pixeltracker

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 14

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#325SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/25/23 at 11:24pm

I was curious if anything else had popped up for tomorrow and it's still just resale but $450 for the last row of that theater lolololol. I mean, good for them if they can get it but I'm guessing anyone willing to shell that out has no idea how awful the view from back there is. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#326SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:06am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Merch has not been loaded yet, but here's the page:https://www.broadwaymerchandiseshop.com/collections/sweeney-todd"

Says shipping will resume on the 28th. So it seems like there will be no merch tomorrow or Tuesday. Maybe not most of the week? I am seeing it this coming week.

Just give the world Love.

BCfitasafiddle
#327SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:13am

Saw some people leaving the Lunt-Fontanne tonight around 10:30 as theaters were pouring out after showtime. I can assume they got to attend a dress rehearsal. Bernie Telsey was one of them.

Everyone leaving the Lunt was gobsmacked and commenting on how incredible it was. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#328SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:15am

Wow, that's exciting to hear. 

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#329SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:10am

Approaching this with an open mind. 

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#330SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 7:19am

Not to put to fine a point on the ages of the actors vis a vis the characters: the life expectancy for a European woman in 1850s was 42, 40 for men. A half a century later, by 1900, it was only 50. In her late 30s, Mrs. Lovett was decidedly a woman of "limited wind." And jump ahead a century: we boomers remember when a Broadway play starring Julie Harris called Forty Carats was about a "middle-aged woman" finding love again. At 40. A  desperate 38ish Nellie Lovett, surrounded by disease, famine, poverty, portrays historically accurate desperation. Her chances of remarriage: nil. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

JasonC3
#331SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 7:35am

BCfitasafiddle said: "Saw some people leaving the Lunt-Fontanne tonight around 10:30 as theaters were pouring out after showtime. I can assume they got to attend a dress rehearsal. Bernie Telsey was one of them.

Everyone leaving the Lunt was gobsmacked and commenting on how incredible it was.
"

Everyone?  Must have been exhausting to interview all those people for their reactions.  I'm kidding.  I'm thrilled for the positive buzz and look forward to reports from tonight.

Jordan Catalano
#332SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 10:46am

Walking home just now, I passed by the theater and saw around 10 people lined up outside. Is there a rush policy in place?

Hamilfan2
#333SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 10:57am

Jordan Catalano said: "Walking home just now, I passed by the theater and saw around 10 people lined up outside. Is there a rush policy in place?"

Nothing has been announced- so maybe they are just hoping for the best?  Or waiting in some kind of cancelation line?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#334SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 11:05am

Probably a cancellation line. Wouldn't expect SRO tickets sold until after it opens.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#335SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:30pm

By a great stroke of luck I will be there today! :)

Jordan Catalano
#336SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:37pm

All first previews should be 3pm on a Sunday from now on. 

B212323
#337SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:43pm

It is if they're using birthdates to determine winners without disclosure (ie they're only allowing under 30's)  but if its just to check if you're 18 and over thats fine. I still think it's odd no other Broadway lottery system does this. 

BCfitasafiddle
#338SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 12:47pm

Dying to see the show curtain, set, whatever is onstage when you'll walk into the house! I can't believe its happening!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#339SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 1:04pm

BarnabyTucker said: "By a great stroke of luck I will be there today! :)"

Same. My friend just tested positive for Covid this am and obviously can't go so they thought of me. Wow! Very excited! 

JSquared2
#340SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 1:26pm

B212323 said: "It is if they're using birthdates to determine winners without disclosure (ie they're only allowing under 30's) but if its just to check if you're 18 and over thats fine. I still think it's odd no other Broadway lottery system does this."

EVERY Broadway Direct lottery (meaning alll Nederlander shows) uses this system. So relax. 

elephantseye
#341SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 1:42pm

Decided to try for cancellation as those last few resale tickets on Telecharge are holding steady at simply ridiculous prices.

Updated On: 2/26/23 at 01:42 PM

Jordan Catalano
#342SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 1:56pm

Amazing how these resellers don’t lower their prices before a show anymore and end up just eating the cost of the tickets, rather than make back anything. 

elephantseye
#343SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 1:58pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Amazing how these resellers don’t lower their prices before a show anymore and end up just eating the cost of the tickets, rather than make back anything."

It’s very annoying! Yet another reason to hate resellers.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#344SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:21pm

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/1872111006179154/lunt-fontanne-theatre/

Here's the Instagram geotag that will keep track of any pictures tagged at the Lunt-Fontanne!

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#345SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:39pm

In line to get in…BIG mess trying to separate orchestra and mezz. Idk if they are even letting people in yet! 

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#346SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:40pm

INSANE line to get in. starting to move, but on corner of 47th & 8th! 

Jordan Catalano
#347SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:40pm

This line is STUPID

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#348SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
Posted: 2/26/23 at 2:44pm

This sucks lol. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14