pixeltracker

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein- Page 2

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#25First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 7/8/22 at 3:01pm

OMG!!...please let this be a great film about one of my Hero's!!...Leonard Bernstein and i share the same last name...and ever since i was a very young boy i have listened to his music...

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#26First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/1/23 at 5:02pm

Maestro will stream on Netflix beginning December 20, 2023.

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#27First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/2/23 at 4:02am

Matt Bomer.  I'm in.  

Musicaldudepeter
#28First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/2/23 at 4:29am

Bradley looks terrifying. Did they give him two big ears and a big nose? It looks kind of ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the other actors play the various Broadway names - Michael Urie appears as Jerome Robbins. I wonder do we have an Arthur Laurents and Stephen Sondheim? 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#29First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/2/23 at 8:43am

He was fairly terrifying toward the end, his once handsome face bloated and disfigured by years of hard living.

KevinKlawitter
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#31First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 10:57am

Gorgeous teaser. Fascinating that Carey Mulligan is first-billed.

And look at Gideon Glick making out with Lenny!

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#32First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 3:23pm

Impeach2017 said: "He was fairly terrifying toward the end, his once handsome face bloated and disfigured by years of hard living."

What? He looked like a normal old man.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#33First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 4:24pm

Impeach2017 said: "He was fairly terrifying toward the end, his once handsome face bloated and disfigured by years of hard living."

What on Earth are you talking about?!  This is him shortly before he passed away at age 72.  

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#34First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 4:32pm

i'm brave enough to say it:

Lenny Bernstein was hot at all stages of life.

Dom P
#35First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 5:58pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "i'm brave enough to say it:

Lenny Bernstein was hot at all stages of life.
"

One hopes the same for Bradley Cooper. For sure, he's hot now. Ive never seen him really awful in anything. Imho, A Star is Born was very well done.

With Spielberg and Scorcese as co-producers,I believe it will be very,very good. Looking forward to it. For certain, Netflix will screen it at the Paris in NY and hopefully in limited runs elsewhere.

Alex Kulak2
#36First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 7:04pm

You think we'll get anything about the development of West Side Story? Who could play a 20-something Sondheim?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#37First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 7:58pm

Alex Kulak2 said: "You think we'll get anything about the development of West Side Story? Who could play a 20-something Sondheim?"

The film focuses on his relationship with his wife Felicia. Also, the film is about 2 hours so I’m sure any mention of WEST SIDE STORY will be quite brief. Had it been a limited series, I’m sure more than an episode would have been devoted strictly to WEST SIDE STORY. Michael Urie plays Jerome Robbins but alas, it could be just a cameo as has been the case in many biopics. We’ll have to wait and see and just hope. yes

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#38First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 10:26pm

I'm still looking forward to it but what a tedious bore of a teaser and was he always with cigarette? 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#39First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 10:31pm

Robbie2 said: "I'm still looking forward to it but what a tedious bore of a teaser and was he always with cigarette?"

Always. And it killed him. Sondheim was a chain smoker too until his heart attack.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#40First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 10:54pm

According to IMDB, Nick Blaemire and Mallory Portnoy are playing Adolph Green & Betty Comden. There are a bunch of extras listed as "1940s audience member" so it could be that they focus on his first Bway success (ON THE TOWN) and then jump to later in his life, skipping WSS. We'll find out after September 2 when it screens at Venice Film Fest!

Matt Bomer and Josh Hamilton have unknown roles. I wonder if one of them could be playing Marc Blitzstein? He was a major figure (& lover) in LB's life.

Greg Hildreth is also in it playing a character named Isaac.

Updated On: 8/15/23 at 10:54 PM

KevinKlawitter
#41First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 11:18pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "According to IMDB, Nick Blaemire andMallory Portnoyare playing Adolph Green & Betty Comden. There are a bunch of extras listed as "1940s audience member" so it could be that they focus on his first Bway success (ON THE TOWN) and then jump to later in his life, skipping WSS. We'll find out after September 2 when it screens at Venice Film Fest!

Matt Bomer and Josh Hamilton have unknown roles. I wonder if one of them could be playingMarc Blitzstein? He was a major figure (& lover) in LB's life.

Greg Hildreth is also in it playing a character named Isaac.
"

Matt Bomer's character hasn't been named yet in the press, but he's definitely playing one of Bernstein's lovers. The part was described as such in the trades and there are set pics of him and Cooper kissing.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#42First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/15/23 at 11:43pm

So just to make sure I understand…

Unknown Cuban-American actress who can “pass” onstage as ethnically Jewish playing Fanny Brice = bad

Bradley Cooper wearing a large fake nose in order to look more ethnically Jewish playing Leonard Bernstein = good

Do I have that right?

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#43First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 12:31am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "So just to make sure I understand…

Unknown Cuban-American actress who can “pass” onstage as ethnically Jewish playing Fanny Brice = bad

Bradley Cooper wearing a large fake nose in order to look more ethnically Jewish playing Leonard Bernstein = good

Do I have that right?
"

To complicate things further, Carey Mulligan is playing a Costa Rican–Jewish woman (albeit one who was white-passing and tried very hard to assimilate).

Felicia María Cohn Montealegre was born on February 6, 1922 in San José, Costa Rica[4] to Clemencia Cristina Montealegre Carazo,[5] and Roy Elwood Cohn,[6] a United States mining executive then stationed in Costa Rica.

Educated in Chile, she was raised Catholic, and later converted to Judaism, when marrying Leonard Bernstein (her own paternal grandfather had been Jewish).[8]

Updated On: 8/16/23 at 12:31 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#44First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 7:56am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "So just to make sure I understand…

Do I have that right?
"

1. I hear you.

2. I'm guessing it has more to do with LOOKING like Bernstein, than it looking Jewish.

3. Can we add to the list Mirren playing Golda Meir seems to just fine. 

Your point to chosen "outrage" rings very true. For the record, as a Jew myself, these things don't concern me on a personal level, maybe because there are many Jewish people involved in the performing arts as performers and behind the scenes.  Good acting is good acting. 

Ermengarde - I caught Gideon, too! Ran over to IMDB to make sure I saw what I saw!  Good for him!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#45First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 10:47am

I don’t know if people DO think the nose is a good thing, in fact I can see a guardian article already reporting outrage. However, the family have spoken in defence and support of these choices. “We’re perfectly fine [with this]..we’re also certain that our dad would be fine with it as well. It happens to be true that Leonard Bernstein had a nice, big nose”. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#46First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 11:10am

This has just been announced for New York Film Festival, where it will make its North American Premiere on October 2nd following the Venice Film Festival debut.

Fittingly, it will play David Geffen Hall.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/bradley-cooper-maestro-new-york-film-festival-1235567560/

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#47First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 12:19pm

Bradley Cooper accused of ‘Jewface’ over prosthetic nose in Leonard Bernstein biopic ‘Maestro’

I think the (alleged) controversy over the nose is ridiculous and overblown. 

Updated On: 8/16/23 at 12:19 PM

JSquared2
#48First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 12:37pm

I haven't seen people get this worked up over a 90 second trailer since [insert name of last movie musical trailer].  It'll be fun to see y'all losing your sh*t when the full movie comes out! 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport

Videos