News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 14

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

bway1430
#325TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/22/24 at 9:59am

Hey, producers and PR reps will keep singing their shows praises on here no matter how the ship is sailing or if its sinking"

I'll take the reps here any day over the crashingly dull folks who are intent on trashing a show or it's outcome without having seen it or before it has even begun previews. 

They need to get a real hobby.

lilpunkin
#326TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/22/24 at 10:05am

“Comparing American founding fathers whose names are familiar to anyone who attended school”

Familiar to anyone who attended school in America.

They don’t teach the “founding fathers” in European schools (at least, not universally - my school didn’t cover US history at all, except to very briefly touch on Christopher Columbus).

Plenty of non-Americans had never heard of Hamilton before the musical.

Also, it’s weird how fixated some people are on trashing a show they’ve never seen which doesn’t even open for months (posting over and over again, insisting that anyone who saw and liked it must be a paid PR shill) - I just don’t get where that level of fixation comes from. There are plenty of shows I have zero interest in, or think suck, so I simply never open threads dedicated to those shows. Actively seeking out threads about a show you’ve never seen yet somehow psychically know is terrible/doomed to fail is just objectively quite bizarre behaviour. Updated On: 8/22/24 at 10:05 AM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#327TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/22/24 at 10:08am

Sutton Ross has terrible taste and everything she hates becomes a big hit, so it’s for the better that shes hating 

ivy3
#328TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/22/24 at 10:09am

gibsons2 said: "Comparing American founding fathers whose names are familiar to anyone who attended school and opened a history book to an obscure US televangelist from the 70s is ridiculous."

To be clear, You are talking about Americans and I'm not. The comment I replied was about "international tourists won't care and she is barely known outside of United States". If you think American founding fathers are covered in other countries schools, you will be sadly mistaken. Every country is focused on their own history and do not teach American history. So I'll say odds are Hamilton is equally unknown as Tammy Faye for most of international tourists (unless someone is from UK or such countries with historical connections to US).

(Edited to add: Saw the comment above me and I am also European born and educated. Yes, the only people we were taught were Columbus discovering America and Washington as the first president. That's it.)

My point - although not explicitly stated - was people will go to good musicals regardless of whether they know the real life characters the shows are based on. This is the reason why international tourists went to Hamilton despite not knowing a single thing about American history. Similarly they can attend a Tammy Faye musical without even hearing about her before in their life. 

Updated On: 8/22/24 at 10:09 AM

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#329TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/23/24 at 12:19am

Sutton Ross said: "i find it surprising that people are not more familiar with her

Is that why you complained half a dozen times and said the same thing over and over again, that you just don't get why people aren't more interested? Then when people gave you their answers, you simply didn't accept them? And I love how you stated the "PTL network" as if that's just something people would just know. Unless this is a Righteous Gemstones situation, I can guarantee people here aren't all that interested. Sales reflect this.
"

"Complained half a dozen times".... Are you sure about that?

Now, when should i post my next press release for this fantastic show, with an amazing score and an award winning lead performance...

Updated On: 8/24/24 at 12:19 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#330TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/23/24 at 9:53am

While the production’s fortunes are unclear as of now, I will say that the presence of Cerveris in the cast reassures me. He chooses his Broadway projects exceptionally well. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

iWannaBEaSedaris Profile Photo
iWannaBEaSedaris
#331TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/23/24 at 3:53pm

FWIW, I've read the script and heard the score. It is going to be a smart, ribald, and poignant night at the theatre. 

I predict 'If You Came to See Me Cry' will be a standard in the rep by this time next year. 

I'm very excited for it. 

bway1430
#332TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/24/24 at 3:42am

iWannaBEaSedaris said: "FWIW, I've read the script and heard the score.It is going to be a smart, ribald, and poignantnight at the theatre.

I predict 'If You Came to See Me Cry' will be a standard in the rep by this time next year.

I'm very excited for it.

Curious how much you can say about what songs have remained/been cut/added from the Almeida production.

I loved "If You Came To See Me Cry" too but her Act One closer "Open Hands" really blew me away.

Updated On: 8/24/24 at 03:42 AM

Theatrefan2
#333TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/24/24 at 7:32am

While the founding fathers may not be taught, basic America history has filtered down through either school or American movies/tv that goes around the world. Many people will have a vague awareness of how America was created.

You also have history as a common interest among many people.

Plus in Hamiltons case it's become a worldwide cultural phenomenon that is a rarity.

bway1430
#334TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/24/24 at 9:10am

HAMILTON might attract foreign tourists as a Broadway show, but it is not a worldwide phenomenon.

It has done well in the West End but bombed miserably in Hamburg where its first non-English production was mounted.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#335TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/24/24 at 10:58pm

If people will only go to shows about people or subjects they know about, how did Evita run for so long?

