pixeltracker

Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition) - Page 4

Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)

random person 112
#75re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/11/11 at 9:59pm

Jane Ohringer from evita.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#76re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/12/11 at 1:10am

^ Says on MyLife.com that Jane is living in Los Altos, but that's all I can see there, as I'm not a member.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Wilmingtom
#77re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/12/11 at 2:24pm

Shannon, after State Fair, Ben and his wife Amy moved to Wilmington, NC (she's from the area) and I believe he's a stock broker now.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#78re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/13/11 at 2:21pm

Matthew Risch (sp?). I had no idea he had been in "Chicago"..probably in the chorus? How is he as a singer? Just wondering...from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#79re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/13/11 at 2:36pm

I only know him from Pal Joey - he can carry a tune, is fairly good looking, moves well but with no unique character. All in all, a well-trained guy with no "star quality." Anything he can do, Noah Racey can do better (and Racey will probably never be a "star," either).

BwayStar Profile Photo
BwayStar
#80re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/13/11 at 2:54pm

Jane Ohringer from Evita is now Jane Hindman. She's on Facebook.

FanofGreen
#81re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 3:04pm

Tom Deckman??

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#82re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 3:44pm

3 people who always come up for me in these threads:

Wanda Richert (42nd Street, though she was a terrific Cassie on the road)

Janie Sell (Over Here)

Terri Klausner

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#83re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 3:51pm

Matthew Risch was Thomas Sadoski's standby in OTHER DESERT CITIES Off-Broadway. Not sure if he's still with the Broadway company, as I don't have my playbill in front of me. (Stands to reason, though, as he and Mantello are a couple) He also played Sky Masterson in GUYS AND DOLLS over the summer at Barrington.

I agree with newintown re: his performance as Pal Joey. Completely competent, nothing exciting at all.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#84re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 3:58pm

Risch is Mantello's bf? I thought Mantello was with a chorus boy he met in Wicked, and Risch was just a fling he tried to turn into a star.

Oh, who can keep track of the bedroom gymnastics of theatre folk?

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#85re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 4:05pm

No, they're a legitimate couple now. They attended the Tonys together, and each has referenced the other as their spouse in interviews.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#86re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/14/11 at 4:21pm

That's interesting. It puts his firing of Hoff and promotion of his not-quite-up-to-it boyfriend to the lead in a darker light (to me). Even if he truly thought Risch had what it took, it could be validly interpreted as an unattractive case of nepotism.

husk_charmer
#87re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/15/11 at 12:22pm

Wanda Richert retired, thank God. Of all the Cassies I've seen on video, she was by FAR the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

spike3
#88re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 11:45am

Judy Carne passed away, and Janie Sell has been working in an office-not sure what type of work-. She came out of retirement briefly to appear in Moon Over Buffalo

spike3
#89re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 2:12pm

Wanda Richert is now a minister, she goes by the title Rev. Wanda. I am serious. She gives motivational talks on the Power of Positive Pretending. There is a website and she is available

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#90re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 10/18/11 at 2:27pm

Doesn't Terri Klausner teach or something now?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

CouldBeWorse
#91re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 2:47pm

Giving this thread quite a bit of a bump. Does anyone know what happened to JP Dougherty? He seems to have disappeared after Hairspray.

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#92re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 9:40pm

Kendra Kassebaum (sp?) anyone? She did the Wicked 1st Natl. Tour and I haven't heard anything about her since, except she did Next to Normal regionally somewhere.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#93re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 9:58pm

Alan - Kendra Kassebaum (no L -frequent spelling mistake people make) was as you mentioned in Next To Normal regionally in AZ and San Jose, CA in 2012-13 and got very good reviews. She was also on Broadway in the short lived Leap of Faith in 2012. It looks like she is now living for the most part in the Seattle area and has been doing a lot of theater there as well as having a baby in the May/June timeframe earlier this year which I would imagine is keeping her busy. I googled her - there is a far amount of info available.

homeimp
#94re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 10:04pm

I thought Kendra was wonderful and Leap Of Faith and had hoped she might receive a Tony nomination. She was deserving.

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#95re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:04pm

Oh great. I was hoping she hadn't left theatre. And congrats to her on the baby! Hopefully she comes back to do NYC theatre again sometime in the not too distant future. I'd love to see her in something again. Thanks, FishermanBob!

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#96re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:25pm

>>>> Amy Spanger is in Rock of Ages

Amy was in ROA for a very short time and really couldn't handle the songs.
She was in Elf last year or the year before.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#97re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:46pm

^And currently Chicago.

CouldBeWorse
#98re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:58pm

I thought I'd ask again since I was thinking about it today: Does anyone know what happened to JP Dougherty?

He was around for ages in Les Miserables and Hairspray and then nothing.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#99re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
Posted: 7/3/15 at 11:18pm

Anyone know what's up with Jennifer Laura Thompson? Did she get post traumatic stress after idinas fall or something?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos