News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 58

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1425The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/15/16 at 1:11pm

Finally made it back to the show last week to catch the replacements for the first time! Pleased to say that with the exception of one, the principal cast replacements thus far are phenomenal.

Michael Luwoye was on as Hamilton when I went, and boy, oh boy. He is something ELSE. He plays a completely different Hamilton than I've seen both Lin and Javi play, and he is absolutely sensational. His voice is out of this world and his performance was both inspiring and inspired.

Brandon Victor Dixon is also giving a completely new performance than what I've seen, and his Burr is immensely affective. He plays a more incredulous and flabbergasted Burr (as opposed to Leslie's cunning, brooding Burr), which makes the character so much more human and makes Act II that much more devastating. I cannot rave enough about Dixon's performance.

Lexi Lawson is, overall, a fantastic Eliza. Her acting I think still needs more development (mostly in terms of her body movement, which came off as mechanical and robotic at times, though her facial expressions are great), but she has a truly gorgeous voice. She's a younger and more naïve Eliza than Soo's, and she was able to demonstrate incredible character development. Her Act II was near-flawless, in my opinion. 

Seth Stewart is a super endearing Laf/Jef. He's made the role his own, and clearly isn't trying to emulate Daveed, which I very much appreciated. He nailed the comedy and the physicality of the role, even if his presence is (obviously) worlds different than Daveed's!

Raves, as always, for Chris Jackson, whose "One Last Time" has never failed to make me bawl. Ramos and Jasmine are still at the top of their game. Chappelle was on for Oak, and I found his Madison to be far better than his Mulligan, which wasn't bad either way.

And that, sadly, brings me to my sole critique. I was very disappointed by Mandy Gonzalez's Angelica. I'm still struggling to identify what it is that left me so upset, but her performance didn't have an ounce of the power that Renée's did. "Satisfied" wasn't a showstopper; it was kind of just another song. The opening of "Quiet Uptown" wasn't devastating; it was Mandy stepping out to start singing. I kept wanting to give Mandy the credit of having an off day or something, but every time, I was just heartbroken by how miscast she seemed. Really difficult for me to have to articulate this, but it's my honest opinion.

Anyway, I'm happy to say the show is in extremely good hands as the cast continues to transition out of the OGs. The star is, as always will be, the show itself.

petewk87
#1426The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/16/16 at 4:12pm

So, on Sunday Nov 6th, there will be two shows (1pm and a benefit concert in the evening) -- does anyone happen to know which show Javi will be in? I'm excited to see both Michael and Javi -- just curious!

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#1427The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/17/16 at 3:39pm

I'm really surprised that some felt doing ham4ham was being taken advantage of... I thought it was great exposure for the more unknown cast members. The videos are seen by many people and could lead to other jobs. Wow, I'm going to start taking vitamins so I am alive for the future tell all book bc this is going to be good. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1428The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/17/16 at 3:44pm

I thought it was great exposure for the more unknown cast members. 

You can die of exposure.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 10/17/16 at 03:44 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1429The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/17/16 at 3:48pm

Hellob said: "Wow, I'm going to start taking vitamins so I am alive for the future tell all book bc this is going to be good. "

...what are you talking about

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#1430The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/18/16 at 12:40am

gypsy101 said: "Hellob said: "Wow, I'm going to start taking vitamins so I am alive for the future tell all book bc this is going to be good. "

...what are you talking about

"

The Bloomberg article. I'm behind on the haps

aaaaaa15
#1431The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/16 at 7:42pm

Copied off Reddit for those interested in the London production:

Priority members can buy tickets from January 16th. General sale January 30th.

Daily + weekly £20 lotteries will happen.

1/3 of tickets will be £55 or less, 20% will be £35 or less. Regular top price £85 then premiums (should be between £100 and £200).

Previews have now been moved to November 2017 and press night will be December 2017.

Lin still hopes to perform shows in London in 2018.

Priority sign-up closes October 31st on hamiltonthemusical.co.uk.

All sourced from entertainment journalist @BazBam on Twitter.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1432The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/20/16 at 10:03pm

If anyone wants a link:

https://twitter.com/BazBam/status/789245493134159872

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dotseurat2
#1433The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/22/16 at 10:25am

Anyone happen to know how Chris Jackson's attendance is these days? I know he's in a TV series now. Hoping to see him.before he ends his run. Is he mostly out during the week? Thanks!

RA3
#1434The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/25/16 at 12:39am

Does anyone have the link for the Hamilton B-roll that was around awhile ago?  I have a friend who is a brand new Hamilton obsessed fan who doesn't have a chance to see the show live so I'd love to show her the best clips.  PM if necessary but thanks in advance!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1435The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/25/16 at 1:21am

most of them were in that documentary, maybe your friend would enjoy that!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#1436The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/16 at 11:57am

Not too difficult - but still a fun quiz from the Chicago Tribune, although the headline is regrettable.

