pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)- Page 12

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)

oughtaknow
#275JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/28/21 at 11:22am

BroadwayGirl107 said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "100% it should be John Cardoza. We saw him go on in Jan 2020 and we truly think he will have a career like Aaron Tveit or Jeremy Jordan with a voice like that. Here’s a snippet of his “I’m Alive” https://youtu.be/k6Lc5NNuAwo"

I also saw him last year. Thought he was better than Cipriano.
"

Same - I saw Cardozo first and was very surprised when I came back to Cipriano. 

I find it … interesting that Cipriano and Gooding are leaving now, ostensibly for moral reasons but when they both have new projects lined up. They both share scenes with Patten (most (all but one?) of Patten’s scenes are with Gooding) so were presumably aware of the gender-identity controversy from day one. It seems like they both made the same calculus as Patten - keep their mouths shut and ride the once in a life time opportunity that a Broadway show is until something better came along. 

You can argue that Patten, as the one playing the role, is more at fault, but the virtual signaling is a bit frustrating. 

I can’t imagine Patten stays that much longer - not doing “You Oughta Know,” pretty universally agreed to be the best number of the show, at the Tonys is a choice. Without that bump, I can’t see what she’s getting from this anymore. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#276JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/28/21 at 12:05pm

Is there anything at all that points to whether the decision was Patten's ?   Actor's don't usually make the choices of what number gets performed.   Also, what kind of bump could you possibly be referring to.  Patten has a contract, and theater actors commit to the long term under most  circumstances.   

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#277JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/28/21 at 12:15pm

Patten's will likely ride her Tony win for a while and then leave, possibly in the Winter sometime. Then, I'd assume, they'll replace Patten with a non-binary actor.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#278JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/28/21 at 12:19pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Bravo, Sonya. A moving speech, in addition to fabulous work on the show."

Sonya wasn’t the choreographer for Jagged. So, not sure why she’s mentioned here.

I find it incredibly striking not a single member of the jagged little pill cast has congratulated or acknowledged Lauren Pattens win. On top of that, Lauren’s latest Instagram post has the comment turned off in fear that she will get hate comments. What a miserable win this must be for Patten. I certainly hope she is able to bounce back from this and can move on to new projects. She is an incredibly talented actress.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#279JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/28/21 at 12:24pm

I'm sure that PRIVATELY congrats were had. NOBODY wants to open up their Insta to all the hate. (And if not, there are more awful things going on that we do not know about.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#280JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 12:27pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if cast and production members were told not to engage any further with social media connected to the show. Anything else is just evidence at this point with the internal investigation that’s occurring.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#281JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 12:29pm

I find it incredibly striking not a single member of the jagged little pill cast has congratulated or acknowledged Lauren Pattens win

Shockingly, you can tell someone congratulations without social media. I know. WILD. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#282JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 12:30pm

AEA has hired labor attorney Micah Wissinger to conduct an independent review of the Jagged Little Pill workplace. This is in addition to the producers' own investigation.

"As a transgender man, Wissinger brings relevant personal experience in addition to his extensive professional qualifications to the investigation. We trust Mr. Wissinger to conduct a thorough and fair examination of the experiences of Nora Schell and other company members at the show."

As with the Weissler/CHICAGO situation a few years back, we probably won't hear much more related to this investigation.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Actors-Equity-Association-Engages-Attorney-Micah-Wissinger-to-Conduct-JAGGED-LITTLE-PILL-Workplace-Investigation-20210929

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#283JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 1:38pm

Micah is the perfect choice.

SFFrontRow
#284JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 3:02pm

Sutton Ross said: "I find it incredibly striking not a single member of the jagged little pill cast has congratulated or acknowledged Lauren Pattens win

Shockingly, you can tell someone congratulations without social media. I know. WILD.
"

LOL - I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post. Back when I was a kid... we actually communicated face to FACE not face to Facebook. And while it wasn't instantaneous, it also wasn't Instagram-inous.

But I am also old and lived with a "party line" in my house... look it up kids.

Sutton Ross
#285JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 4:03pm

Lolz. Was that a note you wrote to yourself to remember later? Because it sure doesn't apply to me. (This was a comment regarding Jorge when he started name calling and before it was deleted.)

Next up on your list? Wondering why you have the least flattering photo of Sabrina Carpenter after she did two performances of that now closed show. It's so, so weird. Something for your list! Make sure to put it on social media because that is the ONLY place that matters.

LOL - I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post. Back when I was a kid... we actually communicated face to FACE not face to Facebook. And while it wasn't instantaneous, it also wasn't Instagram-inous.

