News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 56

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Capitalgal
#1375The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:02pm

Possibly someone with SS detail. Have Biden, Clinton and Trump seen it already (even if so, not at the same time, I'd guess)? Is the United Nations meeting over?  

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1376The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:09pm

No, not yet.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/71/meetings/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

aaaaaa15
#1377The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:16pm

Biden and Clinton have both seen it. Trump hasn't and I'd be surprised if he did.

Mediamaven2
#1378The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:51pm

ethan231h said: "Just got an email from nederlander... says guests attending the performance tomorrow night (I am) needs to be at the theatre by 6:30 for "airport like" security. Is this regular or does anybody think someone famous is coming...I mean I really doubt they do this for all celebrities but maybe politicians

If I was betting, Id say it's Netanyahu, PM of Israel.  He grew up in the U.S. I think. May have real interest!

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/21/benjamin-netanyahu-needs-20-special-agents-to-go-to-the-bathroom/

"

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1379The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 9:59pm

Mediamaven2 said: "ethan231h said: "Just got an email from nederlander... says guests attending the performance tomorrow night (I am) needs to be at the theatre by 6:30 for "airport like" security. Is this regular or does anybody think someone famous is coming...I mean I really doubt they do this for all celebrities but maybe politicians

If I was betting, Id say it's Netanyahu, PM of Israel.  He grew up in the U.S. I think. May have real interest!

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/21/benjamin-netanyahu-needs-20-special-agents-to-go-to-the-bathroom/

"

"

I was thinking this!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1380The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 11:09pm

when i met Hillary at An American in Paris last year there wasn't any special security. don't they only do that with the actual president?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CandiceElyseM
#1381The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/23/16 at 11:45pm

Mediamaven2 said: "ethan231h said: "Just got an email from nederlander... says guests attending the performance tomorrow night (I am) needs to be at the theatre by 6:30 for "airport like" security. Is this regular or does anybody think someone famous is coming...I mean I really doubt they do this for all celebrities but maybe politicians

"

FWIW, I live in the DC area and was visiting GW's Mount Vernon when Netanyahu came there for a visit and there was an insane amount of security detail, both US and Israeli, so may very well be him. We were there on memorial day, i was SURE it was going to be the POTUS or VP with all the US secret service running around, we were surprised it ended up being him. But it was a pleasant surprise, he was SUPER friendly to everyone, interacting with all the other tourists and guests and really seemed to enjoy himself learning about Washington. I am seeing Hamilton in 3ish weeks, too bad, it would have been a cool coincidence if we had crossed paths again learning more about the founding fathers! 

nyskier
#1382The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/24/16 at 5:32pm

Saw the matinee today. Great show!  Will post more details tonight or tomorrow for sure. Any idea who is going tonight?  When we were leaving the secret service and K9 team were swooping in...

senatorbrown
#1383The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/25/16 at 6:42pm

It was Netanyahu as people above predicted. I was there Friday while the SS were scouting out the Richard Rodgers. 

nyskier
#1384The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/25/16 at 7:58pm

I took my sons to the matinee yesterday -- my fourth time seeing the show and my boys first.  They had listened to the soundtrack many times and both enjoyed the show after much anticipation.  Our seats were Row E of the front mezzanine all the way to the side, and the view was excellent and perhaps just a tad of the upper level in the corner was cut off.  But we missed none of the action.

Javier - this is my second time seeing the show with Javier, and he was excellent as he was the first time.  His voice is great, and I think his Hamilton is consistent with what we saw last time.  Definitely glad to see him again!

Lexi - Beautiful voice, and I felt that the performance was a bit flat.  I thought Phillipa's character was more developed than Lexi's.  Phillipa did that scream after Phillip died which was very emotionally compelling, and Lexi seemed just to let out a gasp -- that moment just didn't feel as "real" as it did with Phillipa's performance.

BVD - Finally a fitting replacement for Leslie.  He really had the presence that the part needs, and did a great job bringing out the character.  And vocally he was fantastic.

Mandy - I liked her voice, but her performance to me wasn't as strong as Renee's was.  Renee brought a certain sassiness to Angelica that Many's performance didn't have in my view -- at least not yet -- but I think vocally she was excellent and she can hopefully add that extra something that Renee had as she grows in the role.  I still preferred her Angelica to over Lexi's Eliza.

Chris - So glad I got to see Chris again in this role.  He is just phenomenal.  And he got huge applause from the audience on his entrance at in the first number and in Right Hand Man.

Seth - This was my second time seeing him as Lafayette/Jerfferson.  I loved his Jefferson.  His Lafayette was solid, but I really prefer Daveed much more as Lafayette.

Oak - Solid and impressive as always.

Sydnee Winters as Peggy/Maria) -- I really liked her Maria and think she did a great job.  No real drop off from Jasmine in my view.

