PalJoey
#75THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:35pm

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#76THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:36pm

What is Book of Mormon's main competitor for awards this musical season anyways?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#77THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:38pm

Catch Me if You Can, Sister Act, Priscilla...

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#78THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:39pm

WONDERLAND!!!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#79THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:40pm

If there isn't an opening night video with actual clips from the show, I may explode! I have to live with the clips I see and hear since I am too poor to visit New York too often, and I just went in December! It's gonna be another few years before I go again.

I have faith it will tour, though! I guess that is something.

I am very happy for all involved! It is nice to hear so many people liking a musical!

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#80THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:40pm

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that CMIYC will nab at least some of the awards many are thinking Mormon will get? I haven't seen either haha, so it has no real basis (nor am I saying I think it's deserved), just an underlying hunch.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#81THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:42pm

I mean, it's possible. But Book of Mormon may continue its momentum. It could become a steamroller, like The Producers was, and completely dominate any competition.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Ed_Mottershead
#82THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:46pm

Not to throw any wet blankets around here, but re: score. I would think Scottsboro Boys could be a strong contender for best score. Maybe it won't win, but IMO, it should be up there. I guess it's one of "Broadway's Beautiful Losers," sad to say. Yes, I saw Book of Mormon and found some of it funny, but I wouldn't go overboard about it either. Anyway, who listens to me? Just my opinion.

BroadwayEd

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#83THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:47pm

Loving all these reviews. So well deserved, I adore this show!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#84THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:47pm

It'll win a bunch of Tonys and be a huge hit, but I don't think it's gonna be as big as The Producers, in terms of awards and success. It's possible, but I don't know...

Again, it's way too early to say I guess.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#85THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:49pm

"Grade A" rave in Entertainment Weekly
Full review

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#86THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:52pm

YES. Makes me so glad to read these reviews!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#87THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:54pm

I think it will win a bunch of the awards, and I hope so. I think there's real competition in some categories, though. Could Rannells and Gad split Best Actor and make room for...Tony Sheldon? Could the great score or choreography of Scottsboro be remembered? Unlikely since it's been closed so long, but you never know. Could the set of Sister Act that I've heard are so great take that category? Will that show's Victoria Clark be a front runner for Featured Actress? And what about that great unknown: The People in the Picture. Does anyone know ANYthing about that show yet?

Having seen all the new musicals so far this year minus Elf, I'll be rooting for Mormon across the board, but as I mentioned before, I actually think there's been some great work this year. I admit, I really enjoyed Scottsboro and Bloody Bloody. Catch Me If You Can left me cold. There is competition out there on a category by category basis, but I'm pretty sure we officially have the season's big hit!

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#88THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 10:59pm

I'd still keep an eye out for Daniel Radcliffe. We may get a repeat of the year David Hyde Pierce won Best Actor over Raul Esparza.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#89THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:02pm

I just bought my ticket for the first performance after the Tonys. Something tells me it's going to be a fantastic night!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#90THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:02pm

If it beats out Priscilla for Best Costumes, I will be shocked.

April Saul
#91THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:12pm

YES!!! And as a 55-year old woman who raved about this on both theater boards, and got tickets to go back with everybody in my extended family--when there was still a discount, thank God!--I am still trying to figure out what to make of the post that women, and especially older ones, wouldn't like Mormon. So happy for Parker, Stone and Lopez and thanks to them for doing for Broadway what everybody thought Spiderman would do!

massofmen
#92THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:23pm

i am tired of explaining this. THEATER women and folk will love it, tourist women from the midwest and all the people who watch FOX news (which is like 80% of the country) will not like this.
this is not difficult to understand.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#93THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:25pm

Praise. Christ.

FindingNamo
#94THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:39pm

So, mixed to negative?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#95THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:42pm

so we should expect nominations for the following:

- Best Musical
- Best Book(Parker, Lopez & Stone)
- Best Score(Parker, Lopez & Stone)
- Best Direction(Parker & Nicholaw)
- Best Choreography(Nicholaw)
- Best Leading Actor(Gad & Rannells)
- Best Featured Actor(O'Malley)
- Best Featured Actress(James)
- Best Orchestrations
- Best Scenic Design
- Best Costumes
- Best Lighting
- Best Sound

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#96THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/24/11 at 11:54pm

I wonder what the daily for Salt Lake City thought?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#97THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/25/11 at 12:07am

While it could just get the nominations from riding the "rave wave", I don't know that I expect both (if either) Gad and Rannells to be nominated in the leading category. With Tveit and Butz (the 2 parts about Catch Me If You Can getting good word of mouth), Sheldon (almost unanimously reviewed as the best part about Priscilla), and Radcliffe (the charming movie star stepping out of his comfort zone a la Sean Hayes last year), either or both Mormon guys getting nominated might be more challenging than we think. Additionally, I don't think Bloody Bloody is going to get many nominations, but Ben Walker might get the nomination as his award since the show closed so long ago.

After Eight
#98THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/25/11 at 12:10am

I agree 100 per cent with Ouzounian. What overrated junk this show is.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#99THE BOOK OF MORMON Reviews!
Posted: 3/25/11 at 12:27am

I was thinking about the comparison of this show to The Producers. What this may have going for it in terms of longevity is that is doesn't have 2 big names in the leads. The Producers lasted for a while but didn't ticket sales start to drop after Lane and Broderick left? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Just give the world Love.

Videos