pixeltracker

The My First Broadway Show thread- Page 2

The My First Broadway Show thread

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#25re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:18pm

december 26th, 1992. The Secret Garden. Still have the playbill!

J-Pill Profile Photo
J-Pill
#26re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:18pm

First Broadway tour was ...ah, forget it. I don't remember.

First show to see ON Broadway was Gypsy (2003 Revival). Updated On: 9/17/04 at 06:18 PM

Mythus
#27re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:21pm

I saw CATS at the Winter Garden in...'97, maybe? I don't remember much about the show. I remember the back wall turning into the ship, which was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Also, during intermission, a guy proposed to his girl onstage (they'd blocked some of it off, and Victoria was selling calendars). They left and missed the second act, which I thought was silly. I would've stayed and watched the show.

#28re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:27pm

hmm, my first touring show REALLY professionally was phantom of the opera in 2002(maybe 1?) i think. i didn't like it too much during the show, but in the 5 minutes after it ended, it became one of my favorites, still is today. what an amazing show. then i saw millie in august of 03. had an understudy, megan campbell who was amazing!

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#29re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:35pm

"Beauty and the Beast" in December 2001, with Sarah Litzinger and Steve Blanchard.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#30re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:42pm

Sadly, SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE - 1996, in a 5th grade field trip.

Unless you count RCMH's CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#31re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:42pm

Beauty & The Beast - February, 1995

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Jon
#32re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:57pm

OLIVER - April, 1964 - I was 5 years old!

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#33re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:58pm

DREAMGIRLS - Junior High Trip - Imperial Theatre, 1982

TheAudrey3 Profile Photo
TheAudrey3
#34re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 6:59pm

Well my first show was the Kennedy Center BatB in about '96, followed by Cats at the National Theatre... and then Millie tour last year and my first REAL broadway show was.... Wicked. *DUCKS*

"It does what a musical's supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue."

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#36re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:37pm

First Broadway tour....CHICAGO....Seattle Wa..starring Belle Callaway....I cried
First Broadway show....The Boy From Oz in March.....and I cried.....I Love Broadway!!!

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#37re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:44pm

Les Miserables. I was probably about 7, and I cried on the way home because my parents said I couldn't be little Cosette.
I remeber exactaly where we sat and everything (including how scared I was whenever the Thenardiers came on).

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak
Updated On: 9/17/04 at 07:44 PM

megannn33
#38re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 7:49pm

MINE WAS ALSO BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#39re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 8:37pm

My first was Guys & Dolls, probably when I was 1 or 2. It was back in the early 90s. My parents say I sat through it and really enjoyed it... They filmed me singing "Adelaide's Lament" and "Take Back Your Mink" when I was 4, so I guess I really did like it... I really don't remember it, but Guys & Dolls has always been one of my favorite shows.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

Twilight Profile Photo
Twilight
#40re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 8:48pm

My first tour was The Phantom of the Opera, but I don't remember much of it. All I remrmber is at one point, I really had to pee, so I got up and went, then the usher woman wouldn't let me back in for a while.

Then, my first broadway show was RENT. I was so excited, because Jeremy Kushiner was Roger, and I adore him. I was also given the Privilege to see Scary Spice... and she was terrible! She cracked MAGORLY at the end of "Light my Candle"

I can't control my destiny. I trust my soul my only goal is just to be

Up In Won
#41re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 8:55pm

Beauty and the Beast. I was like, seven, so nine years ago. That would be 1995, right? Wow. I'm so slick with numbers.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#42re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 9:45pm

The Rocky Horror Show- October '99

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

HeartinNYC Profile Photo
HeartinNYC
#43re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/17/04 at 9:49pm

"A Chorus Line", Summer of 1977. I was obnoxious enough to buy the cast recording and dance around my bedroom for years afterwards, driving my poor mother completely insane.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...unless that's mine in the first place.

lvpblues
#44re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 2:33am

March 15, 2000

Miss Saigon

Was coming down with a horrible illness at the time. Ride to the city was nausea. Show itself - I was feverish and thought I was hallucinating when it came time for the helicopter scene. I wasn't missing my first B'way show for anything. Every show since has been a remarkably better experience, thank God.

~K

Ebonic_Singer
#45re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 2:54am

Peter Pan, I don't remember when. I loved it.

I worked with one of the actors in the show in a later show and didn't even know it until 3 months after production.

Effie
#46re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 4:42am

Shenandoah with the great John Cullum. 1975, I think. I was eleven and cried because I thought it was so beautiful. I think that was my mother's first clue that I was "that way."

edfu
#47re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 4:47am

Oh, you kids! My first was "Li'l Abner" in 1957, and I still have that Playbill. After that were the original "Flower Drum Song" and "The Music Man," with the incomparable Robert Preston and the divine Barbara Cook. I have those Playbills as well!

SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!! Profile Photo
SeeIreallycouldn'tSING!!
#48re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 2:52pm

my first broadway show was 1776 it was the 5th grade graduation feild trip. Leave it to my school to see an educational show. I remember loving it though.

BwayTheatre11
#49re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 2:55pm

First Broadway national tour: Footloose. The 1st stop of the 1st national tour in Cleveland, December 1998. I didn't save the playbill. re: The My First Broadway Show thread

CCM '10!
Updated On: 9/18/04 at 02:55 PM

MargoChanning
#50re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 5:36pm

A revival of "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart, Helen Hayes and Jesse White when I was 4. A year later I saw "Fiddler On The Roof" and "Man of La Mancha" which, in the early 70's, were both in the last year of their original Broadway runs.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Videos