News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews- Page 11

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews

djoko84
#250NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:58am

Thanks so much for the info!

Emmaloucbway
#251NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:30am

Are there a lot of rewrites compared to the Off-Broadway cast recording? I know there's a new song added, but is there anything else major like that or just minor changes? 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#252NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:47am

I saw GC last week and sat in the 5th row orchestra and did miss some action. We are going again and got stage seating, (we decided on stage after seeing it and reading all the comments). It is however, as Queen A said, no matter where you are you may miss some of the staging.

If you're lucky you'll get a pierogi and an egg shaker (just use it only at the appropriate time). I did miss grabbing a vodka shot glass that are scattered around before the show starts, to toast will during the party scene.

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?
Updated On: 11/2/16 at 09:47 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#253NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:48am

I'm sitting in row L next weekend....I'll report back.  while it's true I won't see everything...I think the real question is: will I FEEL as though I've missed much?    

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#254NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:58am

Steve C. said: "If you're lucky you'll get a pierogi and an egg shaker (just use it only at the appropriate time)."

It's only a dumpling now. Unless some people do get pierogies?! Our whole section was given pre-show dumplings.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#255NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 10:01am

Hi DM  you'll miss a few thing but you will be close to all the orchestra action. After seeing it we think that the on stage left or right banquettes offer the best overall views. We did not see any balcony staging and someone (can't remember, sorry) said at times the balcony action is quite impressive too. But I think you will still enjoy this entire experience. 

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#256NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 10:34am

"I did miss grabbing a vodka shot glass that are scattered around before the show starts, to toast will during the party scene."

Uh, those are actually props for the actors to use, not for the audience to grab! :) So it's good you didn't!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#257NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:16am

Just to be clear - there is no balcony at the Imperial. Only a Mezz. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

HSky
#258NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:21am

In rear orchestra, you'll have a lot of entrances/exits from the rear of the house. There would be "where is that voice coming from?" moments, though, mostly for ensemble but I'm not sure how much of the performers on side staircases you'd see. The main characters mostly use the mezz level to cross from one side to the other and keep moving but there's at least one moment when Pierre bursts on the scene dead center in the front of the mezzanine, and he searches the club on that level. 

willep
#259NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:42am

Once or twice a character will go up and deliver a single line from the front mezz. The best part of the mezz action is the chorus during Dust and Ashes, but you get some of them in the orchestra as well. The view of them up there from the stage was quite beautiful though.

In terms of rewrites, there are lots of minor changes and the new song. The biggest rewrite of an existing song is The Private and Intimate Life of a House, which is very different, and I believe that rewrite happened between ART and Broadway.

HSky
#260NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:19pm

Alas, they didn't fit my budget for a last minute matinee pick today , but I was just at the box office and they had a few $79 onstage seats left for today's matinee.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#261NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:26pm

Thanks for the corrections kids! I'm glad I didn't take the shot glass (but I think someone closer to it did).

And now, some Saturday nights are up to $400 orchestra. (Thank you "Hamilton", (Please don't hate on me Hamiltonians) 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#262NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:36pm

willep said: "Once or twice a character will go up and deliver a single line from the front mezz. The best part of the mezz action is the chorus during Dust and Ashes, but you get some of them in the orchestra as well. The view of them up there from the stage was quite beautiful though.

In terms of rewrites, there are lots of minor changes and the new song. The biggest rewrite of an existing song is The Private and Intimate Life of a House, which is very different, and I believe that rewrite happened between ART and Broadway.
"

Interesting! At ART, the song was the same (or very similar) to what is on the recording.

The other most noticeable change at ART was for the "Sunday Morning" transition, I think- where it's now about "the candle in the mirror."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

neonlightsxo
#263NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:47pm

Does anybody have a link to the ART discussion thread? I just searched and couldn't find it.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#264NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:49pm

haterobics said: "Steve C. said: "If you're lucky you'll get a pierogi and an egg shaker (just use it only at the appropriate time)."

It's only a dumpling now. Unless some people do get pierogies?! Our whole section was given pre-show dumplings.
"

I got a dumpling. I actually prefer the dumpling to the pierogi. One thing I definitely don't miss from Kazino... those beet shots. Heh. I don't know I knew of anyone who liked them.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#265NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:11pm

neonlightsxo said: "Does anybody have a link to the ART discussion thread? I just searched and couldn't find it."

Great Comet of 1812 at ART

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

neonlightsxo
#266NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:17pm

Thank you!

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#267NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:27pm

I went last night, after adoring this show the two times I saw it in the tent in the theatre district. It's still a thrilling experience all around, and I can't wait to return.

Also, "Natasha Lost" wasn't in last night's performance, although it's still listed in the playbill. Not sure if it will find its way back in or if this is a permanent cut, but thought people here might be interested to know.

neonlightsxo
#268NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:29pm

Oh man, really? That's disappointing. It was definitely in the show the first week when I saw it.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#269NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:33pm

It's great to get these opinions and knowledge about the show. Did you see it at Imperial yet Kad? I'd like your thoughts if you have a sec. PM if needed Thanks, I'm still excited about sitting up on the stage this 2nd time.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#270NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:37pm

I've not yet seen it at the Imperial, no. I probably won't for a another month or so at least.

willep
#271NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:44pm

Natasha Lost is gone?! That's an interesting change...I quite liked that moment, and it was definitely there the first week of previews.

canadian fan
#272NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:45pm

Does anyone have any idea when tickets for May shows will go on sale?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#273NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:51pm

"Natasha Lost" was in the show on Sunday. I do feel like that section of the show drags a little bit and should be trimmed slightly but I'm surprised they cut the entire song. I think I would have elected to trim a bit of the middle of the Natasha and Anatole segment.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

neonlightsxo
#274NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
Posted: 11/2/16 at 2:11pm

Yeah, if they're looking to trim, there are other places...

Videos