GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#25What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/23/20 at 10:09pm

85% sure it’s Almost Famous.

SouthernCakes
#26What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/23/20 at 10:41pm

Makes sense but wonder if it’s aiming for this season.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#27What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/23/20 at 10:44pm

Looking at the timing, I think it would be unwise of the producers to try to squeeze Almost Famous in before the Tony cutoff. Inheritance closes March 15th, and the Tony cutoff is April 23rd. So in order to get 4 weeks of previews, they'd need to load out Inheritance and load in Almost Famous within a week. I'm not sure if that's possible. But even if it is, and even if Almost Famous is logistically ready to do that (i.e, they've adjusted their set design to the dimensions of the theatre, everyone from the try-out cast is available and ready to hit the ground running, etc.) I still don't think it would be smart for them to try to rush this in, and potentially deny themselves the necessary development time. 

wicked4l
#28What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/23/20 at 11:08pm

Almost Famous is doing another lab in New York shortly but it’s not arriving on Broadway until next season.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#29What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/23/20 at 11:23pm

Also, between THE VISITOR and FLYING OVER SUNSET, it seems almost impossible for Tom Kitt to be available in any real way for ALMOST FAMOUS to come in before the Tony cut-off.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

grumpyoptimist
#30What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 7:33am

grumpyoptimist said: "Several of the Almost Famous cast have been posting this weekend about seeing the other people involved in the show next week. Be willing to bet money it will be announced then, as others here have speculated."

Update: according to Storm Lever's insta, they're recording a "#castalbum" 

Storm Lever Insta: Leaving San Diego for a minute

Theatrefanboy1
#31What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 10:35am

Rebecca

Do you think they would use a smaller theatre for Devil Wears Prada and open it this fall with a limited run this summer.
I wonder if they’d bring TImothee Chalamet over for a eight week run in 4000 miles.

Falsettolands
#32What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 10:49am

If the idea of Almost Famous moving into the Barrymore before this years deadline becomes a reality, Tom Kitt will have two scores eligible for Best Score (Almost Famous and Flying Over Sunset)

Has there ever been a double nomination for Best Score before?

Ledaero Profile Photo
Ledaero
#33What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 10:54am

I wonder if they’d bring TImothee Chalamet over for a eight week run in 4000 miles.

Bringing over 4000 Miles is the most logical and exciting suggestion so far. Not saying it's likely, but at least it's something that sounds like it could actually happen. Almost Famous moving would be crazy. Not enough time for load-in/previews, Tom Kitt is too busy on other projects to be able to rehearse, and cast members have already confirmed that they have other contracts until the fall. So sounds very very unlikely. Many cast albums are recorded months before a Broadway run in order to mix/master it for a release around the time of a show's opening, so I wouldn't think the cast album session is indicative. Particularly if they want to have a single or two for advertising in the coming months.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#34What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 11:12am

4000 Miles doesn't even BEGIN performances in London until April 6th, then it runs through most of May. 

So, needless to say, 4000 Miles will not be coming to NYC this season. 

But I believe the initial press release did say that they intended to have an NYC run, so it's certainly a possibility for the fall or next spring. 

rpvee
#35What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 11:15am

Just bring back The Band’s Visit. xD

ellbellthomps
#36What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 11:20am

God, I usually don't see plays (I always bring my little siblings, so they wouldn't like the no music aspect), but if Timothee is in any show, I will end up spending a ridiculous amount of money to see him.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#37What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 11:41am

Almost Famous coming in for this season is an impossibility. It would have to OPEN by 4/23, not simply start performances. 

DaveyG
#38What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 12:10pm

Falsettolands said: "If the idea of Almost Famous moving into the Barrymore before this years deadline becomes a reality, Tom Kitt will have two scores eligible for Best Score (Almost Famous and Flying Over Sunset)

Has there ever been adouble nominationfor Best Score before?
"

In 2000, Michael John LaChiusa had two nominations in the same season for Marie Christine and Wild Party. The award went to Elton John for Aida. 

Falsettolands
#39What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 2/24/20 at 12:13pm

DaveyG said: "Falsettolands said: "If the idea of Almost Famous moving into the Barrymore before this years deadline becomes a reality, Tom Kitt will have two scores eligible for Best Score (Almost Famous and Flying Over Sunset)

Has there ever been adouble nominationfor Best Score before?
"

In 2000, Michael John LaChiusa had two nominations in the same season for Marie Christine and Wild Party. The award went to Elton John for Aida.
"

Oh you're right! Thanks- I didn't realize Marie Christine was the same season.

ElephantLoveMedley
#40What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/11/22 at 10:24am

What’s Next For The Barrymore?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#41What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/11/22 at 10:25am

Prima Facie next year maybe?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Voter
#42What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/13/22 at 9:04pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Any thoughts? Im not sure what shows are rumored to be looking at coming next season besides K-Pop and (I think) a Funny Girl revival"

K-POP is going to the Circle in the Square theatre. 

PeterC6482
#43What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/14/22 at 2:03pm

"The Piano Lesson" beginning Monday, 9/19.

troynow
#44What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/15/22 at 5:24pm

Updated On: 7/20/22 at 05:24 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#45What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/16/22 at 8:36am

troynow said: ""The Piano Lesson" beginning Monday, 9/19.

Piano Lesson stays at The St,James and Sing Street returns to Broadway at The Barrymore.
"

Sing Street is currently scheduled to play in Boston until October 22nd. Would they then hope to move to Broadway late November? I imagine they would want to take an available theater ASAP, rather than wait until Spring. But, they will have to try to market to the same audience that Almost Famous and & Juliet are trying to grab. Those shows feel like they have more fire under them right now. If a recession is coming, as many speculate, then many shows will struggle.

PeterC6482
#46What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/20/22 at 4:33pm

inception said: "troynow said: ""The Piano Lesson" beginning Monday, 9/19.

Piano Lesson stays at The St,James and Sing Street returns to Broadway at The Barrymore.
"

Sing Street is currently scheduled to play in Boston until October 22nd. Would they then hope to move to Broadway late November? I imagine they would want to take an available theater ASAP, rather than wait until Spring. But, they will have to try to market to the same audience that Almost Famous and & Juliet are trying to grab. Those shows feel like they have more fire under them right now. If a recession is coming, as many speculate, then many shows will struggle.

"

My intuition says that Sing Street wants the Barrymore, but not until next March or April.

The theatre will be empty until then.

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#47What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/20/22 at 5:02pm

You may be right -- seems "troynow" deleted their post today about the coming productions to the St. James and Barrymore... they're renowned for their scoops but interesting this sudden deletion. 

Updated On: 7/20/22 at 05:02 PM

OhHiii
#48What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/20/22 at 6:15pm

Wonder if troynow deleting their post means that perhaps the ITW extension is taking shape and Piano Lesson is indeed moving? ITW is grossing near $2mil a week, they'd be mad not to make an extension work somehow. 

troynow
#49What’s Next For The Barrymore?
Posted: 7/21/22 at 9:57am

You may be right -- seems "troynow" deleted their post today about the coming productions to the St. James and Barrymore... they're renowned for their scoops but interesting this sudden deletion.

Feeling a need to defend my track record here... LOL. Last week it was no way in hell this move was happening a hard no.... and frankly P.L had the upper as they held the lease,  This week, after a major deal with a hefty price tag $$$ PL and agreed to leave the St james. Which is NEW information. LOL. 

Videos