pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16- Page 2

Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#25Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:11am

Sigh. As if spring season wasn't packed enough. Now this show from last season, along with Hamilton, will give the new musicals a rather strong competition.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

LJD123
#26Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:14am

I am just wondering if Meghan is committing to another engagement?  I would have LOVED to see her as Jenna!!!  Her voice.....

JustAFan3
#27Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:16am

LJD123 said: "I am just wondering if Meghan is committing to another engagement?  I would have LOVED to see her as Jenna!!!  Her voice.....

Same - she seems really suited for the part...I saw she has some singing engagements but only until March 31 per her website...

"

BwayinVan
#28Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:21am

Wow! Bought my parents tickets earlier in the week. Jealous they'll get to see her but glad I snagged the tickets before this was announced

JennH
#29Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:28am

Lolz did anyone NOT see this coming?? This was a rumor for a while, I'm by no means surprised! I'll be honest however...I'm glad it's short because as awesome as Sara is as a mainstream pop/rock recording/concert artist, she's not an "actress". Many of these kinds of singers aren't these types of actors to begin with. They're great in their respective genres but hardly any of them can legitamitely transition to MT. Need I remind anyone of the travesty of Carly Rae? However the only reason I don't hate this is because it's her own musical, she wrote it, she knows what's needed. 

JustAFan3
#30Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:33am

JennH said: "Lolz did anyone NOT see this coming?? This was a rumor for a while, I'm by no means surprised! I'll be honest however...I'm glad it's short because as awesome as Sara is as a mainstream pop/rock recording/concert artist, she's not an "actress". Many of these kinds of singers aren't these types of actors to begin with. They're great in their respective genres but hardly any of them can legitamitely transition to MT. Need I remind anyone of the travesty of Carly Rae? However the only reason I don't hate this is because it's her own musical, she wrote it, she knows what's needed. 

I agree...I will see her in it. hope she can pull it off...tough shoes to fill for sure.

"

Tiann Nerng Chong
#31Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:37am

I don't think we have to worry about Sara B. pulling a Carly Rae Jepsen Cinderella disaster. She knows the songs inside out, she can easily connect with the character of Jenna. Her acting may be rough in the book scenes, but she has a bit of time to sort that out with some intensive coaching/ classes. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#32Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:40am

JennH said: "Lolz did anyone NOT see this coming?? This was a rumor for a while, I'm by no means surprised! I'll be honest however...I'm glad it's short because as awesome as Sara is as a mainstream pop/rock recording/concert artist, she's not an "actress". Many of these kinds of singers aren't these types of actors to begin with. They're great in their respective genres but hardly any of them can legitamitely transition to MT. Need I remind anyone of the travesty of Carly Rae? However the only reason I don't hate this is because it's her own musical, she wrote it, she knows what's needed."

There are just as many examples of mainstream singer who have made successful transitions. Even for a musical, this show has very few book scenes, and Sara can most definitely emote really well when she's singing. She'll be fine.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ohjustjake
#33Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:44am

Anyone have a discount code that's for after 3/30? I want to catch Sara B, but of course the discount code is only until March 30th.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#34Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:45am

I think they did that on purpose, Jake. Don't think there'll be another discount code showing up until after she leaves.

Tiann Nerng Chong
#35Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:47am

maybe it's just me but it sounds like they might plan on closing the show if they don't secure a big name lead to replace Sara. after all, they've already recouped, and I'm sure the upcoming tour will recoup very fast too. 

JennH
#36Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:47am

Tiann Nerng Chong said: "I don't think we have to worry about Sara B. pulling a Carly Rae Jepsen Cinderella disaster. She knows the songs inside out, she can easily connect with the character of Jenna. Her acting may be rough in the book scenes, but she has a bit of time to sort that out with some intensive coaching/ classes. 

