pixeltracker

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric- Page 27

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Set for April 2018 Opening at the Lyric

vampire musical
#650HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:44am

This pricing seems to be all over the place. I was happy with my 4 $130 tickets in Balcony Row D until I came on here and saw people getting Orchestra for $165 and the row right behind me for $40. Man, I feel like I blew my shot.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#651HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:44am

Does anyone have tips on how to search when my time slot opens up?  I am hoping for the $199 per part price range, or less, does it give us that choice to search multiple price points, like anything at $199 or below?  Too bad it sounds like we can't pick our seats. 

Lurker2
#652HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:45am

vampire musical said: "This pricing seems to be all over the place. I was happy with my 4 $130 tickets in Balcony Row D until I came on here and saw people getting Orchestra for $165 and the row right behind me for $40. Man, I feel like I blew my shot."

I got the row right behind you (center) for 80, not 40 - the $40 ones must be very far to the sides

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#653HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:46am

AllThatJazz2 said: "Cape Twirl of Doom said: "How much was the first row balcony?

(This whole thing is such bull****. Why can't they simply release a damn seating price chart?)

And we have to pay $18.50 per ticket to use this lovely "service."
"

Seats I obtained in first row balcony were part of the $165.
"

So first row balcony is $165 while 5th row is 80? I assume then B-D must be the $130. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#654HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Would really love some clarification on the process of buying tickets in previews -- I have one day my family can go, and it's during previews. If you can't sort by price, then how do you get tickets?

AllThatJazz2
#655HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

vampire musical said: "This pricing seems to be all over the place. I was happy with my 4 $130 tickets in Balcony Row D until I came on here and saw people getting Orchestra for $165 and the row right behind me for $40. Man, I feel like I blew my shot."

Tell me about it. Would REALLY like to have seen a diagram as to what pricing would be where, because this made it all the more difficult to buy. Any dates I tried for the $130 price point and below had nothing for a group of four though, so I went as cheap as I could while still being able to have a decent vantage point.

Rainyday3
#656HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Their Twitter is reporting pricing errors for performances before April 25, to please return shortly or  to complete your search or look after that date

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#657HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Nycat63 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "$165 for BALCONY? Anyone know where $130 seats are"

My reaction just now as well! UGH...I have a kid who can't do even minimal heights. If I even get off standby, I half wonder if I will have to go premium, though I just don't see how I can afford that.

If anyone knows where $199 puts you I'd be very grateful.

Congrats to all of you with tickets so far!

"

Given row Q is premium and row X costs $40, I'd imagine $199 is probably rear orchestra (row S?). Note the mezz overhang is row T. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#658HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Kade.ivy, I’m hoping I’m the one to report it HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I’m happy for everyone, but it also really hurts to see everyone get tickets and not even be given a chance. I truly hate this process. 

overthemoon2shiz Profile Photo
overthemoon2shiz
#659HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:47am

If anyone has 2 seats at all before April 16 I’ll buy them. Venmo asap. Early April is my birthday and I was hoping to see it in previews, but not one of my 10 friends who I had sign up got an access code. Just message me! 

Thanks,

h

<3

wolfwriter
#660HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:48am

Why is the same row 'E' in the balcony $40 on one day and $80 on another day? Are all $80 seats are in the balcony.

vampire musical
#661HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Lurker2 said: "vampire musical said: "This pricing seems to be all over the place. I was happy with my 4 $130 tickets in Balcony Row D until I came on here and saw people getting Orchestra for $165 and the row right behind me for $40. Man, I feel like I blew my shot."

I got the row right behind you (center) for 80, not 40 - the $40 ones must be very far to the sides
"

Ah! Makes me feel a little better lol. I am on the aisle so I guess that's worth an extra $50 per ticket indecision

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#662HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

LesWickedly said: "Kade.ivy, I’m hoping I’m the one to report it HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

I’m happy for everyone, but it also really hurts to see everyone get tickets and not even be given a chance. I truly hate this process.
"

I’m in a similar boat. I agree with what many here have said that it would have been fairer to give everyone who was “verified” an access code and then letting it be free for all. Oh well. 

