hair thread.
Posted: 12/5/09 at 6:30pm

http://www.sh-k-boom.com/hair_broadway_vinyl.shtml

$50, not sure if they have them at the theater or not, I did not see them on the Hair website, only on the Ghostlight Records site (above link)

Hrududu Profile Photo
Hrududu
#2493Hair thread.
Posted: 12/9/09 at 8:09am

I saw the show last Wednesday and noticed a couple of things that a couple of posters have already brought up. I thought it might have been a diction issue but now think it could be a sound one. But I could barely make out what a lot of the actors were singing. I'm only familiar with a handful of the songs but for the rest of them I have no idea what they were singing about. The particular stand out was the 'White Boys' and 'Black Boys' numbers. It really took me out of the performance.

I wasn't familiar with the story either but what threw me completely was how thin the plot was. At one point Berger is expelled from school. And after the initial reaction of "When, 20 years ago?" you realise that it doesn't matter. Its never mentioned again and has no relevence to anything. The same goes for most of what happens, with the exception of what happens with Claude's character.

The show seems to rely very heavily on energy, and maybe it was because I'd been travelling and was so tired but that just wasn't enough for me. Maybe if I saw it in a better frame of mind I'd enjoy it more, but I was surprised at how disappointed I was.

Luv2goToShows
#2494Hair thread.
Posted: 12/9/09 at 9:00am

Not sure if this would apply but to play it say Possible ****Spoiler Alert****

Hrududu, Sorry to hear your were disappointed and had a hard time hearing the lyrics, I did notice some locations in the theater were less audible then others. Even though Hair was a bit before my time, I always loved the music, so I went to the shows knowing it and of course loving it.

There is a significant meaning of Berger getting expelled from school, he is now bait for the Draft and almost guaranteed to be sent to Vietnam to fight in the war. As far as White Boys, Black Boys, in my opinion, it reflects the era of the 60's and the hippies, peace, love, everyone without with out racial prejudice.

trombonist
#2495Hair thread.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 8:03am

Hrududu - I can sympathize with your feelings. The first time I saw the show, I was in a rotten mood, didn't really want to see it anyway (there was a misunderstanding between myself and my friend who bought the tickets - I though he asked what I did NOT want to see, and he thought he asked what I DID want to see), had been groped on the subway by guys in town for Fleet Week (and gotten the "I'm serving my country!" bs when I called them on it) which added to my bad mood... And then I couldn't understand what they were singing and had no clue how thin the plot was. (We were in the last row of the mezz - not sure if that's what the sound issue was because another friend saw it from the front row of the mezz and still had trouble understanding the words).

That said, I gave it another chance back in early September with a standing room ticket and while I didn't completely understand the words I did like it better.

Then last night I was killing time with the lottery and ended up winning. I wasn't sure about it since I had really intended to see it (I would have sold someone else in the lottery my ticket had I realized before he released everyone that not everyone won - had to be only a couple who didn't), but I went and now can say that I do like the show. I still don't always understand all the words, and I still know that the plot is thin, but going in knowing that I think helps me to relax and enjoy the experience.

Yay Hair!

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2496Hair thread.
Posted: 12/19/09 at 4:47pm

Saw the show last night. Steel was on for Will and he was great! Also, Jim Rado was in the audience :)

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2497Hair thread.
Posted: 12/20/09 at 12:29am

I saw the show on Friday too. I also thought Steel was great. This was my third time seeing him as Berger. He keeps getting better and better every time. I talked to Jim Rado for a little bit after the show. He's a very nice guy and seemed appreciative of my compliments on the show. It was pretty cool to meet him.

Congrats to Hair on their 300th performance! :) Updated On: 12/20/09 at 12:29 AM

holdyourbatboy
#2498Hair thread.
Posted: 12/20/09 at 10:53pm

"Trombonist" is a hypocrite, and reviews shows based on her personal obsessions with cast members. Keep this in mind, she bashed Hair throughout the Tony season.
Updated On: 12/20/09 at 10:53 PM

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2499Hair thread.
Posted: 12/21/09 at 5:52pm

Happy Holidays!

Seasonal snapshots from the Hair tribe

Videos