pixeltracker

A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?- Page 2

A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:58pm

CPD, do you mean taped before a live studio audience, because they certainly weren't there tonight?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#26re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 9:58pm

Curtain - They flew out two weeks ago and taped it, and DWTS just has some great film editors. There was no way they could have made it out to LA in less than half an hour to perform live on the show after their 7PM show let out re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?.

EDIT: Or, if I'm an idiot, and you meant in front of a live audience, then that is very possible.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 5/6/08 at 09:58 PM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#27re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:00pm

I'll be shamelessly watching out for Nick once it airs here on the westsiiiide!!!

Glad to hear him and his arms got some air time re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

musicandtemiror
#28re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:00pm

I think they looked great but ONE sounded pre-recorded (I didnt notice mics - well I guess they dont need them on TV)
Mario did look behind and once he looked like he was going to fall

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:18pm

They flew down Sunday night, it was recorded after last Monday night's show so they could still have an audience and then they flew back that night.

Lopez looked off and I was glad the camera often moved to show other cast members instead of keeping it constantly on Lopez. Glad to see on TV, even if its with Lopez. I'll have to watch it again on abc.com tomorrow. Overall, not bad.

Oh, and glad Marissa made it to the final four. I really thought she'd be gone tonight!! YEAH MARISSA!!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 5/6/08 at 10:18 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#30re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:43pm

Wow, I didn't realize they recorded that segment beforehand. I was wondering how they were out in LA, but with the show still tonight.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#31re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 10:51pm

OK...it was April 20th that they flew out, after bumping up the Sunday show by an hour to make a 7pm flight to the West Coast. They rehearsed and taped the next day and flew back early Tuesday morning. No gold costumes for a few reasons. First, that would have meant lugging a whole lot more to Los Angeles and those costumes and hats (especially) are expensive. Also, since it was a medley, no time to change.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#32re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:00pm

http://blogs.abc.com/dancinglive/2008/05/mario-lopez-and.html

Here's Mario and a bunch of leotard-wearing dancers from A Chorus Line. They're great - Mario looks like he's holding his own. They segue into the classic number from A Chorus Line, "One," and form up for the archetypal chorus line. Great job, Mario Lopez is like, a professional dancer and everything!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#33re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:19pm

Ah, the magic of editing.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#34re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:35pm

Marianne2 -- your continued naivete' is starting to lose its charm. You need to get outdoors a bit more and open your horizons.

Yes... the A CHORUS LINE segment was taped after Monday night's 'live' telecast. The audience was kept and they shot the A CHORUS LINE segment as well as the judges introducing their favorite dances which appeared as that 'special' that aired at the 8pm slot tonight. The quick insert of Mario and the cast of A CHORUS LINE waving backstage was done on Monday night as well (duh?).

The editing was slick -- they dimmed the lights on tonight's 'live' audience and blended the A CHORUS LINE footage shot last night (Monday night). You can clearly recognize last night's audience around the dance floor (not the front row of seated past 'stars'). After the segment was over they went straight into commercial, so no more editing was required.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#35re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/6/08 at 11:37pm

Oh BrodyFosse- your keen eye never ceases to amaze me.

Did anyone notice that Carrie Ann was basically dancing in her seat in the background? I found it hilarious.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#36re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 12:13am

if anyone recalls the ridiculously out of control Mario thread a couple of weeks ago, when people were asking why Mario had the power to change the time of the matinee? this was why.

on a lighter note...

"Holy crap, is the chick next to Mario the one who won MILF Island a couple of weeks ago?" - random tv viewer

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Craww
#37re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 2:45am

That DeBorah is so fierce.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#38re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 3:08am

Fierce indeed.

I loved that it was Jessica Lea Patty and not Charlotte D'Amboise. She's fantastic.

I couldn't really get a look at Mark..could you guys tell if it was Paul McGill or not? because he looked really tan.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#39re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 3:25am

I thought Mario was serviceable. Nick was the stand out though. I liked the button at the end of "One". I wish there was a recording of that available somewhere.

jspaeth87
#40re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 3:58am

that was paul mcgill

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#41re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 4:47am

Since I don't watch the show, I too was wondering when they taped it. The editing was quite good. I turned the show on just to see A Chorus Line and turned it off. So I didn't catch that they were doing it in front of Monday's audience. Wasn't really thrilled with Mario but it was nice to see Broadway in Primetime.

Just give the world Love.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#42re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 8:23am

Gotta say I LOVED seeing this... and Rascal Flatts, too re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS? Made my day, all of it.

Mario seemed a bit "stiff," but it looked to me like he can do the choreography. I think he just needs some more time to get comfortable with it all. I actually liked the count off at the start and the button at the end was fun re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

I was shocked at all the "missing faces"- Charlotte, et all re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#43re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 9:59am

Kevin Worley was on vacation. I'm not surprised Charlotte didn't make the trip. The other two I'm not sure.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#44re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 10:24am

I love Riedel's column today on Mario.

Just give the world Love.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#45re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 11:39am

i agree with all of you. was that jps in the green shirt?. he also looked behind while singing both numbers.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#46re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 12:12pm

Where was Charlotte?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#47re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 12:15pm

With her hubby and kids enjoying her day off from A CHORUS LINE. re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?

Updated On: 5/7/08 at 12:15 PM

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#48re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 12:23pm

Good for her then.....

Wonder if hubby (Terrence Mann) has anything in the works... Haven't seen him on Broadway in awhile....

MyLife
#49re: A CHORUS LINE on DANCING WITH THE STARS?
Posted: 5/7/08 at 1:58pm

Please take a look at this awful video, especially around minute 6. This mother and daughter review the whole episode, and when they get to the A Chorus Line segment, they say some things that will piss off this entire board. I don't want to ruin the surprise, so take a look for yourself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DK2T2Qn9j-A

Also, in case you missed ACL on Dancing..., this same website has the clip. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link it directly, so just do a search.

Enjoy, and let the flaming begin

Videos