Beetlejuice casting

Loopin’theloop
#25Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 1/31/22 at 7:20pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "NotThatSmart said: "Wonder if there will be any changes or updates to the book/show?

I think it’s interesting, because this isn’t a “revival” per say, but they do have the ability with the relocation and new cast to change some things if they wanted.
"

I believe it's still being considered the original production, and not a remounting. If there was no pandemic,Beetlejuiceprobably would have found a new space anyway.
"

Without the pandemic there would be no second venue. The government bail out is what is paying for it to move. It wasn’t financially solvent previously. Whether it will it’s audience this time, remains to be seen. 

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#26Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/1/22 at 3:43am

singer234 said: "I can say as a fact they are still holding auditions for a full-time Lydia as of today, so I’m not sure what exactly is going on with the Elizabeth Teeter casting someone previously posted. Who knows!"

Perhaps they are looking for a stand-by or a touring Lydia. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dollypop
#27Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/1/22 at 9:41am

Has there been any buzz about John Stamos taking over for Brightman?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

inception Profile Photo
inception
#28Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/1/22 at 9:51am

John Stamos isn't a big enough name to get me interested, maybe someone else,  but not me.  I didn't want to see this in 2019, & I'll be very disappointed is come July when I travel to NY there isn't something better to see. Right now all I have tickets for are Music Man, Funny Girl,  & Six... and I don't even want to see Six.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#29Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/1/22 at 9:51am

John Stamos isn't a big enough name to get me interested, maybe someone else,  but not me.  I didn't want to see this in 2019, & I'll be very disappointed is come July when I travel to NY there isn't something better to see. Right now all I have tickets for are Music Man, Funny Girl,  & Six... and I don't even want to see Six.

multimattvids
#30Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:38am

I remembered the URL for the cast/creative team on the website, https://beetlejuicebroadway.com/cast-creative. It's hidden on the main website but you can see it with the link. No clue if it's accurate or not but it shows no actress for Lydia yet. Alex, Kerry, David, Adam, Leslie, Kevlin, and Dana are all on it. New names (which leads me to believe this is somewhat legit) include Zonya Love, Kate Bailey, Andrew Kober, Commodore C. Primous III, Graham Stevens.

singer234
#31Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 7:13am

There is also a separate bio for Miss Argentina which makes me wonder if Leslie is cutting that out of her track this time around. Maybe that’s what Amber Ardolino has been hinting at as her next project. Just speculating lol.

Nolan LuPone
#32Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 8:30am

I also noticed that... I think it's strange that Leslie would want to cut this, since she is so great at it and seems to have a lot of fun in the role.

jenn328 Profile Photo
jenn328
#33Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 10:44am

Leslie didn't play the role in DC, but then again it was a MUCH smaller part then due to Boy Inferno.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#34Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 10:51am

Great casting. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#35Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 10:57am

singer234 said: "There is also a separate bio for Miss Argentina which makes me wonder if Leslie is cutting that out of her track this time around. Maybe that’s what Amber Ardolino has been hinting at as her next project. Just speculating lol."

All of Amber's hints point to Funny Girl.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#36Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:15am

Looking at May availability and it looks like they haven't sold barely anything. When are they going to start actually promoting this show?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Nolan LuPone
#37Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:24am

everythingtaboo, I couldn't agree more. It seems like the production team thinks the tickets will sell themselves.

clowchan
#38Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:27am

They took the page down 🤔🤔🤔🤔

jenn328 Profile Photo
jenn328
#39Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:31am

Which just serves to convince me it was accurate.  But someone on FB screenshotted it before it went.

adotburr
#40Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:41am

One of the girl had "... is thrilled to rejoin the Beetlejuice!" or along those lines in her bio which even further proved that page was accurate. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

adotburr
#41Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:47am

everythingtaboo said: "Looking at May availability and it looks like they haven't sold barely anything. When are they going to start actually promoting this show?"

Nolan LuPone said: "everythingtaboo, I couldn't agree more. It seems like the production team thinks the tickets will sell themselves."