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#663HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:49am

I'm hoping for May 12 or 13.  How would I transfer tickets to anyone here if I was able to get additional ones?  How do we transfer mobile tickets?  Is Will Call what people are choosing for delivery method, or is everyone going digital?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#664HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:49am

My friend was able to get us a pair of the $40 per part tickets for Memorial Day weekend! I am so excited!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#665HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:50am

I’ll throw my hat in the ring again. My dates have opened up so if anyone can get me one single ticket for the last week of May or any day in June, please let me know! I just need one ticket! I’d prefer a two show day, but obviously will take anything I can get. Thanks so much. I’ll pay you back fully and pay you also for your troubles.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#666HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:52am

NYfanfromCA said: "Does anyone have tips on how to search when my time slot opens up? I am hoping for the $199 per part price range, or less, does it give us that choice to search multiple price points, like anything at $199 or below? Too bad it sounds like we can't pick our seats."

Honestly, I just stuck with one date and just filtered through all the different options.

My $199 seat for April is Left Orchestra, Row G.

Lurker2
#667HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:52am

I'm able to log in with my code and see availability (the calendar is green, yellow or red) on each date to show availability), but not purchase (the code is one time use only).  So, when searching for 2 tickets, all price ranges, at 11:50AM EST:

limited or no Saturday availability in March-June.  Good weekday availability during that time except previews which is limited.  Good availability on all dates beginning in July (except, strangely, 9/1, which has no availability)

KEEP IN MIND: I have no idea if they're releasing more tix at noon - this could all be moot.  

Updated On: 10/18/17 at 11:52 AM

#669HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:53am

September 1st is a big date in Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised that it's sold out already.

I managed to get three tickets in the $40 range for August 8th. Feel like I could have gotten an earlier Wednesday (most weekends were sold out of the cheaper tickets), but I'm just glad I got in at all!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#670HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:54am

That sucked.

I guess logging on right at 11am didn't help as I was stuck in a few continuous cycles, only to be told to try again.

I tried for later (September) and no matter what price selection I made I was given the same seats, across any date I tried.  And the seats weren't particularly good.   It's as if Ticketmaster decided those were my seats, regardless of what I wanted.   I purchased them, eventually, but don't feel very satisfied.

Verified Ticket Sales my arse.  There were dates not available at only a minute or two past 11.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Updated On: 10/18/17 at 11:54 AM

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#671HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:54am

My $165 were in rear orchestra left on the aisle

ivskow
#672HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:55am

Any guidance on searching for/purchasing high # of tickets for those of us in the noon slot? I'm interested in 5 or 6 to accommodate a large family, but don't want to miss the opportunity for some of us to go at all. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#673HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

Okay so I tossed this together for those asking about it all. It went fast and smooth for me personally and was sort of a blur, but for those in the 12 and after group, it goes a little something like the following.

- Enter your access code

- You are asked if you want 1) two shows on the same day, 2) two on consecutive days, or 3) one part only and if so what part.

- Select how many tickets you want.

- You are given the calendar with just shows JUST for whatever option you picked above.

- When you pick your date, you are given a few options for seats:

--- The best seats in a RANGE of prices (It happened so fast I didn't take note of the ranges but there were about 4 to pick from).

--- The best premium seats.

--- The best seats in one specific price point.

- The system searches for and secures the NEXT BEST SEATS based on your chosen option.

- You are able to see what they seats are and you can then choose to take these seats or search again.

- If you are buying them, you have 5 minutes to make the purchase.

- You are asked to choose either mobile ticket or will call.

I hope this helps

Lurker2
#674HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018

wolfwriter said: "Why is the same row 'E' in the balcony $40 on one day and $80 on another day? Areall $80 seats are in the balcony."

Having weekend shows be pricier than weekday is standard in a lot of shows I've seen.  They're higher demand

Lurker2
#675HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
Posted: 10/18/17 at 11:58am

amazingamandakate said: "September 1st is a big date in Harry Potter, so I'm not surprised that it's sold out already.

I managed to get three tickets in the $40 range for August 8th. Feel like I could have gotten an earlier Wednesday (most weekends were sold out of the cheaper tickets), but I'm just glad I got in at all!
"

Oh, DUH!  It's Hogwarts day!  Thanks

Videos