Neither Eva Peron or Argentine history is taught in schools and there aren't exactly many films about it. It's not like there was any social media to spread the word either.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#336TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/28/24 at 11:23am

Full cast announced. Katie Brayben will have an alternate with announced performances in advance.

TAMMY FAYE will feature Two-time Olivier Award-winner Katie Brayben as Tammy Faye Bakker, Two-time Tony Award-winner Christian Borle as Jim Bakker, and Two-time Tony Award-winner Michael Cerveris as Jerry Falwell.

Joining the company are Autumn Hurlbert as the Tammy Faye Bakker Alternate, Nick Bailey as Paul Crouch, Charl Brown as Steve Pieters, Mark Evans as Billy GrahamAllison Guinn as Jan Crouch, Ian Lassiter as Jimmy Swaggart/Ronald Reagan/Archbishop, Raymond J. Lee as John FletcherMax Gordon Moore as Thomas S. Monson/Marvin Gorman, Alana Pollard as Jessica Hahn, and Andy Taylor as Pat Robertson/Ted Turner. Ms. Hurlbert’s performance schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.

The TAMMY FAYE company will also include Amanda Clement, Michael Di Liberto, Jonathan Duvelson, Lily KaufmannDenis LambertElliott MattoxBrittany NicholasKevin QuillonAveena SawyerAllysa Shorte, TJ Tapp, Daniel Torres, and Dana Wilton

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#337TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/28/24 at 11:24am

Great cast!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

thinton
#338TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/28/24 at 8:24pm

It looks like Thomas S. Monson/Marvin Gorman is a role that's been added since Almeida.  Is that right?  Interesting that they added more American religious leaders.  Does anyone know how much these characters will be in the show and in what way?  I'm not seeing anything online that connects Monson to Tammy Faye.  Kind of random that he was mentioned in one of Rannell's lyrics in Book of Mormon. 

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#339TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 8/29/24 at 2:58am

thinton said: "It looks like Thomas S. Monson/Marvin Gorman is a role that's been added since Almeida. Is that right? Interesting that they added more American religious leaders. Does anyone know how much these characters will be in the show and in what way?I'm not seeing anything online that connects Monson to Tammy Faye. Kind of randomthat he was mentioned in one of Rannell's lyrics in Book of Mormon."

They were both in the Almeida producction, played by Fred Haig. The story is as much about the politics of the time, as it is about Tammy Faye, so numerous televangelists from that era make an appearance - Jerry Falwell, Pat Robinson, Billy Graham, Jimmy Swaggert etc.

They have cast 5 additional ensemble,members more than there was at the Almeida, plus swings. It's interesting that they have cast the same way they did in London, with similar actors in the same track.

Broadway Flash
#340TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 3:33am

I’m so happy for Autumn!!  Ive been a fan of hers since the legally blonde reality show, and now she will finally get to play a leading lady at the Palace!!  I will definitely want to see her Tammy as well as Katie’s.  I would also love to see Laura Bell Bundy in the role.  They cast Mark Evans, an English actor as Billy Graham. 

BETTY22
#341TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 12:00pm

I'm excited to see. Fear Palace might be too big without a huge star 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#342TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 1:50pm

^100% 

It looks beautiful though.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#343TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 1:51pm

Even the bathrooms are hot

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#344TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 10:02pm

I realise it's all be refurbished, but what is the rake like in the Orchestra, where does the Mezzanine overhang from? I can't decide between the two levels. 

Broadway Flash
#345TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/2/24 at 10:23pm

I sat in the mezzanine for Sunset Boulevard and SpongeBob and I thought it was the perfect place to be, but those sets were on two different levels.  Not sure if Tammy Faye has a two tier set.  
also for the naysayers, they closed the balcony so it’s not as big as people think.  The Palace has an excellent mezzanine, every seat is good. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#346TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/3/24 at 7:18am

TBFL said: "I realise it's all be refurbished, but what is the rake like in the Orchestra, where does the Mezzanine overhang from? I can't decide between the two levels."

Mezzanine overhang begins with row J of the orchestra. I personally recommend the mezz. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Broadway Flash
#347TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/3/24 at 12:00pm

First day of rehearsals!

Broadway Flash
#348TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/3/24 at 5:24pm

Elton John has been dealing with a severe eye infection which has left him with only limited vision in one eye.  He says it will take some time before his sight returns, and he’s recuperating at home.  Feel better Elton!!  I’m confident Tom Deering will fill in for him. He’s already credited as doing additional music, as well as orchestrations and arrangements 

two ladies tickets
#349TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 9/3/24 at 5:41pm

I would be interested to see how this plays from the mezzanine or balcony. I saw this in London at the Almedia, which seats 325 people. I know they're upscaling everything for a bigger Broadway house and hopefully that will make a difference for people sitting in those areas. 

Videos