pixeltracker

K-POP On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread- Page 2

K-POP On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#25K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 4:30pm

$19? is it not selling well?

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#26K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 5:08pm

19 Broadway debuts so they’re celebrating by selling a limited number of $19 seats to fans at the box office. Oh and box office opens today.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#27K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 5:12pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "$19? is it not selling well?"

We've seen a fair few promotional flash sales like this in recent years; they probably wouldn't be doing it if they were selling like gangbusters, but it also doesn't necessarily mean they're in trouble.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#28K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 5:43pm

Very grateful for the $19 tickets. What a great promotion

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#29K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 8:13pm

Agreed! I stopped by after work and somehow managed to get 2 tix! I wasn't picky with the date but a lot of the preview dates already had the $19 seats sold out. 

Very grateful! I already had tix for first preview purchased before this promo and am glad I get to see it again closer to its opening night!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#30K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 8:27pm

I went late and spent close to an hour on line, but I managed to receive my tix!

Oh look, a bibu!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#31K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/25/22 at 9:07pm

I can't wait to see this! 

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Moreski93
#32K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/8/22 at 3:20pm

Per Zachary Noah Piser’s Instagram (stories), the cast is recording in the studio today. No idea if it’s a cast recording or just preparing “sweetener” tracks. They do have complete sheet music in the images though. But nothing confirmed. Updated On: 9/8/22 at 03:20 PM

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#33K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/8/22 at 5:33pm

The show is about recording artists/groups and a tour inside their studio, so this could be a combination of prerecorded tracks or a cast recording. Either way, can’t wait to hear it!

YvanEhtNioj
#34K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/19/22 at 8:39pm

Im really curious how this will do. there are still LOTS of tickets available for the first week[end] of performances.  

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#35K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/20/22 at 12:38pm

Yup I’m excited!  Can’t believe I saw this off bway 5 years ago. I have my tix for first preview and can’t wait!!!

YvanEhtNioj
#36K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/20/22 at 1:13pm

Omg sameeeee. If you see me say hey! (Face in IG link lol)

I listened to a couple songs last night which got me pretty hyped up. 

hayden6
#37K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/22/22 at 9:47am

YvanEhtNioj said: "Omg sameeeee. If you see me say hey! (Face in IG link lol)

"

Where are you listening? I've tried searching a few times for anything from the off-broadway run and haven't been able to find anything. I'd love to hear a bit ahead of the first preview (which I also have tickets to)!

YvanEhtNioj
#38K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/22/22 at 2:36pm

They did a cabaret style performance of "Climb into my bed" (i think thats the name) that you can find on youtube!

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#39K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/22/22 at 3:00pm

Helen Park has some of the songs on her website, for those interested! 

https://helenparkmusic.com/music

mahnuma
#40K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/2/22 at 6:39am

I got front row tickets for the 14th, and I am just overwhelmed lol. Lu is probably my favorite female KPop artist, and I am amazed at the opportunity to get to see her in this context. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#41K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/22 at 10:53pm

hayden6 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "Omg sameeeee. If you see me say hey! (Face in IG link lol)

"

Where are you listening? I've tried searching a few times for anything from the off-broadway run and haven't been able to find anything. I'd love to hear a bit ahead of the first preview (which I also have tickets to)!
"

Here's a youtube link to Helen Park's evening at 54Below (January 2020) where they performed a few songs from the off-way version of KPOP. I'm not sure which songs will make the cut to Broadway but it will give you an idea of the kind of songs performed.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#42K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/9/22 at 11:00pm

Wick3 said: "hayden6 said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "Omg sameeeee. If you see me say hey! (Face in IG link lol)

"

"

Here's a youtube link to Helen Park's evening at 54Below (January 2020) where they performed a few songs from the off-way version of KPOP. I'm not sure which songs will make the cut to Broadway but it will give you an idea of the kind of songs performed.

"

Helen Park is great but her guest-friend Ashley Park heartcan't wait to see her in Camelot!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#45K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/22 at 2:54pm

I am pumped for this musical!

Oh look, a bibu!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#46K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/22 at 3:22pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photos-Get-a-Sneak-Peek-at-Broadways-KPOP-Beginning-Previews-This-Week-20221011

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
"

Not gonna lie... I was expecting a little more design wise than what is shown in these photos.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#47K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/22 at 3:48pm

bwayphreak234 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photos-Get-a-Sneak-Peek-at-Broadways-KPOP-Beginning-Previews-This-Week-20221011

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
"

Not gonna lie... I was expecting a little more design wise than what is shown in these photos.
"

Came here to say the same thing. I expected a little more flash, but these clips and pictures all look kinda… cheap. Still interested to see this, but if this was meant to up excitement, it’s had kind of the opposite effect on me at least.

YvanEhtNioj
#48K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/22 at 4:53pm

K-POP is one of my fav genres but it's hella niche. I dont know how well this will translate to the masses UNLESS they aren't even trying to appeal to them and want to stick to the teens-to-late-20's (and gays) demographic K-POP is known for.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#49K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 10/11/22 at 5:09pm

I'm quite excited! These photos seem just ok in terms of scenic design. I'm guessing it's comparable to SIX in terms of the cast giving a concert? 

Having seen the show off-broadway, I'm curious how they'll show MWE's suite and the 'factory'. 

Regardless I'm still excited. I have tix for Thursday evening!

Videos