#500FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:38pm

Ditto.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#501FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:45pm

John Riddle was super hot in THE VISIT and has a great voice, so I'm excited for him as Hans!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#502FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:59pm

Broadway Joe said: "Not that it matters cause this will be a massive hit despite her not because of her but I will not be giving a single dollar of my money to Patti Murin. "

Me either which stinks because when it was first announced I was really looking forward to taking my nieces when I got back to NYC

JSquared2
#503FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:01pm

Broadway Joe said: "Not that it matters cause this will be a massive hit despite her not because of her but I will not be giving a single dollar of my money to Patti Murin. "

That''ll teach her a lesson!!

(P.S.  You're being fu**ing ridiculous.)

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#504FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:12pm

JSquared2 said: "Broadway Joe said: "Not that it matters cause this will be a massive hit despite her not because of her but I will not be giving a single dollar of my money to Patti Murin. "

"

I see you're a new poster here but if you were here during her nonsense or read any of it during that time maybe you would understand why as clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't want give her any money. It's the principle of the whole thing. I can easily see the show whenever she leaves it for good. 

Updated On: 4/17/17 at 04:12 PM

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#505FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:18pm

I seemed to have forgotten...what did she do?

Jjohansan
#506FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:20pm

Broadway Joe said: "JSquared2 said: "Broadway Joe said: "Not that it matters cause this will be a massive hit despite her not because of her but I will not be giving a single dollar of my money to Patti Murin. "

"

I see you're a new poster here but if you were here during her nonsense or read any of it during that time maybe you would understand why as clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't want give her any money. It's the principle of the whole thing. I can easily see the show whenever she leaves it for good. 

"

Patti Murin just does not deserve all the hate she gets on these boards. I personally do not think her direct address to the board was out of line at all BUT even if you don't agree with what she did we should try to be mature enough to separate the person from the work. There is no denying Murin's talent. She was a fantastic Glinda. She was great in Lysistrata, and she will be a great in Frozen. Everyone hating on her needs to check their ego at the door and appreciate the work.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#507FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:24pm

I'd like to wish her the best. To have a personal grudge against Patti Murin is kind of dodgy.   I don't think I could go see the show, since it will be filled with children singing along to the more famous tunes.  Yes, I agree that Robert Creighton is a phenomenal talent.  I had a chance to see him in "Cagney".  What is his "Frozen" character?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#508FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:25pm

Jjohansan said: "Patti Murin just does not deserve all the hate she gets on these boards."

With all due respect, you can't assail our free speech and expect us to gleefully support you. 

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#509FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:29pm

Here is the the whole Patti mess

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090904

I don't have a personal grudge nor do I hate her but I dislike her and I don't agree with her. I don't need to separate her work from her views because I, like several others here can just wait until shes gone before seeing this show, which I am interested in seeing. 

These shows are no different than any other business or product in the end and I'm choosing not to give her my money. 

Updated On: 4/17/17 at 04:29 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#510FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:32pm

People are allowed to make their own decisions.  How does that effect you?  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#511FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:39pm

Now that I'm combing through my memory, I think I saw Caissie Levy in Wicked- not as Elphaba, but when she was in the ensemble...the year 2007. Or am I just hallucinating that?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

10086sunset
#512FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 4:58pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "With all due respect, you can't assail our free speech and expect us to gleefully support you. "

Pretty much how I feel. 

From what I remember, no one personally attached Ms. Murin on these boards. She went and personally attacked various members. 

killerqueen
#513FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 6:08pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Now that I'm combing through my memory, I think I saw Caissie Levy in Wicked- not as Elphaba, but when she was in the ensemble...the year 2007. Or am I just hallucinating that?

"

No hallucinations, she was indeed the understudy for much of 2007, before leaving to become standby and then very quickly thereafter the lead in the Los Angeles company.

I must say, whilst I'm a very big fan of Miss Levy, I have serious concerns about this casting. Make no mistake, she'll make a wonderful Elsa there's no doubt there. I just worry that an actress who had to back out of Wicked after four months with vocal problems can handle what you'd expect Elsa to be.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#514FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 6:31pm

It's been 8 years and she's gone on to lead a broadway show since. I'm sure she's capable. I'm just not sure she's gonna blow us away. Her let it go/let it be cover sounds very bland to me. I just think Betsy was a more interesting choice. Maybe she can go on to timber beetlejuice project, instead. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#515FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 7:15pm

If I remember correctly, Elsa is 21 and Anna is 18-19 in the film. Not saying that they don't look pretty youthful still, but.... 10+ years is a pretty big gap. 

Trish2
#516FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 7:20pm

I wonder when/why choreographer Christopher Gattelli was let go?

Call_me_jorge
#517FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 7:23pm

Perhaps he's choreographing the MFL revival.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Trish2
#518FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 7:32pm

Very possibly. But given the choice, which show would YOU pick?

Call_me_jorge
#519FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 8:26pm

Or maybe he didn't get a decision? Didn't they announce something similar for Peter Darling. Suggesting he was really fired.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#520FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 8:35pm

It is weird how they managed to lose two cherographers. 

Trish2
#521FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 9:26pm

It's called sarcasm, Jorge.

Gattelli was doing press for FROZEN at the same time the MY FAIR LADY announcements came out. Though Sher's creative team was listed, the choreographer was not. ( at least not on the many that I read)

But, who knows? If he got the boot from FROZEN, then maybe now he CAN do MY FAIR LADY.

He also choreographed SPONGE BOB in Chicago, so that could be in the mix at one point as well.

DigificWriter
#522FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 10:07pm

To all the people who are acting like children and refusing to support the show because one of the newly announced cast members used her Constitutional right to free speech to express her frustration and outrage with the behavior and conduct of some of the posters on these boards, I say "grow up".

Ranting aside, I'm glad we have a full cast for the show; now all we need is a full listing of the musical numbers and more info on what is or isn't going to be changed from the film.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#523FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 10:24pm

Trish2 said: "He also choreographed SPONGE BOB in Chicago, so that could be in the mix at one point as well."

Ah, guessing that's it!

mailhandler777
#524FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 10:49pm

killerqueen said: "I must say, whilst I'm a very big fan of Miss Levy, I have serious concerns about this casting. Make no mistake, she'll make a wonderful Elsa there's no doubt there. I just worry that an actress who had to back out of Wicked after four months with vocal problems can handle what you'd expect Elsa to be."

Elsa basically has one big song. Caissie has lead shows in those 9yrs she left Wicked. Hair,Ghost, Les Mis. She'll be fine. 

As for people still hating on Patti. Y'all need to let it go for once. Don't see the show if you don't want to but the talking crap about her on here every shot you can is just petty and a bit childish IMO.

I personally think she is the perfect choice for Anna. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Updated On: 4/17/17 at 10:49 PM

Videos