pixeltracker

Krysta Rodriguez question/love...- Page 2

Krysta Rodriguez question/love...

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#25re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 1:20pm

I don;'t know her, but she replaced Alisan Porter in ACL, which makes me sad because I love her :^)

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#26re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 1:20pm

**Karen (sorry!)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#27re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 3/31/08 at 4:01pm

Re: the original question. In ITH, Krysta is in the back quite often, so that might be another reason for missing her. Though, she's quite hard to miss. My eyes immediately went to her in most of the production numbers. She's a stunning beauty, and wonderful talent.

njohn
#28re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 11:40pm

Just bumpin' this because Krysta is Awesome.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#29re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 11:44pm

She was an AMAZING Nina. And, just judging by the cast recording, so no attacks, much more fit for Nina than Mandy Gonzalez (sp?).

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#30re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/30/08 at 11:52pm

She was just in The Black Suits for the Summer Play Festival (which she couldn't do if she had to perform every night in a B'way show).

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Randwhich
#31re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 12:52am

They cut Krysta's track when she is out of the show or on for another role. That would explain why there was no insert or announcement.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#32re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 1:05am

That is not true. I have seen her go on twice as Venessa. And, during that time there was another ensemble member covering the track that she would normally be doing if she weren't on for a lead.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

brochatkid
#33re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 7:48am

I saw her as Nina in ITH. She was awesome and totally captured the sweetness and toughness of the role. It seems like people are always "out" in ITH, so she is getting to be both Vanessa and Nina all the time.

She seemed really nice too when I met her at the Stage Door.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#34re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 7:54am

I also saw her as Nina and was really impressed. It's a different interpretation on the role than Mandy has...but I wouldn't say one is "better" than the other. They each capture different things very nicely. Krysta was amazing though.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#35re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 9:11am

I saw Krysta as Vanessa and, to be perfectly honest, was a bit disappointed not to see Karen Olivo instead. Karen is, physically, such a better fit for the role, and I don't know if Krysta was having an off night, but her vocals weren't as strong and her part in 96,000 all but got completely lost.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 9:14am

As far as Krysta performing in Black Suits....she'd have to take the time off of ITH no matter what. Lead roles do it all the time. Why does it matter whether she's a lead or an ensemble member to have taken time off to do do BS?

I'm assuming, of course, that the performance schedule for the festival follows a traditional schedule.

And there are a few (unsubstantiated) rumors that I've heard regarding Krysta and some of the posted thoughts/questions.

1. She was heavily courted to leave ACL for ITH. (Which of course NOW seems like a great decision)
2. She WANTED to audition for WSS and was turned down stating she was too old.

AGAIN: I can't substantiate the above statements, just things I've heard.

I was dissappointed....last summer I saw SA just after she left and ACL just before she started (both within the same week). So I've only seen her in ITH and performing at a few Joe Iconis gigs. She does light up a stage!!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

musicandtemiror
#37re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 9:38am

Check out the tonys she's in them [right next to Lin in 96000]
and the pro-shot clips

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#38re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 9:42am

While she was off doing The Black Suits a new swing (I believe her name is Noemi del Rio) came in.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

bwaymizfit2
#39re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 9:49am

When I saw In The Heights a few weeks ago, Janet Dacal went on for Vanessa and Krysta went on for Carla. Having not seen her in S.A. or A Chorus Line, I nonetheless was really impressed by Krysta's performance. Such spunk--the "Chile-Domini-Curican" line was a riot.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#40re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 12:39pm

I love love LOVE Krysta. I think she's just so talented. I was hoping to see her get cast in WSS, and it's a shame if she really was turned down. She'd be my first choice for Anita.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#41re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 12:42pm

I've actually heard from a few actors in their early to mid 20's that were in callbacks but were turned away for being "too old".

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#42re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 12:59pm

"I've always wondered why she would leave a Tony Award winning show(Spring Awakening) and go to A Chorus Line to only leave that show 5 months into it for In The Heights were she's only an ensemble member."

A Chorus Line and In the Heights are both Tony Award-winning musicals, despite the fact that the Chorus Line revival did not win any Tonys.

Although Chorus Line has some excellent group dance numbers, I feel as if her track in In the Heights is more active, fun, and outgoing. In Chorus Line, if she wasn't dancing in a number, she had to stand there. It is a great show, but it probably got boring.

Another reason she went from show to show is probably so she can add more credits to her resume. I think she is slowly building her way up to bigger roles. She isn't "only an ensemble member" in In the Heights - she understudies two (or is it three, I forgot) of the lead roles, and she already has had chances to go on.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Boq101
#43re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 1:34pm

TOO OLD?! She looks like she's hardly 20 years old! Something is seriously wrong with these people, WOW.

She should be Anita, hands down.

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#44re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 4:36pm

I saw ITH about two weeks ago and saw her go on as Nina -- she was a highlight of the show!!! Really terrific.

I think leaving ACL was a smart move. She's now covering leads in the Tony-award winning musical. She undoubtedly will be able to replace one of them when the originals choose to leave and/or this will lead to something great for her.

I can't wait to see her again, she's GREAT

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#45re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 7/31/08 at 5:24pm

Just posting here because i totally heart Krysta. I'm always so excited to see her come out the stage door...and give her the love that the non-in the heights fans don't, who are just there for Lin. PS- I LOVE her clothes!

stepkickkickleapkick2
#46re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 8/1/08 at 4:39am

She was injured and the ACL choreography 8X a week was really killing her. I know that had something to do with her move from ACL to ITH.

Very talented young woman. I would love to see her cover one of the lead roles in ITH.

usmma2010 Profile Photo
usmma2010
#47re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 8/1/08 at 8:49am

after SA, and not noticing her, even though she was seated oh 2 seats away from me, and barely noticing her at ACL, i got dragged to a joe iconis gig a couple weeks, i was blown away, really a great talent and she is in the right spot now to move in to a lead in the near future, good for her

"and in the end the love you make is equal to the love you take"

cactusb
#48re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 8/4/08 at 2:26pm

I've had the pleasure of seeing Krysta in Good Vibrations, ITH, and ACL and have completely fallen in love with her work.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#49re: Krysta Rodriguez question/love...
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:00pm

I think she should absolutely be cast in WSS. It's just the kind of break she needs to become another 'sutton foster'.

Videos