pixeltracker

What's Next for the Imperial?- Page 2

What's Next for the Imperial?

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#25What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:31pm

WayTooBroadway said: "It’s not about Mueller or Henry. I don’t know why that reply?
CAROUSEL seemed to be a more viable and trusted title. It seems that’s what the poster’s view was.
"

Yep, that is what I was trying to (inarticulately) say!

I think Secret Garden has a similar title recognition to Once On This Island, and like Island it would require love-letter reviews and the Tony for Best Revival. And we still don't know if Island is going to be a hit yet.
In 39 weeks, Island has grossed $20 million and been seen by about 205,000 people. In 22 weeks, Carousel grossed $23 million and has been seen by about 219,000 people.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#26What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:32pm

WayTooBroadway said: "It’s not about Mueller or Henry. I don’t know why that reply?
CAROUSEL seemed to be a more viable and trusted title. It seems that’s what the poster’s view was.
"

I think Secret Garden has a similar title recognition to Once On This Island, and like Island it would require love-letter reviews and the Tony for Best Revival. And we still don't know if Island is going to be a hit yet.
In 39 weeks, Island has grossed $20 million and been seen by about 205,000 people. In 22 weeks, Carousel grossed $23 million and has been seen by about 219,000 people.

Evans2
#27What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:06am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "If you ask me, Moulin Rouge! shouldn't be coming to Broadway at all because that film was nothing but a MIGRAINE from beginning to end!"

Stick to hating on Jack O'Brien.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#28What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:09am

Assuming it's one of these two, Hadestown in at the National in London 2 November to 26 January. Dreamgirls closes the week following. Is it a race to see who arrives in the spring? Or do they bring something in for the fall.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#29What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:27am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "If you ask me, Moulin Rouge! shouldn't be coming to Broadway at all because that film was nothing but a MIGRAINE from beginning to end!"

I certainly don’t remember asking you, especially since your understanding of most things seem to be so far off anything that’s actually real. Remember when you petulantly insisted that there was no way Leslie Odom Jr. would get a nomination for HAMILTON? And then when he did, you kept selling us this bogous theory that Burstein would still win? And then the brilliant masters at BWW acted like you could actually predict awards? That was hilarious.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Clyde15
#30What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:31am

SomethingPeculiar said: "WayTooBroadway said: "It’s not about Mueller or Henry. I don’t know why that reply?
"

I thinkSecret Gardenhas a similar title recognition toOnce On This Island, and likeIslandit would require love-letter reviews andthe Tony for Best Revival. And we still don't know ifIslandis going to be a hit yet.
In 39 weeks,Islandhas grossed $20 million and been seen by about 205,000 people. In 22 weeks,Carouselgrossed $23 million and has been seen by about 219,000 people.
"

But you have to remember Carousel is playing in a house with more than twice as many seats as Island 

Dolly80
#31What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:51am

Contrary to popular belief- Dreamgirls is not happening any time soon.

#32What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 6:03am

Good! It’s a terrible production. Saw it in London. They need to start over

Updated On: 8/8/18 at 06:03 AM

benwilsonn.xo
#33What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 6:24am

Return of Dreamgirls !!!

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#34What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 8:30am

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "If you ask me, Moulin Rouge! shouldn't be coming to Broadway at all because that film was nothing but a MIGRAINE from beginning to end!"

I certainly don’t remember asking you, especially since your understanding of most things seem to be so far off anything that’s actually real. Remember when you petulantly insisted that there was no way Leslie Odom Jr. would get a nomination for HAMILTON? And then when he did, you kept selling us this bogous theory that Burstein would still win? And then the brilliant masters at BWW acted like you could actually predict awards? That was hilarious.
"

Now, I never said Leslie Odom, Jr. wouldn't get a Tony nomination for Hamilton. I only doubted he'd be eligible as Lead until the Tony Administration Committee said otherwise. And I still stand by my thoughts as to why Danny Burstein deserved it more for Fiddler on the Roof. I was even predicting him to win all season long until the New York Times voter poll talked me out of it at the last minute.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#35What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 8:34am

Evans2 said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "If you ask me, Moulin Rouge! shouldn't be coming to Broadway at all because that film was nothing but a MIGRAINE from beginning to end!"

Stick to hating on Jack O'Brien.
"

I don't hate Jack O'Brien. He seems like a great guy in the interviews I've seen with him. Whenever I brought up his recent track record, I was referring to how a lot of his productions have been received lately.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#36What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:10pm

Dolly80 said: "Contrary to popular belief- Dreamgirls is not happening any time soon."

Any explanation for the Equity casting calls then?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#37What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 12:28pm

They've had two EPAs in the past like 8 months. Seems odd.

Dolly80
#38What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:15pm

No idea. All I know from people on the show is that the producers haven’t found an Effie that they feel comfortable opening the show with.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#39What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:29pm

Is Amber Reilly not attached to the show anymore?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#40What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 2:20pm

They don't seem to have done much in the way of looking. Just 2 EPAs. No open calls, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of woman who could play Effie.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#41What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 2:20pm

Any word on Crazy For You? I noticed Laura Osnes and Tony Yazbeck are singing Gershwin at 54 Below and it'll be nice if this was to get some sort of traction going for the revival.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#42What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 3:53pm

How about another GYPSY revival...this time with Imelda Staunton? Oh yeah...that never did make it over here as planned this past season, now did it? 

Impossible2
#43What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 4:05pm

Jokes over, can we just get Comet back now please x

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#44What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 4:50pm

So much conflicting information regarding Dreamgirls. Some say its doing everything to get Winter Garden, others say it's not coming at all. According to Casey it's "definitely" coming next year. But who knows... I'm crossing my fingers for a transfer next season despite the reception it's received on the board so far. I'd love for it to take the Imperial (or Marquee) 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Theatrefan2
#45What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 10:23am

Has there been any talk of what is replacing Bad Cinderella ?

I did a search and this was the newest thread that came up

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#46What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 10:41am

Theatrefan2 said: "Has there been any talk of what is replacing Bad Cinderella ?

"

I could see The Outsiders taking this one

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

Jumpin_J
#47What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 10:54am

Updated On: 6/13/23 at 10:54 AM

broadwayben3
#48What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 11:04am

Theatrefan2 said: "Has there been any talk of what is replacing Bad Cinderella ?

"

I was told by a reliable source that it is Bryan Cranston in Damn Yankees this season.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#49What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 11:58am

I heard it was Come Fall in Love, the new Bollywood musical.

Videos