News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 15

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#350The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 12:49pm

Except the title and the tune....... But really Hogan, do you ever get tired of wiping Lin's ass?

Updated On: 12/23/15 at 12:49 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#351The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 12:51pm

Do you ever get tired of having to create new usernames?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#352The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 12:53pm

Right, cause I need to have 2 accounts to insult someone.....THE LULZ.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#353The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 1:01pm

Hamilton22 said: "Except the title and the tune....... But really Hogan, do you ever get tired of wiping Lin's ass?"

First I do nothing of the sort. Second, I was unaware that how  songs "sound" (your word) can be discerned from their titles. Third, there is a similarity in the intro melody but it is certainly not "exactly like" the other song and of course it moves quite quickly into an entirely different melody. Even regarding the opening melody there are more differences than similarities. These are facts, not opinions, and have nothing to do with whatever favorable opinion I happen to have of the genius who wrote the song. What's your deal? 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#354The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 1:06pm

There's no point in arguing with someone who isn't secure enough to admit that maybe just maybe one of the "genius's" songs sounds similar to a band's song. The songs sound similar. That's it.  It's like LMM is your savior or something. Tone down your obsession with Hamilton and especially with LMM.

The show is good but dang dude, you're reaching insane levels of cult fandom.

Updated On: 12/23/15 at 01:06 PM

toofunktastic2
#355The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 1:15pm

The songs don't sound similar at all besides being ballads about a person.  (Nor do the titles for that matter.  It's not like ____ (person name) is something particularly unique).

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#356The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 1:20pm

If you listen to both songs back to back and aren't hearing the similar melodies in them, then I must be freakin Lina Lamont. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#357The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 2:14pm

Hamilton22 said: "There's no point in arguing with someone who isn't secure enough to admit that maybe just maybe one of the "genius's" songs sounds similar to a band's song. The songs sound similar. That's it.  It's like LMM is your savior or something. Tone down your obsession with Hamilton and especially with LMM.

The show is good but dang dude, you're reaching insane levels of cult fandom."

Considering that I have posted negative comments about both isolated song issues and LMM himself (both within the context of my high praise for both), your comments about me are about as off base as those about these 2 songs. What I hear is about 2-3 bars of the intro melody line that are similar but not "exactly like" the other song, after which they follow extremely different paths. You can be Lina Wertmuller if you want but that doesn't make those two songs exactly like each other, which is exactly what you said. You heard the second song and it reminded you of a song from Hamilton. BFD. Talk about insane levels of nonsense. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#358The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 7:55pm

Fun article from the New Yorker about understudies; mentions Jon Rua's recent turn as Hamilton:

The Thrilling Uncertainty of the Understudy

An understudy is not usually cast on the strength of his or her dazzling charisma or vivid originality—that’s the lead’s claim—but for more terrestrial virtues: reliability, versatility, and the capacity to master a lot of lines without having the useful practice of enacting them nightly. That is not to say that understudies are necessarily less gifted than the stars they are called upon to cover for. Jon Rua, who is also a choreographer, could best Lin-Manuel Miranda in a dance off any day of the week. (Witness this video, which Miranda also tweeted.) And Javier Muñoz—who happened to be substituting for Miranda the first time President Obama saw the show, and who was also on stage when Beyoncé and Jay Z were in attendance—has a more mellifluous singing voice than Miranda. Muñoz has been praised for other gifts, too. Ben Brantley, reviewing his performance in the Times, wrote, “Hamilton is sexy on Sundays.”

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/the-thrilling-uncertainty-of-the-understudy

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#359The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/23/15 at 8:11pm

I pre-ordered the new HAMILTON coffee table book that's coming out in April and apparently it came with a free digital copy of Kung Fu Panda... Ummm... #Awesome... #Wow...? Lol. 

The book is on Amazon... Just type in Lin Manuel Miranda in the search.  

saisai
#360The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/24/15 at 5:21pm

Sorry if this was already posted.  Google Playstore has the entire Hamilton cast album for $1.99! 

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#361The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/25/15 at 1:19am

I had my first real world Hamilton fan sighting today.  Exciting!  I was walking into TJ Maxx of all places (I love their dog aisle!) and he was walking out.  He was wearing a "Young scrappy and hungry" tee.  This may happen to New Yorkers a lot, but I'm in CT.  I shouted, "You like Hamilton?!" but alas, he didn't hear me... or he intentionally avoided the crazy middle-aged woman shouting at him.  I thought we were going to have a bonding moment.  Oh well... still exciting. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#362The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 12/25/15 at 5:23am

I live in MA, and I'm constantly running.g into folks that know about HAMILTON. I'm constantly amazed by the long reach of this show - and how many non-theater are aware of it.  

I happen to ask my NON-theater classes about their knowledge of it and more than 1/2 of them had at least heard if it.  I'm guessing the only other current shows they'd have had a similar response to would be Wicked or Lion King -- after years of tours.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#363The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/2/16 at 8:47am

I'd like to use this fans/obsessives thread to take a moment and appreciate the wonderful orchestrations on the Hamilton cast recording that i have been listening to frequently.  The build-up of strings in "The World Turned Upside Down" is particularly thrilling, and I have been loving listening to "Meet Me Inside", with its intensity in both the instrumental and vocal performances. 

Does anyone know what is the instrument used in "Meet Me Inside" that can be heard most clearly when everything else drops out right after Hamilton says "Call me son one more time!" (at time 1:11-1:15 on the track). I do not recall having heard it before and have been wondering what it is.  I'm guessing maybe it's a synthesizer from the electronic sound, but what instrument is it simulating?  Or is it just a synthesizer with lots of extra reverb or other effects?  Or...?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Updated On: 1/2/16 at 08:47 AM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#364The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/2/16 at 10:58am

The sound is obviously intended to have an electronic element but without a synth it would be a double bass.  

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#365The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/2/16 at 11:31pm

Thanks, HogansHero!

HamfourHam
#366The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 3:14pm

Did anyone see Alysha Deslorieux go on as Angelica yesterday? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#367The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 3:21pm

HamfourHam said: "Did anyone see Alysha Deslorieux go on as Angelica yesterday?"

I didn't, but she's a gorgeous Angie!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAFrYJ2GXaU/

HamfourHam
#368The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 3:26pm

She is gorgeous. 

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#369The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 7:04pm

So Alysha does the cover for all three sisters? Amazing! Lin should tape all three roles by her and do a mash up as one-person Schuyler sisters.

HSky
#370The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 8:12pm

I was at yesterday's matinee and thought she was very good as Angelica. Was it her first time on? 

Jace2017
#371The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 8:23pm

Yep, it was her debut as Angelica! I would love to see Betsy Struxness go on as Angelica. I doubt it will happen, I think she is third cover. I'm not sure though. Has anyone seen Andrew Chappelle go on for any of his tracks? He covers Madison/Mulligan, Lafayette/Jefferson, Laurens/Philip, King George, Burr and all the male ensemble members. He must be busy!

HSky
#372The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 9:27pm

Funny you mention that - prior to Act 2, there was a message from the King that Andrew Chappelle would be on for Reynolds and the Doctor.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#373The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 9:42pm

Chappelle is a rock star. Just putting it out there. That man is the definition of a super swing.  Anyway, I've seen him as Laurens/Phillip and on for an ensemble track. He did the Laurens/Phillip track very well.  Despite the fact that he looks really big (he looks really tall!), he maintains a very youthful presence on stage. Chappelle covers the range from playing a child to being a young idealist in a believable way.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#374The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 1/3/16 at 9:48pm

"He must be busy!"

And rolling in dough. Being a super swing is super profitable.

Videos