News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Liza to get WICKED...

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#0Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 6:55pm

well damn it it's happened i have actually started a wicked thread...something i was scared as sh*t to do but well i am giving it a shot.

it was rumored for a while and now apparently her fan club has been notified by her pub. that she will step into the role of Morrible this spring.

i have to say, that if this is in fact the truth, hopefully she can bring the role new life after Rue nearly killed it.

Please don't shoot the messenger as I aqquired this info. from another Forum....

Link below

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message-50781-1128966171-Liza+Minelli+going+into+Wicked

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#1re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:00pm

If this is true.. and even if it is a boring role... I will have to go see this damm show again.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
#2re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:00pm

Hmmm...seems like kind of a waste of her, actually. Still, if it's true, I gotta say it's pretty cool.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#3re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:02pm

Whoa..I hope this is legit, she needs to make a return! Would she and Ben be in at the same time?

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#4re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:02pm

Yeah. it seems like a waste of her talent. I actually thought that "42 street" missed a great opportunity to have her do Dorothy Brock towards the end of their run.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#5re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:03pm

WOW. I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER IN THIS ROLE!

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#6re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:03pm

Oh my god, thats so cool!! I am so excited!!!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#7re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:10pm

If this is true it would be the only reason I'd hope Stephanie take over when Shoshana is done...

Now THAT would be cool!

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#8re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:11pm

o my G-D

I sure hope this is true

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#9re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:35pm

I just about had a heart attack. I hope it's true!!!!!

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#10re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:38pm

Totally, Popular. Totally.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#11re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:40pm

I am not sure what I think of that. (I am excited to find out who will be in the roles in Feb, since my wonderful best friend got us tickets for my birthday.) I think that role is pretty small for her. Of course, Joel did play the Wizard. Guess we'll see. I would love to be able to say I had seen her though!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#12re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:43pm

That's hilarious. I'm still hoping for a show where Liza plays Elphaba and Lorna plays Glinda. Of course they're too old to play school girls, but think of the camp value!

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

#13re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:44pm

"Whatever Happenned to Baby Glinda"

JerseyGirl2
#14re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:52pm

Hell, if Lorna could play a high school kid in Grease 2, I see no reason she couldn't play college age now.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#15re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:56pm

liza is actually a great choice for this, they seem to gravitate towards women who speak rather uniquely, and she definately does (although i'd love love love to see a man play morrible at some point)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#16re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:56pm

Well IF this is true it could get my butt back at the Gershwin.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

JerseyGirl2
#17re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:06pm

I'll write at onche to the wizchahd, tell him of you in advanche!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#18re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:07pm

if this is true, i will definitely pay full price to see it again...and we thought the lottery was crowded now!

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#19re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:12pm

am I the only one who is annoyed by Liza???...

rather see Mullaly in the role someday...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Dollypop
#20re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:15pm

Is WICKED a good show?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#21re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:27pm

I'd love to see her tackle this... but it might turn into the Madame Morrible Show.

Oh, hell, there's PLENTY of scenery in the Gershwin for her to chew on.

And the idea of Ben & Liza on stage together? Pure Fosse heaven.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

JerseyGirl2
#22re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:28pm

THE BEST EVER!!!! OMG!!!!!! IT'S DA ONLY SHOW I HAVE SEEN THO!

PJ
#23re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 8:46pm

Liza wouldn't be performing with Ben if this is infact true. Ben's final performance is January 8th.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24re: Liza to get WICKED...
Posted: 10/18/05 at 9:08pm

I had this REALLY strange feeling Liza would be returing soon, I just felt it coming.

But I MUCH rather have her as Roxie or Mama in Chicago.

Videos