News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 17

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

JasonC3
#400TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 5:43am

this thread is becoming a train wreck of useless back and forth

performances can't come soon enough so people can start talking about something tangible

bway1430
#401TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 10:38am

CoffeeBreak said: "Having seen this in UK, the Borle and Ceveris casting may have created the trifecta this show needs and deserves. Evans as Billy Graham could be fantastic too. The rest of the players aremore ensemble, with name,and will fill well enough."

I agree and based on the rehearsal clips it looks like one helluva cast.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#402TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 11:23am

Why put out negativity? Wish the show well. It’s not your money. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#403TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 3:17pm

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 10/15/24 at 03:17 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#404TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 5:18pm

It seems to me that discussing the economic prospects of an incoming show, good or bad, is a very common thing here, and well within the scope of a Broadway discussion board. I'm not sure why it's become such a point of contention on this particular thread.

BETTY22
#405TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 5:39pm

Give it a chance. Friends saw it in London and said there is lots to enjoy.

I am looking forward to seeing it. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#406TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 5:51pm

Thinking a show will struggle to find financial success is not the same as thinking a show is bad. Why are so many people acting brand new here?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dan94
#407TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 5:57pm

kdogg36 said: "It seems to me that discussing the economic prospects of an incoming show, good or bad, is a very common thing here, and well within the scope of a Broadway discussion board. I'm not sure why it's become such a point of contention on this particular thread."

Any British musical seems to become a point of contention in early threads. There was a loud group in early Cabaret threads who insisted any person who did not love the production was uneducated and wrong. There is drama in this thread. There was some drama around Sunset before it started. There are clearly some active stans in the Operation Mincemeat thread. It's certainly not all British posters, but there are a number who love to tell the rest of us how wrong we are.

I'm looking forward to seeing this show, I hope it succeeds. But you can't ignore your eyes. People have to see the show for there to be word of mouth. As of now, it's not clear how they are going to get people in to see this.

And for those who claim they did not see any name calling, "instead of just lisping about it flopping before the first preview" is less than two shades away from Sharon Tate's famous quote in Valley of the Dolls.

Eddie3
#408TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 7:09pm

I have to confess that, although I love the classic musicals, I'm not much of a fan of new musicals. Despite that, I saw Tammy Faye at the Almeida in London and I LOVED IT!  The cast was great, particularly Katie Brayben in the eponymous role and Zubin Varla, who played Jerry Falwell, who had (IMHO), the best song. Although Varla is one of my favorite actors, Michael Cerveris will certainly do justice to the very juicy role.  I just hope they don't cut his song.

Andrew Rannells was very good as Jim, but Christian Borle will be fine, it's not as showy a role as Tammy Faye or Jerry Falwell. Looking forward to seeing this great new musical again!

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#409TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 10/15/24 at 8:18pm

TBFL said: "instead of just lisping about it flopping"

I didn't notice this the first time I read it, but since dan94 pointed it out... why did you choose this particular verb? It seems clearly homophobic on the face of it; the burden is on you to demonstrate otherwise. 

Videos