pixeltracker

Great Comet Seating Thread- Page 11

Great Comet Seating Thread

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#250Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:27pm

A better question; do you have to sit on aisle seats to get things (I really want a letter!)? Or would people in the middle get things too?

Mediamaven2
#251Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/27/17 at 7:09pm

Ahhh had to search this thread out, wanted to post. I saw this fabulous show months ago from orchestra K 8 or K10 - and having loved it so, combined with reading this thread, thought I needed to go back and experience it from a banquette seat. Thank you all who suggested doing so and gave tips re aisle seating etc.

I saw it from the aisle/banquette seat and not only was it more amazing because there is a fuller view of the action and the actors are so close - but also the LIGHTING!!! The lighting in this show, the art direction, the entire theater is so beautiful, and it can be appreciated from the stage in a way I could not appreciate from under the mezzanine in the orchestra.

Also the costumes! So fabulous. I loved seeing everyone's shoes and leggings let alone pants and dresses up close. This show must win an award in several categories ie all of the above mentioned. At least.

I am next hoping to check it out with Dave Malloy in for Josh from the mezzanine....

Thanks all who gave considered guidance. I had wondered: why so many posts all about this - I listened, and now i get it!!!!!   ;o)

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#252Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/27/17 at 9:13pm

whizzer_wins said: "A better question; do you have to sit on aisle seats to get things (I really want a letter!)? Or would people in the middle get things too?"

I highly recommend the banquette seats on stage. And the letters are passed down the aisle, so you don't necessarily have to be seated on an aisle to receive a letter. But you do have to be in a row that the letter is passed down. I didn't receive a letter, but really didn't care. I got a pierogi and shaker both times I saw the show - the first time from Row G in the orchestra and the second time from the banquette seats on stage. Seeing the show from the banquette seats was an entirely different, and in my opinion, much more enjoyable experience. Honestly, it was almost like seeing the show for the first time. And from the banquette seats you get to see everything that's going on in the orchestra as well and the front and rear mezzanine.Their great seats! You won't regret it.

rwthib
#253Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/28/17 at 12:09pm

Where is best to see dancing?

Wife just saw the Today show performance of balaga and was wowed by the dancing.

Daughter is a studying theatre so thought on stage would be a treat. (Taking a trip to NY for some shows as a treat for both)

Neither is Groban fans, so not going for him, going for show.

Wondering if the table seats are too close to appreciate the dancing?

Trying to decide between TR or Front Mezzanine C1 or Front Mezzanine A8

Not worried about price for this, so looking for best experience for them.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#254Where To Sit?
Posted: 4/28/17 at 12:16pm

rwthib said: "Where is best to see dancing?

Wife just saw the Today show performance of balaga and was wowed by the dancing.

Daughter is a studying theatre so thought on stage would be a treat. (Taking a trip to NY for some shows as a treat for both)

Neither is Groban fans, so not going for him, going for show.

Wondering if the table seats are too close to appreciate the dancing?

Trying to decide between TR or Front Mezzanine C1 or Front Mezzanine A8

Not worried about price for this, so looking for best experience for them.

"

I would suggest the table seat. The first time I went I sat in one of the ones center stage and the "Balaga" number essentially happened around us, and I remember it quite vividly being a highlight of the show (also, Paul Pinto who plays Balaga was up in our face for a good sum of the song)! Plus, the table seats in general have been my favorite way to view the show. The front mezz is a close second, though! The only place I wouldn't really suggest is the back orchestra if you're there for the dancing. 

AlwaysDefyingGravity
#255Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/4/17 at 9:40am

Hi everyone - I am coming up May 20 to see Comet for the 2nd time. Last time I sat in the stage right banquettes. This time I went for table tn seat 3. I feel like it'll be a different experience and a good one but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's a good chance of getting a letter there?

Thanks! 