Rory - He did a great job.  I've seen Groff, Rannells, and Rory -- prefer Rannells the most, but all three do a great job and bring their own energy to the role.

Overall, so glad I could share this with my boys, and looking forward to seeing other new cast members take on new roles in future performances!

broadwayboy223
#1385The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/25/16 at 11:29pm

Anyone know when the next block of tickets go one sale? I've entered the lottery every day I can and I haven't won yet. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#1386The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 12:25am

The last batch went up last December, so maybe they'll do the same this year.  The $850/orchestra seat for next year is absurd.  I've done lottery every performing day w/o success.  I understand they sell the lottery winner's tickets if they don't buy them by 5pm.  

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#1387The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 12:27am

Anyone see Spamilton? They've extended the run.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1388The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 1:23am

you've seen it ten times i'm sure you'll be fine

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

#1389The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 1:43am

I'm thinking of going to NY in March and was looking at the schedule of performances for Hamilton.  Anyone know why there are no performances from March 12-14?  And why there is no matinee on Wednesday, March 15?

Castle2
#1390The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 3:07am

broadwayboy223 said: "Anyone know when the next block of tickets go one sale? I've entered the lottery every day I can and I haven't won yet. "

Next batch go on sale this morning at 10:00 am

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/0j4uvj?brand=axp&camefrom=CFC_EOS_AMEX_HAM_HAMFB

Castle2
#1391The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 4:56am

I was just looking through the last batch of dates that went on sale (Feb 1 - May 21, 2017). A bunch of the dates have "Mid-premium" seats, side orchestra, for $449/ticket available.  Were these available when the tickets first went on sale? Or did the prices drop?  I only remember there being the premium for $849, and then the $199 and $149 seats.  

In the shows that are opening up in a few hours (May 23 - Aug 13, 2017), the "price range" link says $179 - $199.  So does that mean the premium seats won't be for sale?

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#1392The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 4:39pm

This might be a strange question, but I haven't seen this show before nor have I watched any videos of it.

I saw this old ebay listing and was curious about something..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Prop-Reynolds-Pamphlet-Signed-Broadway-Extremely-Rare-/391540281243

The seller mentioned that the prop landed in their lap during the show.  Are pamphlets thrown into the audience during show or was this likely just a fluke occurrence (if the story is to be believed)?

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1393The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 4:42pm

MyMeredithMonster said: "This might be a strange question, but I haven't seen this show before nor have I watched any videos of it.

I saw this old ebay listing and was curious about something..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Prop-Reynolds-Pamphlet-Signed-Broadway-Extremely-Rare-/391540281243

The seller mentioned that the prop landed in their lap during the show.  Are pamphlets thrown into the audience during show or was this likely just a fluke occurrence (if the story is to be believed)?
"

If they sat in the front row or so, it could have landed on their lap as the cast does kinda toss them around. Most do land on the stage but I wouldn't be surprise if one went into the audience.

MyMeredithMonster
#1394The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 4:44pm

sorano916 said: "

If they sat in the front row or so, it could have landed on their lap as the cast does kinda toss them around. Most do land on the stage but I wouldn't be surprise if one went into the audience.

"

Thanks Sorano!  That makes sense.

northlandfan
#1395The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 4:51pm

If I were you I would not buy it because I was at the Broadway cares flea market yesterday and they were selling them for two for $10. And they had pails full of them and the four actors that signed it we're at the table yesterday and signed items for free therefore I hope this information helps you!

definitely not rare!! And chances are that's how he got it.........

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#1396The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 5:13pm

northlandfan said: "If I were you I would not buy it because I was at the Broadway cares flea market yesterday and they were selling them for two for $10. And they had pails full of them and the four actors that signed it we're at the table yesterday and signed items for free therefore I hope this information helps you!

definitely not rare!! And chances are that's how he got it.........
"

Actually, it's an old auction. It ended on September 1st so he couldn't have gotten it from the Flea Market. And the last time they were collecting for BCEFA and had the pamplets for sell, Lin was still in the show and they were only signed by Lin, Jasmine, and Sydney.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#1397The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/26/16 at 5:41pm

I sat in the front row the first time I saw Hamilton and one of those pamphlets did fly into my lap. I have it with my playbill as a keepsake but I doubt it will ever be worth anything. :) 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1398The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/27/16 at 9:27am

I also had one land in my lap in the front row. It is with my Playbill as well as several rose petals. Neither are worth anything but most excitement my lap has seen in eons. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

MyMeredithMonster
#1399The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 9/27/16 at 10:16am

Thanks everyone for the info.  I shall liken these to the "word slips" and candies that I got when seeing Spelling Bee.  Fun trinkets that one might be lucky enough to happen into if in the right seat at the right time. 

Videos