pixeltracker

Cast Albums you want re-recorded- Page 2

Cast Albums you want re-recorded

Marguerite Chauvelin
#25re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:31pm

I want Woman in White re-recorded with the Broadway Cast. I also second Becky2, I love Canadian Phantom (yay Colm!)

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#26re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:45pm

OoO... that reminds me there should be a Scarlet Pimpernel recording that, I guess at the very least, reflects more the way the songs are, and their order for the licensed version... with some dialogue too because some of those scenes are so funny...

#27re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:45pm

The Visit.....just once!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#28re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:30pm

Wish CATS could be re-recorded w/ Liz Callaway singing Memory. She's such a phenominal performer. Can't think of any others at this moment...I kinda wanna sleep right now :-P

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#29re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:01pm

Another vote for Hairspray. I'm pretty sure the OBCR was recorded before or while the show was in previews, so a lot of the dialogue and lyrics have changed since then.

I also agree that the current cast is vocally superior to the original. I love Harvey, but I honestly think he doesn't sound very good on the recording. I think he might've been sick in the studio, because he sounds more raspy than usual. And although Marissa was an energetic and loveable Tracy, her voice is a bit nervewracking on the recording (read: can't be tolerated at a high volume when I'm blasting the CD at home or in the car re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded ).

On the subject of Harvey, I wish they had recorded the Fiddler revival with him and Andrea Martin rather than with Alfred. I'm sure Alfred was wonderful on stage, but he comes across somewhat bland on the CD.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#30re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:29pm

Chitty with Raul

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#31re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:46pm

tick...tick..BOOM with better vocal talent

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#32re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:00pm

PIPPIN with Michael Arden and most of the World's Aids Day cast!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#33re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:12pm

1. I was mad that Chitty didn't get a recording. It would've sold, with all the 5 year olds and their parents. But I really love that cast!!

2. HAIRSPRAY. Harvey, Shannon Durig, Stephen DeRosa, Tracy Miller, Tevin Campbell, Chloe Smith, Laura Bell Bundy, Leah Hocking. Wow, that would be hot!

3. Wouldn't a cd of Rent be amazing if it had the "favorite" songs sung by several different mixes of cast members? Like, Anthony and Adam, but also Drew Lachey, Joey Fatone, Will Chase, Matt Caplan, etc., and not just Daphne singing "Out Tonight" but also a version of Karmine's, one of Caren's, etc.

4. Ideally I would've loved a new recording of the recent Fiddler revival when Harvey joined the cast. I'm all about that guy!

5. I agree that Eden/Megan should have a recording for Wicked.

6. I liked that flop called Lennon... it really should've gotten a recording!

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#34re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:47pm

yes! Lennon!

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#35re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:50pm

I know this was 15 years ago, but the Gypsy revival starring Tyne Daly!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

2 Profile Photo
#36re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:56pm

3. Wouldn't a cd of Rent be amazing if it had the "favorite" songs sung by several different mixes of cast members? Like, Anthony and Adam, but also Drew Lachey, Joey Fatone, Will Chase, Matt Caplan, etc., and not just Daphne singing "Out Tonight" but also a version of Karmine's, one of Caren's, etc.

RIGHT ON!! except no Joey....or Mel B. *shudder*....

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#37re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:06pm

I'd like a re-recorded cast album for MISS SAIGON after Lea Salonga got vocal training. While there's a natural sweetness to her voice in the OLC, there were parts of that recording that sound almost like reckless singing. Lea's voice just opened up so much after she vocally trained, and there's a big difference in how she sings in the OLC and how she sang and, more importantly, how her voice sounded by the time she opened SAIGON in New York.

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#38re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:43pm

Beauty and the Beast should be re-recorded with Ashley Brown!

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

Chrysanthemum62001
#39re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 10:44pm

Hedwig with Michael Cerveris.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#40re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 10:47pm

I'll second that, Chrysanthemum, he was so fantastic in Hedwig.

ShutterBug Profile Photo
ShutterBug
#41re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 10:53pm

I really hope to get a cast recording of the Euro cast of Wicked.
I would also REALLY like an american recording of the Woman in White but I guess that really won't be happening now.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#42re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 11:08pm

You took the words right out of my mouth bigrab,i haven't even seen Ashley Brown, but based on the clips on here and broadway.com a recording with her would sound amazing. PLus we'd finally get " A Change In Me."

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#43re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/1/06 at 11:34pm

rent- just add the dialogue bits in so its the WHOLE show...maybe a live recording of the 10th anniversary performance

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#44re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 1:37am

With the incoming revival of A CHORUS LINE maybe we will finally get a recording that has the complete score (and maybe more dialogue) from this ground-breaking musical.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Urban
#45re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 1:55am

Just as long as 'Suprise, Suprise' isn't on any Complete recording of ACL! Ick.

Plum
#46re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 2:03am

Bernadette Peters' Gypsy. What I heard onstage was worlds away from the more lackluster performance on the CD.

And word on the original Follies cast. Gah.

rickydrummer
#47re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 6:46am

I agree about "Lennon." No matter what you say about the show as a whole, can you really criticize the talent of the cast? I really loved the show, but I can understand where many of its critics were coming from. As for the music, you really can't go wrong with that brilliant cast singing John Lennon.

goldes
#48re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 1:40pm

I'd just like it if every night the live performances were recorded and available for purchase after the show. The technology itself is quite easy, and a lot of pop/rock concerts are offering this now. And that way, audiences can take home a unique souvenir. Replacement casts are always recorded (though maybe not available in stores), and performers/band members get a little extra for every CD sold. It's such a simple idea, I can't believe producers haven't caught on yet.

#49re: Cast Albums you want re-recorded
Posted: 3/2/06 at 4:09pm

i would love to have a BWAY Cast recording of The Woman in White.
i also can't wait for the new "A Chorus Line" recording to come out...don't get me wrong, i love the original but i am sick of hearing the same voices over and over again, esp. priscilla lopez. (i love her, but i hate her in "nothing")

Videos