pixeltracker

Nikki Blonsky acting again- Page 2

Nikki Blonsky acting again

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#25Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:13pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "We're not questioning that, amigo.  The topic is why she was excluded from any participation in last year's HAIRSPRAY Live! NBC TV EVENT.  Both former Tracy's had cameos in the live broadcast but Nikki didn't to which her response is she was forgotten.  Really, girl?"

The topic is that she is acting again. The tangent is Hairspray participation.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#26Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 3:42pm

Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#27Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:28pm

RippedMan said: "Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?

I follow her IG I haven't seen much except her hanging out with friends

BlackElleWoods
#28Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:29pm

BrodyFosse123 said: ""They never reached out to me. I think they kind of forgot me, which is fine. We all have our moment in the sun," the 28-year-old actress told TooFab in an interview.

Without bringing up details, she pretty much closed many doors on herself quite quickly.  She starred in the enormously successful 2007 film version of HAIRSPRAY which starred more than a handful of superstars AND was produced by the same team that produced the NBC Live Event version of HAIRSPRAY.  HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY FORGET HER?  

She knows all too well why she was not included as do Ricki Lake and Marissa Jaret WInokur who weren't "forgotten."

"

I really want to know what it is she did that makes them exclude her 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#29Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 4:36pm

Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?

Maddie Baillio of HAIRSPRAY Live! hasn't done any television or film work since playing Tracy (as mentioned above: she's hanging with friends and active on Instagram).  Also, Shanice Williams from THE WIZ Live! did work in an 18-minute film short since so that's that.  

Word to the wise: keep away from NBC Live television events open casting calls.    

BlackElleWoods
#30Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 5:07pm

Speaking of live musicals . Any updates on rent live auditions ?

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#31Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 7/24/17 at 5:24pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?

Maddie Baillio of HAIRSPRAY Live! hasn't done any television or film work since playing Tracy (as mentioned above: she's hanging with friends and active on Instagram).  Also, Shanice Williams from THE WIZ Live! did work in an 18-minute film short since so that's that.  

Word to the wise: keep away from NBC Live television events open casting calls.    

"

Both are super young. Give them some time before you pass any judgments on their careers.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#33Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:08pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?

Maddie Baillio of HAIRSPRAY Live! hasn't done any television or film work since playing Tracy (as mentioned above: she's hanging with friends and active on Instagram). Also, Shanice Williams from THE WIZ Live! did work in an 18-minute film short since so that's that.

Word to the wise: keep away from NBC Live television events open casting calls.
"

Maddie Baillio is currently filming a movie that Jennifer Aniston is starring in. Shanice Williams I believe got a voice acting role on a cartoon series.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#34Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:15pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Here she is:https://www.facebook.com/playbill/videos/816234471890155/"

Glad to see she's capitalizing off of the "Hey it's Nikki Blonksy" meme, at least I hope she is. Haha

https://imgur.com/a/gD3F6#BVFdt58

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:27pm

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS. her saying “nikki blonsky from the movie hairspray” is one of my favorite sad things from the internet ever

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#37Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/3/17 at 3:00pm

Just want to point out that she is still more successful than about 95% of people who attempt to be actors - regardless of size or gender.

BrodyFosse123
#38Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/3/17 at 3:14pm

Nikki Blonsky, 19, was not at the hearing. She and Bianca Golden were both arrested on July 29, but were each freed on $6,000 bail the same day. Elaine Golden was not charged in the incident.

Nikki Blonsky was charged with actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of two years, and common assault, with a 90-day maximum term. Golden was also charged with actual bodily harm. 

Nikki is due in court on the Caribbean island in December. She has selected a bench trial, meaning that a judge will decide her fate. Bianca Golden has selected a jury trial, which is scheduled for Sept. 17.

This all took place in 2008 and answers quite a bit on why HAIRSPRAY Live! kept their distance as well as any substantial acting opportunities.  

If you're an established personality/star all is forgiven.  As an up-and-comer, its virtually impossible to rise above this. 

BrodyFosse123
#39Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/5/17 at 5:49pm

AND she’s back.  Sorta.  A new interesting interview with La Blonsky.  Very honest though very one-sided as she doesn’t admit to her attitude soured her in the industry a bit.  It wasn’t just about being passed over after her expiration date expired.   

https://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2017/10/05/10-years-after-hairspray-nikki-blonsky-reflects-her-breakout-role

rjm516
#40Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/6/17 at 5:00am

She was so great in the Hairspray movie, I hope she can rise above all her drama now that she's older and find some success

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#41Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/6/17 at 12:02pm

That Out Interview is a great read. I hope she continues to work and build up her resume. She may not get a opportunity as big as Tracy because those roles are hard to come by no matter who you are, but she can build connections and become a mainstay on television and film so long as she's a person people want to hire. It's a hard industry.

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#42Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/7/17 at 3:56am

All of those Tracys kind of blend together after a while, kind of like the Annies.  

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
BrodyFosse123
#44Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/12/17 at 6:19pm

The final nail on her career coffin.  

Here’s hoping there’s interest in her HSN jewelry line.  

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#45Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/12/17 at 6:23pm

RippedMan said: "Speaking of, what happened to that Tracy from the NBC live one? She up to anything?"

Bridge that gap, fellas.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#46Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/12/17 at 6:31pm

That’s so sad. I hope it isn’t the end of her career, but truly a horrible way to “come back” to acting.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#47Nikki Blonsky acting again
Posted: 10/12/17 at 7:46pm

Would love to know what really happened. 

Videos