pixeltracker

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 24

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#57574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:33pm

Why is Warren not performing as Tina? This is so confusing. I mean, she’s singing the songs but she’s performing as herself (if that makes sense).

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#57674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:34pm

Uh... CBS, the song is called "The Best", not "Simply the Best". 

Warren looks smokin' hot as per usual, especially in that gold outfit she ends Tina in. NY, you only have three more weeks to catch her!

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#57774th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:35pm

SouthernCakes said: "JLP was a hit before the pandemic, and I’d imagine the demand is still there. Guess we will see, but I don’t think any of this controversy is going to close it. It might seem big to us, but the average ticket buyer doesn’t care. Hell, Woody Allen’s still making movies ."

Exactly.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

stlrod
#57874th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:36pm

Camera work could have been a little better on the "In Memoriam" segment, but nevertheless, truly outstanding!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#57974th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

Great performance by the cast of Tina! 

Jakeevan942
#58074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

So Tina just sold a boatload of tickets off a performer who is only doing the role for about 22 more performances-That was a good performance, and now I'm looking forward to being in their first audience back in 2 weeks, for one of the shows I missed before the shutdown

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#58174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:37pm

Kinda shocked there was no “You Oughta Know”

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#58274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:39pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Kinda shocked there was no “You Oughta Know”"

I imagine both Lauren and the show’s publicists strongly pushed against this, unfortunately. That it would backfire with too much hate. She’s getting a lot on Instagram and Twitter already just for winning, nevertheless performing. 

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#58374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:39pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "The inmemoriam needing more than one song breaks my heart."

It doesn't make it any less sad but it was names from June 2019 till now. 

Sutton Ross
#58474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:41pm

She’s getting a lot on Instagram and Twitter already just for winning, nevertheless performing."

That's incredibly sad that she is getting hatred for winning an award. Disgusting. 

SouthernCakes
#58574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:41pm

Strange they announced Tveit as a winner but didn’t show us him winning? Watching on the East Coast.

Anyway, I like the shot in the theater vibe but it just wouldn’t work for a lot of shows.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#58674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:42pm

VotePeron said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "Kinda shocked there was no “You Oughta Know”"

I imagine both Lauren and the show’s publicists strongly pushed against this, unfortunately. That it would backfire with too much hate. She’s getting a lot on Instagram and Twitter already just for winning, nevertheless performing.
"

That would be incredibly stupid of them. If you show that number on TV you’ll have a lot of people wondering why you’d not want that person to play that role. And it’s by far the best number in the show. 

Playbill_Trash
#58774th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:42pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Why is Warren not performing as Tina? This is so confusing. I mean, she’s singing the songs but she’s performing as herself (if that makes sense)."

Because she’s not a good actress, and she’s just a pretentious, overrated, entitled ham.

I’d love to see the ticket sales sky rocket after she finally leaves.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#58874th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:43pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Why is Warren not performing as Tina? This is so confusing. I mean, she’s singing the songs but she’s performing as herself (if that makes sense)."

Because she is out of f@#*s to give. She’s got her Tony and she is done. She’s doing her victory lap of a few weeks of performances but that’s it. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BCfitasafiddle
#58974th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

YAY Chita and ALW. The standing ovation honoring Chita in WSS made me emotional.

AND YAY FOR MOULIN ROUGE!!! 10 Tony Awards!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#59074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

Wow. I REALLY expected Jagged Little Pill to win.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#59174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:44pm

Moulin Rouge! wins Best Mickey Mouse Musical. Hadestown is still the last legit winner for Best Musical in my mind.

Bring on 2022!

Oh look, a bibu!

BCfitasafiddle
#59274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:44pm

Beautiful speech by that producer (I didn't catch her name). A great tribute to all of Broadway. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#59374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:46pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "Beautiful speech by that producer (I didn't catch her name). A great tribute to all of Broadway."

Carmen Pavlovic (of Global Creatures).

Oh look, a bibu!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#59474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:47pm

I love Andrew and Titus, but this number was a choice.

Sutton Ross
#59574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:47pm

I loved Andrew and Titus together, they sounded wonderful. 

BCfitasafiddle
#59674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:48pm

Jordan Levinson said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Beautiful speech by that producer (I didn't catch her name). A great tribute to all of Broadway."

Carmen Pavlovic (of Global Creatures).
"

Thank you! She was lovely.

bwayobsessed
#59774th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:49pm

Yeah very weird song choice. Good performance just odd in the arc of the Tonys

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#59874th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:50pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "YAY Chita and ALW. The standing ovation honoring Chita in WSS made me emotional." 

​​​​​​She looks phenomenal for being 88, really cracked up at how she said she was thrilled that she could walk out and wasn't rolled out lol

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#59974th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:50pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "YAY Chita and ALW. The standing ovation honoring Chita in WSS made me emotional.

AND YAY FOR MOULIN ROUGE!!! 10 Tony Awards!
"

Well deserved.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos