ljay889
#25INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 12:53pm

Is the dreadful community chorus gone?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 1:06pm

Yeah, no more community chorus. Thank God. 

bstoll1
#27INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 2:09pm

I lost the lucky seat lottery but did get this message with a discount code.

We didn’t want to leave you empty-handed though, so we would like to invite you to join us at this performance and save 20%* on select seats.

Enter access code ITWNWPO to take advantage of this special offer just for lottery entrants. Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office. But don't wait until your last midnight - this offer is only valid until curtain time for each performances. 

*Additional fees may apply. ALL SALES FINAL. No exchanges, no refunds. This offer is subject to availability. Cannot be combined with another offer and is not valid on previously purchased tickets. Valid only for performance on June 28 at 8pm. Not valid in all sections. IMPORTANT NOTE: This offer is being brought to you by Into the Woods. Supply may be limited. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#28INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 2:20pm

Usually I want high production value, but the Gypsy transfer to the same space was a masterpiece I saw twice in one week. So I would probably see this a few times.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#30INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 3:51pm

$50 for a digital lottery is grotesque. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#31INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:00pm

It's Broadway. It's a very limited engagement. The cast is a huge draw. Inflation.

Grotesque? Please. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#32INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:01pm

jkcohen626 said: "$50 for a digital lottery is grotesque."

Yeah… but at least it’s not $76!

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 6/28/22 at 04:01 PM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#33INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:04pm

The other Lucky Seat Broadway lotteries are $47.50 including fess, so not sure how $50 including fees makes the leap to grotesque.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#34INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:04pm

jkcohen626 said: "$50 for a digital lottery is grotesque."

Hardly what I would call "grotesque"...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#35INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 4:08pm

Any reports yet as to where the lotto seats are located?

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

TaffyDavenport
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#37INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 8:06pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Merch:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRef1rDj
"

Dammit - no windowcard makes me sad

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#38INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 8:32pm

There’s still time to print windowcards. I can’t imagine they won’t have one eventually.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#39INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 9:27pm

They had windowcards for Encores! so I’m sure it’s just a matter of time. 

Can’t wait to wake up to all of y’alls early reports!! 

Scott Stephen
#40INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 9:37pm

At intermission right now, the returning cast members are stronger than ever, and the highlight of the newbies is absolutely Phillipa Soo, whose Cinderella is so sweet, silly, and likeable. She’s fantastic. As is the rest of this splendid cast. The audience is so excited to be here tonight and there’s just a lot of love in this theatre. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#41INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 10:50pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfXqCTQOn4Z/

The last slide captures the opening moments of the first preview of the first post-Sondheim Sondheim revival on Broadway. This crowd sounds absolutely electric!

Oh look, a bibu!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#42INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:08pm

The show is in great shape. Not quite as fine tuned as it was at Encores, but the cast will only get better! I can’t wait to go back. 

I have to mention the audience though. “YASSSSS”s and “WORK!!!”s filling the air, awkward attempts at starting applause after lines like “ask a wolf’s mother,” laughter during the quieter moments, hooting and hollering every single time an actor left the stage (and in some cases every time they returned), the man in front of me “conducting” the entire score with his hands, etc. I’m all for expressing yourself in the theater - a lively audience is always better than a dead one - but this was teetering across the line of inappropriate, at least around me. 

I also obviously realize it was a first preview. But I’ve had more bad audience experiences since the reopening than I can think of. People need to get it together and realize they’re not at a gay bar watching Drag Race.

Contrary to how that all may sound, I’m hardly a curmudgeon - enjoy yourself, express yourself - we are all beyond thrilled that theater is back - but remember how to conduct yourselves, people. 

Updated On: 6/29/22 at 11:08 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#43INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:15pm

The crowd was quite vocal at Encores too (by Encores standards). But I'm sure there's a lot of first-preview superfans there and the audiences will be calmer as the run goes on.

How's Patina?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#44INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:22pm

Talk to me about Phillipa and Brian. 

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#45INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:23pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The crowd was quite vocal at Encores too (by Encores standards). But I'm sure there's a lot of first-preview superfans there and the audiences will be calmer as the run goes on.

How's Patina?
"

The Encores audience was a nunnery compared to the people around me tonight.  The Encores crowd at least felt a lot more appropriate and respectful. Vocal, sure, but also respectful. 

Patina was really strong. I still don’t know if I’m sold on playing The Witch with a lack of comedy, but she’s funnier and looser than Heather. 

A few sound issues too, but I’m sure they’ll be ironed out. It’s a wonderful production. 

Updated On: 6/29/22 at 11:23 PM

TaffyDavenport
Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#47INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:24pm

Sutton Ross said: "It's Broadway. It's a very limited engagement. The cast is a huge draw. Inflation.

Grotesque? Please.
"

Excuse you. You complained about the price of tickets just a few posts back. 

Scott Stephen
#48INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:29pm

Agreed that Patina has a funnier witch than Headley. She didn’t quite reach some of the emotional places Headley could but she had her moments and still really made the character her own. And her voice is just so easy on the ears, it’s such a treat to hear her croon this score. 

As I mentioned before I thought Phillipa was brilliant and probably the best new addition to the cast. Brian was also good, and I feel sort of the opposite about him and Neil Patrick Harris, in that Harris had better comedic timing but James really found some wonderful emotional resonance, particularly in the latter half of Act 2. His No More was so beautifully realized.

TaffyDavenport
#49INTO THE WOODS Previews
Posted: 6/28/22 at 11:37pm

INTO THE WOODS Previews

Videos