pixeltracker

A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#1A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 12:13pm

Last night they mentioned that Mario Lopez and the Broadway cast of A CHORUS LINE would be performing tonight.
Anyone know anything about this?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#2re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 12:16pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=27507

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 12:18pm

Mario Lopez and the cast of the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning musical A CHORUS LINE perform a medley of the musical's opening audition sequence and "One" on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" 100th episode, on Tuesday, May 6th at 9pm EST.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 12:29pm

Brilliant.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#4re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 12:52pm

Awesommmmmme! I can't wait re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
I just saw the cast with Mario on "Extra"... very cool!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 4:58pm

Looking foward to seeing this tonight!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#6re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 5:02pm

Do any of you know if it is gonna be on the 8PM hour or 9PM?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 5:05pm

9pm EST is the 'live' Results show, which is where the 100th Episode celebration is happening.

At 8pm EST, its a Judges Favorite Past Dances Special.

Quite sad that I know all this, right Wanna Be A Foster? re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 6:27pm

They're flying on Jet Blue? I thought that was Legally Blonde's airline.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#9re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 6:39pm

yeah legally blondes airline is jetblue, but i guess they can take it since jason patrick sands was orginal ensemble member in the show. forgot mario...i am looking forward to seeing jason. i feel mario just got casted because of dwts and he needs a carreer boost and plus the rest of the cast busted their asses to get to where they are. i hope dwts switches from la to nyc so we can all go. i am praying the three billys perform electricity on the next season of the show if they have one. its advertisement for acl broadway plus the tour and also for broadway spotlight.
in the photos it didnt like jps looked happy about mario in the cast.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#10re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:12pm

They just showed the cast waving from backstage.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#11re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:19pm

Looks like it's up next!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#12re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:31pm

No Charlotte D'Amboise or Kevin Worley.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#13re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:33pm

I can't believe Mario is falling behind in the choreography in I hope I get it. Of course the rest of the cast nailed it as they all have been doing for quite some time before Mario came aboard. But, it saddens me that he can't do the entire thing with the rest of the cast.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#14re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:34pm

I really enjoyed watching the cast of "A Chorus Line" on DWTS. It was fun watching everyone strutting their stuff and giving a great perf. I must admit that I couldn't take my eyes away from Nick Adams. Mario Lopez is o.k. looking, but Nick had the edge in that dept., not to mention dancing ability. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 5/6/08 at 09:34 PM

MyLife
#15re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:36pm

Or Natalie Cortez, Dottie

Did they film this yesterday? It makes sense because it didn't seem live. Tom didn't come over to talk to Mario or the rest of the cast, like hosts normally do on when casts appear on TV.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#16re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:37pm

Nick was AMAZING!!!!!!! I couldn't take my eyes off him! And everyone else was great too!(except Mario)

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

CurtainPullDowner
#17re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:38pm

Could Nick Adams' arms get any bigger?

Except for his his extention, Mario did a lot better than I thought he would.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#18re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:40pm

Mario Lopez looked rather awkward and uncomfortable.
And why didn't they wear the golden costume? I think that's more suitable.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#19re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:43pm

My Life, I believe they taped this a couple of weeks ago.

You're right about Natalie.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#20re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

I think they filmed this a week or two ago. I noticed 4 people were understudies. Michelle Aravena for Diana. Lyndy for Kristine. Mike Cannon for Al. Jessica Lea Patty for Cassie.

chino Profile Photo
chino
#21re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

is it really supposed to be this slow? Why do I think that its slow...

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#22re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:53pm

No Katherine, either.

That... wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mario wasn't horrible, but he needs to step it up. He looks awkward and he needs to work on the choreography some more. And what was with the weird count off? I'm probably the only one but he sounded kind of strange.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#23re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:53pm

I am very surprised that Marissa has just made it to the quarter finals. I'm not saying that she's not doing well in the competition dancing wise, but she doesn't have a huge fan base compared to Kristi or Mario (well, at least when the show began).

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

CurtainPullDowner
#24re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:56pm

I'm pretty sure it was live, but I could be wrong.

Videos