pixeltracker

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here- Page 4

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#75The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:37pm

ungageg, I watched Peter Pan Live last year on nbc.com a day or two after the show, so I would fully expect this to be on the website as well.

Thanks for letting me know, SNAFU. I was so confused about it.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#76The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Is queen latifah playing a guy? I can distinctly remember the munchkins calling the wizard he and him and what not.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#77The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

I know it doesn't really matter but they've referred to the wizard as both “she  and “sir”…so is this just a gender bent performance or is The Wiz actually female this time or what?

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott
Updated On: 12/3/15 at 09:37 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#78The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:38pm

This is getting better as time goes on. Everyone is killing it! Defientely the best live production yet

Mrtrobz
#79The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:39pm

Sound of What? Peter Who? This surpasses the previous attempts by miles. Not that it was hard to do but it's certainly of a Broadway standard.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#80The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:39pm

I love Ne-Yo and am SO glad he is part of this.

I am absolutely in love with this production right now.  The dancing is killer, the voices (most of them) are killer.  It actually feels like I'm watching a stage production on Broadway instead of cringing through it like I was with those last two we had in the last two years.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#81The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:42pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Is queen latifah playing a guy? I can distinctly remember the munchkins calling the wizard he and him and what not."

I've also thought this was strange. I thought no one knew that it was a Lady Wiz because she'd been in the throne room since she got to Emerald City. But all 4 of the protagonists were calling her a "sir" so I think she's playing a guy.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#82The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Call_me_jorge said: "Is queen latifah playing a guy? I can distinctly remember the munchkins calling the wizard he and him and what not."

I've also thought this was strange. I thought no one knew that it was a Lady Wiz because she'd been in the throne room since she got to Emerald City. But all 4 of the protagonists were calling her a "sir" so I think she's playing a guy.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#83The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

WhizzerMarvin said: "David Alan Grier is absolutely fantastic. 

Biggest blunder so far for me (and it's a big one) is not having the scarecrow sing "I Was Born On the Day Before Yesterday" which is a million times better than "You Can't Win." 

I was not happy with that change in song at all.

"

Just give the world Love.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#84The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:44pm

The Wiz is The Wiz and surpasses all pronouns!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#85The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:45pm

Thoughts on "We Got It?" I like it! 

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#86The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:46pm

So it's just getting better.  Loving the sets and costumes.  I do wish they would have put Dorothy in something brighter like a yellow.  She isn't popping enough,, but damn that kid has pipes. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#87The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:49pm

I hope Mary isn't the weak link here

fbueller
#88The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:49pm

I loved the addition of the new song 'We Got It' by Ne-Yo.  It was a great addition.

Margo319
RW3
#90The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:50pm

Act 1 is officially over and I'm really enjoying it.

Here's the Twitter account for the revival:

https://twitter.com/WizTheMusical

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#91The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:51pm

It was clearly written as an Act one finale. I liked it, even though it sounds from a different show.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
MadAboutTheBoy
#92The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:51pm

I loved "We Got It." So Ne-Yo wrote that song? Amazing work. Loved the poppy scene and  Oz voguing scenes too.Shanice is beyond adorable.

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#93The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:52pm

This is so much better than I thought it would be, Although there are still many moments of "weirdness"... the talent is so overwhelming, it is elevating the material.  It seems like there is new music.

I haven't liked Dorothy's skirt since the beginning. It's still bothering me. It's too short and the plaid is very odd.

I think the Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Man are awesome.

#94The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:52pm

I don't understand if it's live, why aren't they in front of an audience? It seems pointless to do something live if your'e just in from of cameras.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#95The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:53pm

Great performances, hate the sets...

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#96The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Mary is about to take it home.. 

Tell me how the heck did they get this A-LIST talent to do all these rehearsals?  This production was a commitment. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#97The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Mary J's acting is better than I expected. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#98The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:54pm

Great show but I don't understand the desire to make everything Wizard of Oz related look like Wicked with all the gears and steam punk look. An original design would be nice. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#99The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:55pm

Honestly, I think they got the talent thanks to Queen Latifah. Zadan and Meron get her on and then she starts calling people saying, "Hey, I really think you should do this."

This is making me hope those once talks of Mary as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella come true next year. 

Videos