pixeltracker

Who did you see before they were famous??- Page 3

Who did you see before they were famous??

RockabyeHamlet
#50re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:35pm

Sara Kramer (Mamma Mia) went to my friends high school, and I saw her in The Wizard of Oz as Dorothy.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

ErinDillyFan Profile Photo
ErinDillyFan
#51re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:41pm

Ashley Brown on tour with "Disney’s On the Record"

What is more depressing is the people I had an opportunity to see, but passed on.

Sutton Foster
Hunter Foster
Erin Dilly
Celia Keenan-Bolger
Marin Mazzie

Millie Lammoreaux
#52re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 3:57pm

Christine Baransky, John Mahoney, Patricia Clarkson and a chubby, 19-year-old Ben Stiller in “House of Blue Leaves” (1986).

Also in the cast were already-known Swoozy Kurtz and Danny Aiello.

Fourth row, center: So close, Ben spit on me, not once but twice!

It's too early for noches.

NathanLaneStalker
#53re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 4:18pm

Roger Bart in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying Tour as Bud Frump

Norbert Leo Butz in Cabaret tour and on Broadway as Roger in RENT

Ashley Brown on tour with "Disney’s On the Record"

Hunter and Sutton Foster in a regional production of Evita

Nathan Lane in Merlin

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#54re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 4:27pm

I was Alec Mapa's classmate in Jr. High School. He ended up as the lead on Broadway for M. Butterfly in the late 90's. Now, he's been in sitcoms and in various TV shows and movies.

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#55re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 4:54pm

I have seen John Lolyd Young in the Chosen and the Drawer Boy, Laura Benanti in Man of LaMancha and Jane Eyre, Kristin Chenoweth in Animal Crackers, and Max von Essen in My Fair Lady....I probably have seen more I just can't think of them off the top of my head...I live very close to the PaperMill Playhouse where I have seen all these wonderful broadway people...My Aunt has been buying season tickets ever since I can remember so I have seen every show in that theater since 1992

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#56re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 5:02pm

I see the term 'famous' is being used in its broadest sense. My personal favorite was seeing an absolutely adorable unknown Mark Ruffalo in THIS IS OUR YOUTH. You should have heard the gasp a couple hundred New Yorkers emitted as he knocked over paper plate with a heaping mounting of cocaine on it. I'm surprised we didn't bum rush the stage and snort the air!

besty...an old college friend performed w/ Ms. Mazzie at a theatre in Michigan back in the day as well and adored her.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#57re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 5:08pm

Who the hell is Susie Plaksin???

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#58re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 5:37pm

I also saw Bart as Frump in H2S.

Sutton Foster was out the night I saw the LES MIZ tour, though I can't complain because Diana Kaarina (sp?) was outstanding.

I also saw Leslie Kritzer in URINETOWN on tour as Little Becky Two Shoes. Even in a minor role, she was hilarious. I loved watching her because she was always in character and gave funny reactions and such.
Broadway Blog: Toward the Future, From the Past AND 50 Amazing Broadway Performers . . .

FeelingElectric
#59re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/27/07 at 5:55pm

I was lucky enough to see Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead in December 2005. It featured America Ferrara before she started work on a little series called Ugly Betty.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

K8eeyore
#60re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 2:38pm

Chester Gregory (TARZAN) went to my college. I saw him play Jesus in SUPERSTAR, and damn, he was good!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#61re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 2:42pm

I also saw Leslie Kritzer in URINETOWN on tour as Little Becky Two Shoes. Even in a minor role, she was hilarious.

Same here! She actually took over partway through the SF run because the original Becky had hurt herself during rehearsals (previews?). I saw the swing the first time, then Leslie the next two times. Hysterical.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#62re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 2:43pm

Jude Law and his willy in "Indiscretions"

Karen Ziemba in a dreadful musical called "Prizes" the year before she became a hit in "And the World Goes 'Round"

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Barihunk Profile Photo
Barihunk
#63re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 3:04pm

Sarah Jessica Parker in "Annie"

Christian Slater in "Merlin"

Cynthia Nixon as Honey in "Who's Afraid of Viriginia Woolfe" (L.A.)

Christine Ebersole in "Camelot"

"When you're a gay man, you have to feel good about yourself when a urologist says, "Yeah. I pick you". - Happy Endings

allyk Profile Photo
allyk
#64re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 3:23pm

Jenn Gambatese and Gavin Creel in Fame (1999)

Andy Karl as Rum Tum Tugger in the tour of Cats (1997)

Heather Parcells, Tony Yazbeck and Juliana Hansen in the tour of Thoroughly Modern Millie (2003)

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#65re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 4:07pm

I didn't see them myself, but a friend of mine was in A Christmas Carol at the Omaha Community Playhouse with John Lloyd Young when he was about 10 (she just showed me a picture of him in the show the other day, too). The same friend's family also housed Norbert Leo Butz when he did the A Christmas Carol tour with the Nebraska Theatre Caravan. He was 23 and playing Scrooge -- youngest one they've ever had!

I saw Ava Gaudet on the RENT tour, though I don't know that she's actually "famous". Scott Porter in Altar Boyz and now he's on Friday Night Lights and doing movies... he's also from Omaha! Hooray for locals making it big, huh?

That's all I can think of right now.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#66re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 4:11pm

Catherine Zeta Jones-
42nd Street
The Pyjama Game
Street Scene
Oliver! -i was in this production with her.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 8/28/07 at 04:11 PM

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#67re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 4:40pm

Georgia Engel in Hello Dolly (with both Phyllis Diller and Ethel Merman on Broadway)

Valerie Harper in the chorus of Wildcat.

Some of the names in this thread are silly ... Heather Parcells is not famous, Barrett Foa is not famous. Broadway "fans" may know who they are, but they are not famous by any stretch of the imagination. Updated On: 8/28/07 at 04:40 PM

Lynnespock2
#68re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 7:49pm

Jenn Gambatese, Gavin Creel, Titus Burgess. I would have to look in some of my playbills to see who else I have seen.

Memory fails!!

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#69re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:34pm

When i went to visit my aunt, she brought me to a production of Peter Pan with Laura Osnes in the title role

Studmuffn520
#70re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:52pm

mine arent very good lol and i dont even know if the first two really even count but ive seen
will chase in aida
lisa brescia in aida
gerard canonico in les mis and prince and the pauper
thats all i got=/

Ed_Mottershead
#71re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 10/12/07 at 3:34pm

Saw Colleen Dewhurst in 1957 in a summer stock production of Witness for the Prosecution. Also, John Travolta and Treat Willilams in Over Here in '73 or '74. Peter O'Toole in The Merchant of Venice in 1960 at Stratford and Brian Bedford same place in 1957 in Cymbeline.

BroadwayEd

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#72re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 10/12/07 at 4:31pm

Sherie Rene Scott as Sally Simpson in Tommy.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#73re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 10/12/07 at 5:08pm

Updated On: 2/29/08 at 05:08 PM

postergirl
#74re: Who did you see before they were famous??
Posted: 10/12/07 at 11:57pm

John Travolta in "Bus Stop" in summer stock with Anita Gillette.
Bob Martin in Second City

Videos