I'm an older millennial and I am so, so happy I grew up without social media. It was so much better than what the kids have to deal with now. The misery of needing "likes" in this world as a kid and thinking people need to post congratulations to their friends on social media for it to matter. Imagine that thought process and how broken it is. 

Updated On: 9/29/21 at 04:03 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#286JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 4:28pm

I’m with Sutton on this one, regarding being glad I grew up without it.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

WestEndGal
#287JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 5:26pm

Sutton Ross said: "I'm an older millennial and I am so, so happy I grew up without social media. It was so much better than what the kids have to deal with now. The misery of needing "likes" in this world as a kid and thinking people need to post congratulations totheir friends on social media for it to matter. Imagine that thought process and how broken it is."

Yeah I think it’s terrifying what social media is doing to kids these days. You can’t live in the real world by ‘cancelling’ or being outraged at every other person just because they don’t hold the exact same view as you.  

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#288JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/29/21 at 9:28pm

Call_me_jorge said: "
I find it incredibly striking not a single member of the jagged little pill cast has congratulated or acknowledged Lauren Pattens win. On top of that, Lauren’s latest Instagram post has the comment turned off in fear that she will get hate comments. What a miserable win this must be for Patten.”

Anyone saying kind things to it about her right now will be similarly ostracized. There are several trans folks in the industry defending her, or at least providing context that reminds people that just because she’s the face of this controversy, there are more powerful people to blame, and even they are getting horrible responses.

As for turning off the comments on her post…good for her. She should have done it long ago, and if the JLP marketing team knows what’s best for them, they should too. Don’t let people who want to see you fail run your social media campaigns. And for an actor—I think keeping comments off is just good healthy boundaries. 

Updated On: 9/29/21 at 09:28 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#289JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/30/21 at 12:01am

Jesus everyone needs to cut Patten and the creative team a break. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is what happened:

- In the out of town tryout, there was some dialogue suggesting that Jo might be non-binary

- There was subsequently backlash against this because a cis actor is playing the role

- Rather than replace the actor, who was phenomenal, they simply remove that dialogue to make the character just a standard cisgender but masc-presenting lesbian

- When this gets brought up in interviews and social media interactions, the creative team denies the character was ever NB, and (likely) instructed Patten to say the same thing so that they will not be accused of erasure

- Two non-binary cast members, as well as non-binary fans of the show accuse them of erasure anyway, and social media goes nuts

Am I right? And if not, please correct me, and if yes, please explain to me why everyone involved in this well-intentioned blunder deserves to be unemployed. I mean come on let the poor girl enjoy her Tony Award.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#290JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/30/21 at 12:48am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Jesus everyone needs to cut Patten and the creative team a break. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is what happened:

- In the out of town tryout, there was some dialogue suggesting that Jo might be non-binary

- There was subsequently backlash against this because a cis actor is playing the role

- Rather than replace the actor, who was phenomenal, they simply remove that dialogue to make the character just a standard cisgender but masc-presenting lesbian

- When this gets brought up in interviews and social media interactions, the creative team denies the character was ever NB, and (likely) instructed Patten to say the same thing so that they will not be accused of erasure

- Two non-binary cast members, as well as non-binary fans of the show accuse them of erasure anyway, and social media goes nuts

Am I right? And if not, please correct me, and if yes, please explain to me why everyone involved in this well-intentioned blunder deserves to be unemployed. I mean come on let the poor girl enjoy her Tony Award.
"

Yeah, that kind of sums it up. I'd add that the non-binary cast member touting the "fire Lauren" story the hardest was Patten's former understudy, and I'm just trying to imagine any other scenario in which an understudy calling to get an actor fired who literally went through the same audition process and won the role OVER the understudy would ever be looked on as anything other than deeply toxic, unprofessional, and gross. 

hearthemsing22
#291JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/30/21 at 1:21am

Sutton Ross said: "Lolz. Was that a note you wrote to yourself to remember later? Because it sure doesn't apply to me. (This was a comment regarding Jorge when he started name calling and before it was deleted.)

Next up on your list? Wondering why you have the least flattering photo of Sabrina Carpenter after she did two performances of that now closed show. It's so, so weird.Something for your list! Make sure to put it on social media because that is the ONLY place that matters.

LOL - I was just thinking the same thing when I read your post. Back when I was a kid... we actually communicated face toFACE not face to Facebook. And while it wasn't instantaneous, it also wasn't Instagram-inous.

