Made you cry?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#25re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 7:49pm

RENT,Wicked,Aida (I along with the rest of the sunday mat crowd in the mezz were bawling) , You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (the ending is so bitter sweet) , Ragtime , Beauty And The Beast

But hey, i cry at hallmark commercials... it doesn't take much for me.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#26re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 7:52pm

I cried the second time i saw CABARET but not the first. Adam Pascal's 'I Don't Care Much' was so powerful I just couldn't help it. I saw Katrina Yaukey as Sally and her 'Cabaret' got me going too. That doesn't even compare to RENT though, i was crying hysterically, and I'm not a big crier! AIDA and LES MIZ made me sad, but no tears.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#27re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 7:57pm

Les Miz got me a bit, and it always gets me during One Day More and the Finale.

But I never thought I'd ever cry as hard as I did when I saw Wicked.

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#28re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:00pm

I completely lose during the finale of The Phantom of the Opera. I have seen POTO seven times, and lose it at each performance. I recently saw it on Broadway with Howard McGillin (Absolutely AMAZING!!!), and have never cried as much as I did then....Howard's performance was so perfect! I also lost it during Les Mis and Titanic.

Bye!

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#29re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:16pm

#1) the ending of Falsettos (What Would I Do?) every time

#2) Bui Doi - Miss Saigon Updated On: 11/17/03 at 08:16 PM

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:21pm

Bui Doi is in Miss Saigon, not Les Miz

Alex the Cat Profile Photo
Alex the Cat
#31re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:26pm

Golda's Balcony- sobbed through the whole thing- really emotionally shattering play, especially because it's all true.

Even after the lights came up, I couldn't move- sat in my seat for a good 10 minutes.

BroadwayGal Profile Photo
BroadwayGal
#32re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:27pm

DEFINITELY Les Miz and parts of Wicked sure jerked tears out of me!!

*Don't dream too far, don't lose sight of who you are*

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#33re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:45pm

I cry when Eponine dies in Les Miz.

Oh, god I forgot about that! How could I forget Les Mis? Oh man... 'A Little Fall of Rain' killed me.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

BwayTheatre11
#34re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 8:53pm

RENT, Tick Tick Boom, AIDA. I didn't cry, but they were moving.

CCM '10!

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#35re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:12pm

The ending of Miss Saigon got me both times I saw it in London

Take care

Maggie Profile Photo
Maggie
#36re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:17pm

Rent and Miss Saigon.

#37re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:32pm

JCS

QueenMaureen
#38re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:33pm

"One Day More" and "On My Own" from Les Mis always make me cry. My best friend and I were sobbing during Rent...

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#39re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:40pm

Miss Saigon, and I'm reading "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire, and I've shed a few tears. I feel so bad for her! And I cry in Gypsy during the reprise of "Small World."

For the record, I still cry when I watch Bambi.

#40re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:42pm

Billy died in Carousel

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#41re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:42pm

Wow...I don't think I've ever really cried at a show. Argh! I cry whenever I listen to "The Impossible Dream" though, if that counts.

I went to go see Brother Bear for the second time yesterday and that made me cry. I remember crying watching Air Bud, too.

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#42re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:55pm

I cried when I saw LSOH, but for a different reason.

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#43re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 9:59pm

Oh god, let's just say if I cry, that means the show will be a hit.

I cried from laughing so hard at the "Even for now....George Bush!" line in Avenue Q

I cried when the Baker's Wife died/Baker's Wife ghost came back/No One is Alone in Into the Woods, when Amneris came out and sang I Know the Truth and when Aida/Radames died in Aida, Cabaret at the very end when the Emcee shows his pink triangle and they all go into the gas chamber. It was so scary and real. And I cried at when I saw The Last Five Years when Sherie sang "I want to be your wife/I want to bear your child." and the unison at the very end between the two.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#44re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 10:54pm

Miss Saigon and Les Miz

But the one that TORE ME UP was W;t at the Alley Theatre in Houston. Vivian was played by the woman who created the role, Megan Cole. I was so screwed up at the end I could barely clap. I immediately rushed down to my office (I worked there) and cried for a while at my desk. I dunno what overcame me, but it was truly one of those rare life-changing experiences you get in the theatre.

MusicMan
#45re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 11:04pm

The only musical that has made me weep in the last 15 years is ABBYSSINIA (sp?). Saw it over a decade ago in Cleveland. It truly earned its emotional response and has an incredible score. I don't know why that show isn't playing in NY right now. It would blow everything on Broadway right out of the water.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#46re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 11:24pm

When I first saw Le Miz in L.A. I was totally swept away. Well, my poor mother was having quite a bit of back pain that night and it was all she could do to sit there for three plus hours. At the very end, when all the ghosts start appearing, I got the biggest lump in my throat, and I thought I was gonna lose it. Right as Eponine walked out in the costume she wore earlier, (every other ghost was in white) my Mother turned to me and said, rather loudly, “Why isn’t SHE wearing white?” Boy did that ruin it for me. We had a good laugh about it later.

When I finally saw Jennifer Holiday do DREAMGIRLS, at the end of the first act I was bawling like a baby.

For a time, also, I could not see a production or listen to La Mancha without crying.

PEACE.

bestofbroadway
#47re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 11:36pm

I am one of those people who just can't cry at shows. I have been chocked up at several shows- The ending of Carousel and Ragtime to name a few. But the only time I have ever cried in the theater (and this is really sad) was at the end of the first act in the Sondheim Celebration's production of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE. Possibly the most brilliant piece of choral work ever written for musical theater, I was so overcome with emotions. Combine the brilliant music with Raul Esparza, Melissa Errico and 15 other amazingly talented actors and I was a basketcase. I felt ridiculous when the lights came up at the end of the first act. It just goes to show that a lot of the best and most powerful theater isn't even on Broadway.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#48re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/17/03 at 11:56pm

6 years ago, they tried to bring "abyssinia" to bway with a bunch of producers but, it just didn't work out... sad the music was great..

I also forgot to add how much I cried during "tick tick boom" only when raul was jonathan... the last 20 minutes of the show was heartbreaking.

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#49re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Made you cry?
Posted: 11/18/03 at 1:14am

I always got checked up during Jean Valjean's Will scene at the end of Les Miz. Annd Impossible Dream in Man Of La Mancha...amazing show.

Videos