Hamilton quiz for "musical theatre geeks"

neonlightsxo
#1437The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/16 at 4:23pm

Looks like they finally updated the website again

http://www.hamiltonbroadway.com/cast.php

So Tanairi Sade Vazquez is in Sasha's track, Nik Walker is in Austin's? Is Roddy officially in Sydney's now? Updated On: 10/26/16 at 04:23 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1438The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/16 at 5:57pm

I think you're correct... so the change over in the ensemble since the beginning is:

Ariana DeBose -> Sasha Hollinger

Sydney Harcourt -> Roddy Kennedy

Sasha Hutchings -> Tanairi Sade Vazquez

Emmy Raver-Lampman -> Elizabeth Judd

Jon Rua -> Neil Haskell

Austin Smith -> Nik Walker

Seth Stewart - > Zelig Williams

Betsy Struxness -> Hope Easterbrook

Ephraim Sykes -> Gerald Avery

(Fixed the Sashas. :))

Updated On: 10/27/16 at 05:57 PM

neonlightsxo
#1439The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/26/16 at 6:19pm

Sasha Hutchings but yeah seems right. Go team!

Updated On: 10/26/16 at 06:19 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1440The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/16 at 9:31am

So strange to see new faces.  I wonder if Sydney's absence is temporary re the workshop he's doing at the moment.  He didn't post anything about leaving Hamilton.  Has Gerald Avery extended his stay?  I thought he was in through the end of this month.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Ahmy
#1441The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/16 at 10:40am

DottieD'Luscia said: "So strange to see new faces.  I wonder if Sydney's absence is temporary re the workshop he's doing at the moment.  He didn't post anything about leaving Hamilton.  Has Gerald Avery extended his stay?  I thought he was in through the end of this month.

"
Gerald should be there until Hairspray live is finished, I think.

Catalinstelian
#1442The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/16 at 12:55pm

An opportunity of a lifetime for HAMILTON fans!  

Don't miss your chance to enjoy two fantastic orchestra aisle seats to the sold-out performance of HAMILTON on NOVEMBER 6TH at 1 pm (Center Orchestra Row M 101-102)

Following the performance you and your guest can learn the behind-the-scenes history of this legendary musicals as you dine with HAMILTON's Tony Award-winning director, THOMAS KAIL, at the renowned theatre hot spot Etcetera Etcetera. It's an unforgettable experience of America's Musical!

Auction Closes November 4th, 4pm

https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/item.action?id=268847503

neonlightsxo
#1443The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/27/16 at 3:12pm

I didn't think Sydney or Ephraim were planning on coming back. Could be wrong, though.

schubox
#1444The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/29/16 at 6:28pm

Saw it for the third time last night, first time with the new people. 

BVD was fantastic. I felt like Leslie brought more emotion to the role, but I loved BVD's portrayal. He was more playful and charismatic. And his voice is amazing, that last note on The Room Where it Happened, wow. I probably prefer Leslie but it's close. Although the duel was much better with Leslie. And Non-Stop too.

I don't know what was going on with Mandy Gonzalez but she was behind in every song all night. I don't know if it was intentional or what but it was really distracting. 

Lexi was fine. My gf said she preferred her over Soo, I disagreed, but she was great.

Javier really didn't do it for me. I've been so looking forward to seeing him, and his voice is fantastic. And he does the cocky parts great, but Lin was so much more frantic. He sold that Hamilton is a guy that is doing all he can with the time he has. And the deaths hit so much harder with Lin. I felt them much more. I don't think I even welled up last night. 

And Seth Stewart pales in to comparison to Daveed. His Lafayette was better than I was expecting after what I'd read. And he was fine as Jefferson, I liked his cockiness, he just doesn't have the charisma that Daveed does. 

Updated On: 10/29/16 at 06:28 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#1445The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/29/16 at 6:43pm

schubox said: "I don't know what was going on with Mandy Gonzalez but she was behind in every song all night. I don't know if it was intentional or what but it was really distracting."

I had the same experience with Mandy when I revisited the show earlier this month. Her performance really disappointed me.

mahnuma
#1446The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/30/16 at 6:53am

It's my birthday, and I'm seeing Hamilton for the first time today (in Chicago)!!!!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1447The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/5/16 at 12:22am

Seems like Thayne made his King George debut tonight (last night?).

https://instagram.com/p/BMZ-eVpDvtg/

BroadwayConcierge
#1448The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/5/16 at 2:10am

And Syndee Winters made her Eliza debut tonight!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMaPopfBkBr/

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#1449The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 11/5/16 at 8:56am

BroadwayConcierge said: "And Syndee Winters made her Eliza debut tonight!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMaPopfBkBr/
"

I won the lotto last night and saw her! She was fab! :) 

Videos