"

I mean, I did say that's the only reason I'm not wholly against this. But I'll still try to see Jessie before she leaves. I've waited too long and now I'm scared people will be flooding to see her before she leaves as well. 

neonlightsxo
#37Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:51am

Tiann Nerng Chong said: "maybe it's just me but it sounds like they might plan on closing the show if they don't secure a big name lead to replace Sara. after all, they've already recouped, and I'm sure the upcoming tour will recoup very fast too. "

That sounds ridiculous.

KathyNYC2
#38Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:53am

Tiann Nerng Chong said: "maybe it's just me but it sounds like they might plan on closing the show if they don't secure a big name lead to replace Sara. after all, they've already recouped, and I'm sure the upcoming tour will recoup very fast too. 

"

I don't see it that way. Spring is often a slow time for current shows with all the new shows coming in and Sara will up the ticket sales until June. And then it's vacation/tourist season.  So hopefully this will be around for a while longer. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#39Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:55am

If there are any discounts for April/may PLEASE post them, but honestly I'm not expecting much ??

neonlightsxo
#40Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:57am

No, they purposely have ended the discounts before Sara goes into the show...

Tiann Nerng Chong
#41Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 9:57am

Thanks for assauging my fears, KathyNYC2 and neonlightsxo

MannPhan24601
#43Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 10:15am

maxkko said: "I know of someone who was in final talks for the role, and I don't think anything has changed... Sara could just be announcing the replacement herself. 

I know Meghan Linsey from Season 8 was in talks back in Novemember.I wouldn't be surprised if she replaces Sara or leads the tour....

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#44Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 11:00am

I was totally confused by this for a minute. I thought Abby Mueller had already been announced as Jessie's replacement until I realized she's joining the Broadway company of BEAUTIFUL. cheeky

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

VintageSnarker
#45Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 4:38pm

OH MY GOD. I didn't expect this to happen so soon. I don't think Waitress is selling as well as it was initially but they're certainly not hurting. Do I have $169 lying around somewhere? I enjoyed the show but I wasn't blown away by it... but after listening to Sara's renditions... God, I need to see this. I might have to dip into my budget for spring shows. 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#46Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 5:18pm

For every Carly Rae there's a Billie Joe. I'll have some faith in her.

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#47Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/16/17 at 6:23pm

I bought tickets for April immediately after the announcement this morning, she is so down to earth that if she is not up to par in the acting department she must know that by now and is actively working with coaches or even Diane Paulus herself to get her ready for her debut. She did do theater growing up, so there is hope.

Here's the video of her announcing the news this morning on the Today Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF-eN6Xv2gQ

Joysie2
#48Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/17/17 at 1:36am

Hi! This is my first post on here!

I'm heading to NYC from the UK in May and really want to catch Waitress during my trip but I'm struggling to book tickets through Ticketmaster when I go via the Waitress website. I've tried several devices and browsers but as soon as I click to buy the tickets there's an error. Is anyone else encountering a problem when trying to book at the minute? I've tried messaging Ticketmaster but am doubtful of a response. I just wondered if this was a general Ticketmaster issue or just me? Thanks in advance! 

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#49Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/17/17 at 5:35am

Hey, there.  Ticketmaster seems to have a regular site maintenance that causes issues.  I suspect that they do it after midnight but maybe because of the time difference where you are, it might have been an issue.  I know I got that error message yesterday when trying to buy tickets through their site for another show (I'm in Australia).  I tried later and got a ticket to Waitress for May, so just try again.  :)

Joysie2
#50Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16
Posted: 2/17/17 at 8:13am

Thanks Javi!

Yes this seems to have been the case. I tried again earlier and got through no problem so now have my tickets. Really looking forward to this- I got the cast recording a week or so ago and love all the songs. We were intrigued to see who would be taking over after Jessie left so it's a real treat that we'll be able to see Sara as by my calculations we'll be in NYC during the penultimate week of her run. 

Thanks again for your help! Sara Bareilles to make Waitress-related announcement on Today Show, 2/16

Videos