I'm an older millennial and I am so, so happy I grew up without social media. It was so much better than what the kids have to deal with now. The misery of needing "likes" in this world as a kid and thinking people need to post congratulations totheir friends on social media for it to matter. Imagine that thought process and how broken it is.
"

Recently I’ve been thinking the same thing!! I’ve seen so many people now doing things solely for likes, or shouting out their favorite performers, celebrities to be noticed by them and then have their friends congratulate them…oh boy am I SO thankful I was born pre-Instagram and Twitter. I post there, but my world doesn’t revolve around likes. 

WestEndGal
#292JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/30/21 at 5:06am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Am I right? And if not, please correct me, and if yes, please explain to me why everyone involved in this well-intentioned blunder deserves to be unemployed. I mean come on let the poor girl enjoy her Tony Award."

Yeah that pretty much sums it up! For sure the whole messaging and situation was handled clumsily, but it’s crazy to me how the entire show is getting derailed over this! Of course the views of non-binary community are valid, but you just need to look at the toxic stan twitter (and I assume tik tok) response to see that most of those screaming obscenities at lauren and the show are cis teens doing it for clout amongst their ‘socially aware’ teens. The “if you still support Lauren then unfollow me” tweet is a personal fave, lol!

Honestly, it just feels like this ‘outrage culture’ or whatever you want to call it is just going to get worse until it gets better. But I do think there needs to be more common sense amongst TPTB when these issues or conversations occur, because it seems like it literally only takes a tiny extremely vocal minority of people on Twitter to lead to all this self-flagellation we are seeing. And again, when so much of the outrage is performative, the voices of those genuine  voices seeking change are drowned out. 

It’s a mess.

And I totally feel bad for Lauren that she can’t even publicly enjoy her Tony award, and everyone is too scared to even publicly congratulate her. Ridiculous! 

Sutton Ross
#293JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/30/21 at 12:03pm

It is ridiculous. She seemed so happy and so sad all at once when accepting, I feel deeply for what she's going through. But photos of smiling afterwards with Broadway legends was nice.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#294JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/2/21 at 2:52pm

I don’t think it’s been announced anywhere, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know what the split Elizabeth Stanley/Heidi Blickenstaff schedule will be? I’d love to see Heidi and plan accordingly. Thanks!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#295JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/2/21 at 6:56pm

gleek4114 said: "I don’t think it’s been announced anywhere, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know what the split Elizabeth Stanley/Heidi Blickenstaff schedule will be? I’d love to see Heidi and plan accordingly. Thanks!"

Nothing set yet. We don't even have a return date for Stanley. Might be a 4/4 split whenever she returns.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#296JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/3/21 at 2:42am

gleek4114 said: "I don’t think it’s been announced anywhere, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know what the split Elizabeth Stanley/Heidi Blickenstaff schedule will be? I’d love to see Heidi and plan accordingly. Thanks!"

Goodness me, there are people out there that still want to see this show upon reopening? I thought I wouldn't live to see the day after all that has happened. 

Perhaps I should take back what I had said before about not creating a reopening night thread for Jagged Little Pill. Even if only for the sake of Blickenstaff...

Oh look, a bibu!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#297JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/3/21 at 1:01pm

Jordan Levinson said: "gleek4114 said: "I don’t think it’s been announced anywhere, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know what the split Elizabeth Stanley/Heidi Blickenstaff schedule will be? I’d love to see Heidi and plan accordingly. Thanks!"

Goodness me, there are people out there that still want to see this show upon reopening? I thought I wouldn't live to see the day after all that has happened.

Perhaps I should take back what I had said before about not creating a reopening night thread forJagged Little Pill. Even if only for the sake of Blickenstaff...
"

Please create one. It has been nice seeing them again. (Also, I sent you a PM but messaging is acting up and just sent the subject)

Just give the world Love.

pmensky
#298JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/3/21 at 3:09pm

Amy Lovatt, a YouTuber from the UK who does theatre-centric videos, does a very in-depth video about the controversy surrounding JLP. She shows side by side video comparisons of the ART vs. Broadway productions of the show, and goes through what the producers and actors have said over the course of the show’s two runs. It’s a very thorough, informative video worth watching if you are unfamiliar with the details of the situation. 
Link

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#299JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 10/3/21 at 3:37pm

uncageg said: "Jordan Levinson said: "gleek4114 said: "I don’t think it’s been announced anywhere, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know what the split Elizabeth Stanley/Heidi Blickenstaff schedule will be? I’d love to see Heidi and plan accordingly. Thanks!"

Perhaps I should take back what I had said before about not creating a reopening night thread forJagged Little Pill. Even if only for the sake of Blickenstaff...
"

Please create one. It has been nice seeing them again. (Also, I sent you a PM but messaging is acting up and just sent the subject)

"

You can say whatever you sent me here. I understand. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos