News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Tony Performances 2007

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#25re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 3:14pm

Darlin', I don't hope--I know. re: Tony Performances 2007

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#26re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 3:18pm

Excellent news...I can't wait to see the look of Mary Louise Wilson's face when I ask her to sign my playbill of HOT SPOT! Love her. And love the fact that she was in a flop with Judy Holliday and is still around to talk about it.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#27re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 5:36pm

I'd say A CHORUS LINE will probably do "I HOPE I GET IT" like the first times. Or a medly of "AT THE BALLET", "THE MUSIC AND THE MIRROR", and "ONE" depending onwhat actors are nominated.

Mattbrain
#28re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 6:20pm

I say:

Mary Poppins--Step In Time

Spring Awakening--The Bitch of Living

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

neddyfrank2
#29re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:48pm

Mattbrain- Are you saying that song from Spring Awakening because that is the only one you have heard?

I garuntee you that CURTAINS will do Show People.
Updated On: 11/11/06 at 07:48 PM

neddyfrank2
#30re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:48pm

Double Post Updated On: 11/11/06 at 07:48 PM

bwayondabrain
#31re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:54pm

Mary Poppins- Supercaljhwelkfjlk;sjf... :P
Grey Gardens- Revolutionary Costume probably (and this show better not be closed by then)
Pirate Queen- something showcasing Stephanie I'd assume
Spring Awakening- dont know yet...
Curtains- dont know yet...
A Chorus Line- a medley or One
Company- maybe a bit of Company, or as said earlier, Being Alive (and if its a medley, i hope its better than Sweeney's!)

Yankeefan007
#32re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:55pm

Way too early to tell.

FoscasBohemianDream
#33re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:58pm

I actually believe there's a bigger chance of Curtains doing "A Tought Act to Follow" which features David Hyde Pierce (whose performance in Curtains is Tony-worthy) and stopped the show when I saw the show in LA.
If Ebersole and Grey Gardens get a Tony nomination I am sure she will be performing at the Tonys regardless of whether the show is still running or not.

thevolleyballer
#34re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 7:58pm

"I garuntee you that CURTAINS will do Show People."

Oh, my gosh, I hope not. I despise that song. It's terribly slow and one of the slowest numbers in the show. I wish they'd do "Kansasland" or "The Woman's Dead." Those would definitely get some ticket-buyers.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#35re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 8:03pm

When was the role about closed shows performing thrown in?

Wasn't Side Show and the Dead both closed by tony time?

neddyfrank2
#36re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 8:07pm

I think that Kansasland and The Womans's Dead will give them the wrong opinion about the show.

I really would like them to do "She did it" but i doubt it.

Depending on if Debrah Monk or Karen Ziemba get nominated I can see them doing the song about the critics and Show people.

But I bet you that they will do Show People.

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#37re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 10/24/06 at 8:12pm

Spring Awakening will be hard. I don't know much of the music but I don't know if they would broadcast "Bitch Of living" It might just cross the line. And then there is the song "totaly F***" but those are the only songs i know

Mattbrain
#38re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 3:57pm

I've heard The Bitch of Living and Totally F*CKED. I think Bitch of Living is the only one they can pull off on tv.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

mijofly19
#39re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 4:29pm

CapnHook, Hot Feet opened in April of last year, so it isn't eligible.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#40re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 4:42pm

Oh God. Already?
Well, I can tell you right now that Grey Gardens will have something from the second act. (Usually, the Tony number is supposed to be fairly peppy and uplifiting, but I'd love to see "Another Winter in a Summer Town" done.) I'm sure Poppins will do "Supercal..." or "Step in Time" and I'm possitive that "A Chorus Line" will do a little bit of "God, I Hope I Get It" leading into "One." As for the others, who knows?

singingshowgirl Profile Photo
singingshowgirl
#41re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 5:01pm

i like two peas in a pod...i wish they would do that for grey gardens!! or mother darling.....i think i was a rare person who liked Act 1 better than Act 2 of grey gardens

supercal or step in time for mary poppins

def god i hope i get it/one for chorus line

les miz: red and black or one day more lol

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#42re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 5:23pm

I feel that it really can't be decided until nominations come out.

I mean, perhaps, if Natali Cortez is nominated, she might sing "WHAT I DID FOR LOVE" or a piece of it.

And if Ashley Brown doesn't get a nominated and Gavin Lee does, I don't see them doing a song with her as the lead vocalist, but rather him.

Same goes for LES MIS. I actually just see them doing ONE DAY MORE. But if only Gemgnani is nominated, I see him singing "BRING HIM HOME".

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#43re: Tony Performances 2007
Posted: 11/11/06 at 5:58pm

grey gardens medly?

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#44GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 6:42pm

I absolutely LOATHE medley performances.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#45GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 6:56pm

So do I. It doesn't capture the show at all. In the case of A Chorus Line, it does in a way, but it wouldn't capture the brilliance of Ebersole and company in Grey Gardens.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#46GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 7:01pm

A Chorus Line can do a medley if they want, I don't like the show anyway.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Lizzya9
#47GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 7:13pm

Mary Poppins maybe

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#48GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 7:35pm

I don't like the medleys either, but Sweeney's worked pretty dammn well.

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#49GROSS
Posted: 11/11/06 at 7:42pm

"I don't like the medleys either, but Sweeney's worked pretty dammn well."

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. You can't cut all Sondheim's songs into pieces and put them into a medley. The whole performance was so random, badly adapted, very choppy and had no sense at all, just as worse as the Tony performance of Into the Woods Revival several years ago which was disorganized very much in the medley form. They should only do one scene from the show instead of doing a medley!

If the Best Musical is judged according to the performances IN the Tony Awards, no matter why Sweeney lost.

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!

Videos