I was looking at ticket sales this morning. The first two performances are sold very well. I think first night is sold out and the next night only has like 20 tickets available. But after that, there isn't much sold per performance. With the demand this show had precovid, I thought tickets would sell quickly but I was mistaken. I'm planning to see this in September and was going to grab my ticket now in fear it was selling, but I'll wait for that discount code and then buy. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#42Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 1:12pm

jenn328 said: "Which just serves to convince me it was accurate. But someone on FB screenshotted it before it went."

Are you able to share the screenshot here?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

multimattvids
#43Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "jenn328 said: "Which just serves to convince me it was accurate. But someone on FB screenshotted it before it went."

Are you able to share the screenshot here?
"

https://ibb.co/qF1Wk8x https://ibb.co/TBzJZ5m https://ibb.co/zbWLW70

Here are the links to the ones I took

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#44Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:50pm

I'm just spitballing here, but the fact that Lydia and Miss Argentina are the only roles not already set in stone makes me wonder if the producers are seeking a "celebrity guest" to fill either the leading lady track or the extremely showy cameo role.

Given that the show is supposed to be filmed for distribution, but has no recognizable TV/movie names or faces in it, I'm guessing they're reaching out to people who wouldn't do a full run but might do a few weeks for a splashy cameo. 

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#45Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/3/22 at 11:11pm

I'm really hoping that my wishful thinking is right and that Kim Sava will get to do Miss Argentina as a featured ensemble role.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

windowwaving
#46Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/4/22 at 1:48pm

jonartdesigns said: "I'm really hoping that my wishful thinking is right and that Kim Sava will get to do Miss Argentina as a featured ensemble role."

I actually like the idea of splitting the Miss Argentina role. I remember being so confused because Leslie didn't look that much different as Miss Argentina so I spent a bit of the show trying to figure out what the connection was. I thought Delia might have died? It didn't make sense to me why someone with a large enough role would have to then play a minor character. 

But this is coming from someone who didn't really know the movie beforehand. 

alex814
#47Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/4/22 at 1:59pm

darquegk said: "I'm just spitballing here, but the fact that Lydia and Miss Argentina are the only roles not already set in stone makes me wonder if the producers are seeking a "celebrity guest" to fill either the leading lady track or the extremely showy cameo role.

Given that the show is supposed to be filmed for distribution, but has no recognizable TV/movie names or faces in it, I'm guessing they're reaching out to people who wouldn't do a full run but might do a few weeks for a splashy cameo.
"

I’m wondering if they’re splitting the Miss Argentina track to make sure they only cast a Latina in the role (in light of the Jo controversy at JLP). Kritzer has Puerto Rican heritage but splitting the track means that the casting team wouldn’t have to corner themselves by only casting Latinas as Delia. That, or the alleviating the actress playing Delia from the quick change into Miss Argentina.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#48Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/4/22 at 2:47pm

I know some of Delia's lines were improv by Leslie that gradually made it into the show officially (like "buy more crystals"Beetlejuice casting, but so I don't know what's in the script versus what's just Leslie, but wasn't Delia established as a Jewish Latina in the Broadway show? She definitely references the ghost of her abuela in the bootleg. (But if they're looking for a replacement with some name recognition? SNL star Melissa Villaseñor would be GREAT.)

As far as cutting the quick change: the novelty of the quick change being so quick and so drastic has always been part of the track's star power and they've used it in the marketing repeatedly, so I doubt it's because of that.

Updated On: 2/4/22 at 02:47 PM

Two Kids Broadway
#49Beetlejuice casting
Posted: 2/6/22 at 11:00am

jonartdesigns said: "I'm really hoping that my wishful thinking is right and that Kim Sava will get to do Miss Argentina as a featured ensemble role."

Kim is AMAZING, second that! But she's definitely not coming back. She did say they're reworking some tracks, though, so that lines up with everything else. https://open.spotify.com/show/2EC9dfGQdUaw1jcLT8tI8t 

Videos