pixeltracker

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)- Page 2

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates and replacements (UPDATED)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#25JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 7/31/21 at 5:45pm

Jordan Catalano said: "There is another possibility, i suppose. A way to really stand out from the crowd and ramp up what I’m sure would be lackluster sales for a while - Idina. She did the workshops and is familiar with the material and a short stint with a ton of publicity is the kind of thing i could see her doing right now. "

Idina’s salary would eat up any box office gusto. She’s not going to do it for scale. If the producers just want publicity, then great. If they want to make a little money casting a name isn’t going to help them. Even a Sherie Rene Scott will be expensive. She’s not desperate for work. Alanis might be the only person to do it on the cheap because it’s her show and she’d want to help them out. 

Im guessing they throw in the understudy to keep the show cheap until Stanley comes back. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#26JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 7/31/21 at 6:01pm

I would like to see Laurel Harris play MJ. She only got to go on for Stanley once before the shutdown (about a week before), and although it was a last-minute "shove with love," from what I heard she absolutely killed it. 

Kelsey Orem can swing on for Harris's chorus tracks (most notably, the teacher in the "Ironic" sequence) and everything will be fine.

Oh look, a bibu!

Zion24
#27JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 7/31/21 at 10:33pm

Spanger is an inspired idea. Would love to see her get a meaty role like this. 

But the attraction here is the soundtrack, I can see them plugging in her understudy and the show doing fine.

SouthernCakes
#28JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 7/31/21 at 11:10pm

Where has Spanger been?! I saw her first preview of The Wedding Singer and thought she was fantastic!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 7/31/21 at 11:16pm

Since we’re taking Wedding Singer cast, I’m gonna throw Felicia Finley into the mix because she has one of the best voices EVER.

Zion24
#30JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/1/21 at 12:28am

SouthernCakes said: "Where has Spanger been?! I saw her first preview of The Wedding Singer and thought she was fantastic!"

I think she's been busy, or was for a while? Matilda, Elf, Chicago a bunch. There was that debacle with Rock of Ages that I've never really understood. But yeah, would love to see her back in something that shows her range (which is considerable). 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#31JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/13/21 at 8:27pm

It looks like Laurel Harris is having a baby in October! Happy for her! I wonder who will be A. playing MJ and B. covering MJ!

I assume we'll hear soon?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#32JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/14/21 at 5:58am

Jane Bruce also covers MJ. Probably won't know cast details and replacements until September sometime.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

alex814
#33JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/14/21 at 11:14am

steven22 said: "It looks like Laurel Harris is having a baby in October! Happy for her! I wonder who will be A. playing MJ and B. covering MJ!

"

They're on the younger side to cover MJ but I'd love to see Tracy McDowell or Haven Burton in this track.

chrishuyen
#34JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 12:20pm

Is it presumed the rest of the cast will be back and/or has anyone else made announcements?

BCfitasafiddle
#35JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 1:09pm

Would Alanis herself consider stepping into the role for a limited engagement? I'd see that.

Zion24
#36JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 1:40pm

alex814 said: "steven22 said: "It looks like Laurel Harris is having a baby in October! Happy for her! I wonder who will be A. playing MJ and B. covering MJ!

"

They're on the younger side to cover MJbut I'd love to see Tracy McDowell or Haven Burton in this track.
"

Id pay $ to see Haven Burton do almost anything, and I'd love for her to get a big lead role she deserves but one of the problems with this show is that its devoid of all humor and Haven's charm/wit oozes out whatever she does. Can't see this being right for her (though shed sing the hell out of it)

alex814
#37JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 5:34pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Would Alanis herself consider stepping into the role for a limited engagement? I'd see that."

I could definitely see that happening. Post-Tony's and after the show's initial popularity has waned. 

JDonaghy4 said: "Id pay $ to see Haven Burton do almost anything, and I'd love for her to get a big lead role she deserves but one of the problems with this show is that its devoid of all humor and Haven's charm/wit oozes out whatever she does. Can't see this being right for her (though shed sing the hell out of it)"

I disagree. While Haven is known for her comedic chops, I don't doubt that she'd be able to handle the show's heavier material. MJ has comedic moments sprinkled throughout the show and Haven would nail them. I also tend to think about all of the different riffs she'd discover in the score. I'd pay top dollar to see her in anything.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#38JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 5:39pm

I also hear Jagged may be getting a new music director soon as well, like its Mickey Mouse Tony competitor Moulin Rouge!. Emily Marshall - of Be More Chill fame - will be replacing Bryan Perri on one of those movable platforms, as he goes to workshop Almost Famous before (I would imagine) it hits Broadway in the spring, as well as work on the productions at his regional theatre he has this season. 

Marshall was learning the show when COVID hit - I hear she had to learn harmonica on the spot for this one!

Oh look, a bibu!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#39JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/16/21 at 6:43pm

Alanis is going on tour now so if she ever does step in, it won’t be when the show reopens.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#40JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/17/21 at 1:35pm

I would love to see Idina do this, especially because she was the one in the original workshop reading. I always wondered why she didn't end up playing the role, but possible timing with Frozen 2 or something?

Anyhow, I don't see her doing it, not because of salary, but because at this point, she'd be a replacement, and it would need to be something they make a HUGE deal out of, and I just don't see that happening, given the weird history with this role. 

ElphabaGoodman
#41JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/17/21 at 1:58pm

BroadwayGirl107 said: "I would love to see Idina do this, especially because she was the one in the original workshop reading. I always wondered why she didn't end up playing the role, but possible timing with Frozen 2 or something?

Anyhow, I don't see her doing it, not because of salary, but because at this point, she'd be a replacement, and it would need to be something they make a HUGE deal out of, and I just don't see that happening, given the weird history with this role.
"

Idina is not going to replace...she was offered to replace in a Tony-winning musical a few years ago and turned it down. 

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#42JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/17/21 at 2:00pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "Idina is not going to replace...she was offered to replace in a Tony-winning musical a few years ago and turned it down."

What musical? If you don't mind me asking.

BCfitasafiddle
#43JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/17/21 at 2:07pm

mattmarkowski99 said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "Idina is not going to replace...she was offered to replace in a Tony-winning musical a few years ago and turned it down."

"

I heard Heidi in Dear Evan Hansen. I could be wrong though. 

ElphabaGoodman
#44JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 8/17/21 at 2:10pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "mattmarkowski99 said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "Idina is not going to replace...she was offered to replace in a Tony-winning musical a few years ago and turned it down."

"

I heard Heidi in Dear Evan Hansen. I could bewrong though.
"

not Evan Hansen

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#45JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/1/21 at 4:48pm

Any recently rumblings on who may be replacing Stanley for the time being? I think Sheri Renee Scott would be perfect, but that may be a long shot. Heidi Blickenstaff follows their Instagram and has been doing a bunch of stuff with Tom Kitt lately. She could be an interesting choice.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#46JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/1/21 at 5:25pm

Heidi Blickenstaff would make a lot of sense and she’d be fantastic. While we’re in that casting pool, has anyone called Julia Murney?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#47JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/1/21 at 5:43pm

Murney was working on the Off-Broadway musical “Between the Lines” at the time of the shutdown… that was pushed back to spring 2021 shortly after the shutdown began, but I have not heard a peep regarding that project (closed or potentially reopening?) since then.

Oh look, a bibu!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#48JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/9/21 at 2:05pm

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 9/9/21 at 02:05 PM

@z5
#49JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates
Posted: 9/9/21 at 3:49pm

This is so ridiculous.

Videos