HSky
#256Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/4/17 at 2:22pm

After being in several banquette locations plus front and rear mezz with no letters, I finally sat at table TO a few weeks ago and got the piroshki, egg shaker, War and Peace pages, and a letter.

whizzer_wins
#257Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/4/17 at 8:30pm

I am looking at row BB of the right banquettes, seat 17. 

It's an aisle seat, can anyone confirm if this is the seat where Anatole gives someone a letter and/or sits down during the Russian custom bit?

BroadwayBrat
#258Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/4/17 at 9:08pm

I sat on the banqet BA seat 10.   I thought it was a near-perfect seat.  I could see everything and only had to turn around a few times.   Lots of interactions with the cast, especially when they sat on the steps next to me.    

I got a shaker and letter!!!

Rainah
#259Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 10:17am

whizzer_wins the bootleg seems to confirm that is indeed the spot for sitting down! As for letters, it seems to also matter if you're making eye contact/looking eager.

My question:

I am eyeing the BC 21/23 (aisle) seats everyone else is talking about but... what is the view of Pierre's Salon where he hangs out for most of the show? Is it blocked by the people sitting on the stage? My partner is very excited to see Oak as Pierre, and doesn't want the seats if she can't see him.

Otherwise... word on BB/BA's view of the mezz? They look like better sight lines for Pierre but I am worried about missing what goes on in the mezz for the opera sequence. She loves the opera sequence. 

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#260Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 11:58am

I have to say I sat at Table N a Tuesday night, and must say it is probably the Best Table in terms of space and interaction.

The table is slightly left of center stage in its own sectioned off triangle in front another table that is directly in front of the stage left Banquettes. Unlike the rest of the tables Table N is not crammed in with other tables nor requires the chairs to be turned for optimal viewing. The only thing we didn't get were letters, but were weirdly given an entire basket of eggs for only 3 people, despite the fact we couldn't pass it to any other section. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#261Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 12:03pm

bdn223 said: "I have to say I sat at Table N a Tuesday night, and must say it is probably the Best Table in terms of space and interaction.

The table is slightly left of center stage in its own sectioned off triangle in front another table that is directly in front of the stage left Banquettes. Unlike the rest of the tables Table N is not crammed in with other tables nor requires the chairs to be turned for optimal viewing. The only thing we didn't get were letters, but were weirdly given an entire basket of eggs for only 3 people, despite the fact we couldn't pass it to any other section. 
"

I've eyed this table before, and am sitting there tomorrow afternoon! Where To Sit?

10086Sundays
#262Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 12:39pm

Rainah said: 
I am eyeing the BC 21/23 (aisle) seats everyone else is talking about but... what is the view of Pierre's Salon where he hangs out for most of the show? Is it blocked by the people sitting on the stage? My partner is very excited to see Oak as Pierre, and doesn't want the seats if she can't see him."

I sat in BC 23 and you can see Pierre's Salon, but the musicians and conductor as well as actors can sometimes block the view of him.  Though for the most part when he's actually singing he'll be up out of the salon.  I would actually not recommend those seats, because he will have his back to you for much of "Dust and Ashes."  They are great otherwise.

Rainah
#263Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 4:14pm

We are 100% wanting banquettes, and from my previous experience in them (BF 24) I did not find there to be too much of the actors backs, they do a lot of cheating out to all the sections. So we're less worried about his back, and more worried about just the view while he's sitting at his piano. We do want to see the whole show though, and Denee and Lucas are equal draws to Oak; it's just that Pierre walks around so much less it seems!

Can anyone speak to the lower banquettes (BA and BB) and their views of the mezz? particularly if you can see the opera sequences and if you can see all the stuff that goes on upstage (The door that opens, the walkway halfway down that a lot of action happens on, ect)

Updated On: 5/5/17 at 04:14 PM

eugenia2
#264Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/5/17 at 11:16pm

BA - I loved. Clear view. Incredible interaction.  I was told the 4 seats closest to the wall are house seats and did grab one twice close to the show date.  You may miss Princess Mary on the steps, but she comes right down and into view. Also received a letter, but that is hit or miss. no egg.Where To Sit?

