pixeltracker

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th- Page 2

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#25re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:40pm

I'm really happy for them too, but I wonder whether this is going to keep happening...people are indeed going to be pissed if money starts getting refunded and the closing date keeps getting pushed back.

jagfkb
#26re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:41pm

Me thinks we are witnessing Ragtime's "January Promotions". They'll keep extending it until finally noone wants to see it.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:42pm

Someone wrote this on facebook

"I just tried calling ticketmaster and was told I would not be able to exchange my tickets."

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#28re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:45pm

so there is about to be a flood of pissed off people...

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

rmusic11322
#29re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:47pm

Maybe I'll have a chance to see it now. :)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:48pm

Ticketmaster still isn't selling tickets past 1/3, so I'm not sure how someone could have asked for an exchange. At this moment, ticketmaster is still under the impression there are no performances beyond 1/3.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#31re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:57pm

They must have sold out (or close to it). Great news!

Maybe they should keep extending a week at a time to get people to see it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#32re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:59pm

Ticketmaster now goes through the 8th.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Ed_Mottershead
#33re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 5:59pm

Whatever my caveats about the show per se, I'm much happier that it's getting another chance, however appreviated that chance may be. That this show (and Finian's Rainbow) should have to be struggling for dear life is appalling. And it REALLY ticks me off that a piece of crap like the Bye, Bye Birdie revival and a mediocre show like Memphis should be sailing along (yes, I know Birdie's closing, but IMO it never should have opened in the first place). Just venting.

BroadwayEd

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#34re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:03pm

I am so happy for this beautiful show. What a way to go. This isn't over yet!

I know you. I know you. I know you.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#35re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:05pm

YAY! My tickets for the 5th are valid again! re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

NGeorgiaBwayFan Profile Photo
NGeorgiaBwayFan
#36re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:06pm

don't be so sure your tix for the 5th are still good... i've been on with ticketmaster for nearly an hour trying to find out if my tix for the 5th are still good. They don't actually seem to know. i'll update when I know.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#37re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:09pm

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 06:09 PM

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#38re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

I'm not terribly surprised by this. With all the 'cult' love this show has, I'm sure ticket sales went through the roof the second they announced the initial closing.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#39re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

Wicked--how did you get notified??? I'm just curious how they are handling the whole thing. COULD you have gotten the refund if you wanted?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
maxximumvolume
#40re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:10pm

Well I just bought tickets from Ticketmaster for the 1/10 show. I wasn't going to be able to make it to the final performance but now I can, which I am both happy and sad about. It's going to be an emotional time. But if they extend again, I may throw something.
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 06:10 PM

bway1261
#41re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:13pm

This is great news! I might be able to make it next weekend.

Edit: I don't if anyone saw this, but on Christiane Noll's twitter she said "Sold out tonight -- turning people away!! Where were all these people BEFORE we said we were closing! Thrilled to go out on a high though! ".

Hopefully they'll continue to sell out. Updated On: 12/30/09 at 06:13 PM

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#42re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:15pm

"Y'all should sue.

That is what America is all about, right?"

YES!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#43re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:16pm

I'm trying to by a closing ticket for a friend who doesn't have computer access right now -- she wants one of the $45 rear mezz tickets, but every time I put it into Ticketmaster, it tells me nothing matches my search. Could they be gone already?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

NGeorgiaBwayFan
#44re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:17pm

ok, here's what they told me.

Ticketmaster told me my tickets for Jan. 5th were cancelled and that they were not up for sale yet (although I see they are now). They pretty much told me that tickets for the 5th would have to be re-purchased and that any discounts would not apply.

Well, at least I still have tix for the 3rd. I'm just glad to see the show.

edit: I had not already cancelled or sent for the refund when the closing was announced.

"Like the good Lord says . . . Ya gotta take the rough with the smooth, Baby!" Madame Rose
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 06:17 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#45re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:20pm

Just got off the phone with ticketmaster....

The agent was actually VERY friendly, when I asked if I could exchange my 1/3 tickets for 1/10. He said it would probably not be an issue, but they would be willing to make an exception just this one time. As we were going through, getting ready to process the exchange, he stopped and said he just got a note on his screen that said (and he read it to me), "THE PRODUCERS OF THIS EVENT REQUEST THAT TICKETMASTER NOT HONOR OR ALLOW ANY REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES OF ANY KIND."

Once again, the arrogance of this producing team. They want people to buy twice. Ridiculous! They're being extremely unaccommodating considering they're producing an $8 million flop!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#46re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:23pm

That's pretty messed up.

NGeorgiaBwayFan
#47re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:24pm

well, I did get a refund for my Jan. 5th tickets, and still have my Jan. 3rd tickets (i hope) what a mess!!!!

NGeorgiaBwayFan
#48re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:25pm

pretty crappy way to do business.

colleen_lee
#49re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 6:29pm

I've been trying to get rear mezz too, Emcee, and it hasn't been working for me either.

I can't afford to see this show at full price in the orchestra again.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Videos