News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration- Page 11

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#250Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:16pm

SALONGA was gold and now Benanti singing in her bathroom!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#251Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:17pm

Loved Elizabeth Stanley. I thought Lin acted GIANTS IN THE SKY perfectly. Now Laura...love her and this performance!

Updated On: 4/27/20 at 10:17 PM

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#252Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

poisonivy2 said: "Ok I dont mean to be a wet blanket but why has it become a Sondhiem singing mannerism to elongate every vowel so much?

It's always "Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" and "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".
"

That's how "Loving You" is written.

But, in general, vocal instructors, who are often rooted in classical technique, like to hear the vowels.

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:17 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#253Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

wiggum2 said: "anyone know how long this is supposed to be?"

Long, but that was with Esparza as host. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#256Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:19pm

The only performance that I feel lukewarm so far about is Aaron’s. He could sing, but it seems that either he doesn’t have the acting chops this song requires or he didn’t have enough time to connect to the song and bring out the layers.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#257Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:20pm

Dancingthrulife2 said: "The only performance that I feel lukewarm so far about is Aaron’s. He could sing, but it seems that either he doesn’t have the acting chops this song requires or he didn’t have enough time to connect to the song and bring out the layers."

It seemed so much a note for note reproduction of Raul. 

Alex Kulak2
#258Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:22pm

Chip Zien's got it. I've always loved the brassy tone to his voice

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#260Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:23pm

I joined just at the moment where Lea Salonga sang Loving You, and Laura Benanti sang I Remember, and I’m feeling content

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#261Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:23pm

Zien has the Baker’s hat on his piano!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#262Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:24pm

Play Esq. said: "Dancingthrulife2 said: "The only performance that I feel lukewarm so far about is Aaron’s. He could sing, but it seems that either he doesn’t have the acting chops this song requires or he didn’t have enough time to connect to the song and bring out the layers."

It seemed so much a note for note reproduction of Raul.
"

I found it weird that he tried to act on certain lines, but didn’t do much with the rest. Vocally, I’m not complaining though. It’s just that it didn’t have that bite that Raul had.

Alex Kulak2
#263Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:25pm

Everyone else cried when Chip grabbed the hat too, right?

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#264Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:26pm

Chip Zien made me cry. Perfect song for right now

NievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
#265Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Oh, Josh. I figured he'd sing this one.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#266Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Alex Kulak2 said: "Everyone else cried when Chip grabbed the hat too, right?"

100% yes

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#267Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:27pm

I'm not crying!!! YOU'RE CRYING!!! crying

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:27 PM

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#269Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:28pm

Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

Josh, not very good by the way....

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#270Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Dancingthrulife2 said: "The only performance that I feel lukewarm so far about is Aaron’s. He could sing, but it seems that either he doesn’t have the acting chops this song requires or he didn’t have enough time to connect to the song and bring out the layers."

ironic because he played the role a couple of summers ago... he was ok as Bobby

Owen22
#271Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

I am now giving a standing ovation to anyone just because they have decided to NOT sing something from Into the Woods.

Alex Kulak2
#272Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:30pm

Play Esq. said: "Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

"

I really liked his "Children Will Listen", but I am not feeling "Not While I'm Around"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#273Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Groban gave me the feels.

Hairspray0901
#274Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Play Esq. said: "Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

"

I think Meryl will do Last Midnight...

Videos