Where To Sit?

TN - seat 3 did receive a letter the night I sat there.  You do get an egg, and if sitting on the point, some extra special interaction. lol. The cast calls this oasis the pizza slice.   BTW, you are allowed to take pics before show starts. 

Where To Sit?

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#265Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/6/17 at 2:03am

VintageSnarker said: "Southpaw2 said: "Luscious et al, that's very helpful. Being a nerd, I used the Power of Windows Paint to overlay the names of rows in question. See my image below. Can't make up my mind about these! I just don't want to end up in seats that Groban faces away from during crucial scenes, etc. Any help appreciated - this is a big expense for us and I want to make sure I get it right! :)

Where To Sit?

I decided to go with BC23 in an upcoming performance next week.  I'll let you guys know how it is.

HSky
#266Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/6/17 at 9:16am

I recommend stage right banquettes for a profile view of Pierre at the piano, stage left will see more of his back during those moments. (Although depending on the angle you might be able to see Pierre's face indirectly due to the mirrored part on the piano from stage left.)

Updated On: 5/6/17 at 09:16 AM

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#267Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 12:27am

Here is the view from my vantage point seated at BC 23.  Great seats. Got a dumpling and was very close to all the performers. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/HorFT

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#268Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/11/17 at 12:58am

I was afraid of my Rear Mezz tickets but the great things I've read here have put me at ease. I've seen some people mentioning the little stage upstairs. I think I'm right in front of it, as I got Section 3, Row E tickets. Am I right?. Anyway, it sounds great, but I'd appreciate any comments and thoughts on that (and the chances of getting a shaker or a letter there, hahaha). Thanks a lot in advance!

whizzer_wins
#269Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 6:08pm

Okay, I'm hoping to buy my tickets soon, and since this will probably be the only chance I have to see Comet... I want to make the best decision possible.

I'm gonna splurge for onstage seats to get the most immersive experience, and I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations for seats that have the best Anatole (and/or Dolokhov) interactions, and what they are?

Thank you in advance!

froote
#270Where To Sit?
Posted: 5/17/17 at 9:29pm

I believe BB17 is the seat where Anatole sits right next to you.

BettyBrump
#271Where To Sit? TG?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 12:21pm

I've purchased tickets for the June 15, 7:00pm show. I have Lower Stage Left Tavern TG seats 1 & 2. After reading this thread I'm not sure about these seats. Should I try to sell my tickets? 

HSky
#272Where To Sit? TG?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:15pm

The stage left sunken tavern seats along the walkway have good Dolokhov interaction...

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#273Where To Sit? TG?
Posted: 5/25/17 at 3:57pm

What are the best seats, stage and/or orch, for the Sonya Alone number? Thanks!

elbwaygirl
#274Where To Sit?
Posted: 6/1/17 at 9:12am

Sat BA 5 for last night's show. When I picked up my ticket, the box office manager told me "If I had to pick the best seat in the house, this would be it"...and I have to agree with him. 

I think the front stage right banquette gets the most interaction of any seats in the theater. Actors are constantly making eye contact with you, sitting/lying at your feet, whispering to you, offering you illicit substances during the club scene, etc. Helene and Anatole frequently sat at my feet, and both Josh Groban and Lucas Steele made prolonged eye contact. A great seat for No One Else, Sonya Alone, and Dust and Ashes...literally every song had an awesome view. The spotlight hit our row quite a few times as actors sang. Whew!

I got a dumpling and letter. I don't think there's any set pattern of letter giving--I was really into the show and had a dumb smile on my face/grinning at cast members when they looked at me, so that probably boosted my chances. 

If anywhere on BA stage right is available (particularly BA 3-11) and in your price range, I would definitely recommend. Incredible experience. 

Videos