News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 42

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1025Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:03pm

The CGI face kind of ruins it all.

jimmycurry01
#1026Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:03pm

Thought it looked beautiful. This set and costumes look quite impressive to me.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1027Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 12:04pm

adamgreer said: "Why do they pretend like it's not a musical?"

Remember the Into The Woods trailers? The final trailer will probably be the music/al one. 

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#1028Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:50pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "adamgreer said: "Why do they pretend like it's not a musical?"

Remember the Into The Woods trailers? The final trailer will probably be the music/al one.
"

Do you think we will have another trailer pretty soon then?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1029Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 2:07pm

Jack Morrissey, who is involved in the film, said that there will be another poster as well as another trailer. As to when that would be is still uncertain... although I don't really see anything else on the pipeline as far as Disney's upcoming releases, unless I'm mistaken.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1030Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 2:14pm

Since its so obvious in the trailer that this is based on the animated musical; I don't feel at all like they were trying to pretend its not a musical or that there wont be singing.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1031Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 2:38pm

you'd have to be pretty dense to not realize this is a musical.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#1032Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 3:57pm

That’s too bad about Human Again. It’s one of my favorite songs in the score. I love the melody, clever lyrics, and the intense longing from the objects. It’s a true “I Wish…” song but placed in a much different place in a show than the usual third or fourth number in Act 1. It’s a charming number filled with optimism that could all come crashing down if Gaston’s concurrent scheming succeeds. But I can see how it would play better on a stage than on a movie screen. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#1033Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 4:10pm

Considering that "Human Again" WAS originally written for the movie, I too am surprised it didn't make it into this rendition...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

broadwayboy223
#1034Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 4:17pm

I'm pretty sure Bill Condon's original intent was to use all of the Broadway songs. My guess is that Alan wanted to get an Oscar nomination...

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#1035Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 4:34pm

Or maybe they couldn't figure out how the Broadway songs would work on film.

westendfanatic
#1036Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/14/16 at 5:39pm

Just read an article now with Bill Condon and OhMyDisney.com...

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2016/11/14/212245/?cmp=smc%7C662407140

(where the following excerpt has been taken from) that states that Bill Condon's favourite scene taken from this movie, is “a very emotional scene towards the end that I always look forward to. We’ve done a few audience screenings and things, and I always look forward to that moment when it comes.”

......so i am guessing that we will all need our boxes/packs of tissues when watching the end of this movie as this is a hint (probably!) of when the beast "dies" and is transformed back into the Prince. I have to say, I am looking forward to this part the most as the music is stunning (link below of the transformation music taken from the 1991 film).

LINK = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkJzUxqciqk

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#1037Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/16/16 at 8:45am

I suddenly remembered that Kevin Kline voiced Captain Phoebus in Disney's Hunchback. That only makes me appreciate his casting here even more!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#1038Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 2:43am

I have to say I absolutely LOVE Emma in the picture! Luke Evans looks amazing but Emma steals the photo!

Beauty and the Beast

westendfanatic
#1039Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 8:53am

GreatBroadwayFan said: "I have to say I absolutely LOVE Emma in the picture! Luke Evans looks amazing but Emma steals the photo!

Beauty and the Beast
"

These new images that are starting to pop up, look VERY impressive. Emma and Luke look SO good as Belle and Gaston. I can see this scene being a real joy to watch. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1040Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 10:27am

Don't know about you guys, but I need Luke to take off that coat and have a very tight shirt on. We deserve a narcissistic bro who lifts as Gaston

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

westendfanatic
#1041Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 10:42am

Valentina3 said: "Don't know about you guys, but I need Luke to take off that coat and have a very tight shirt on. We deserve a narcissistic bro who lifts as Gaston"

SAME HERE heart

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#1042Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 7:38pm

Angela Lansbury Doesn't See The Need For a Re-Make

The Dame has the definitive take on most things. #ImWithHer

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1043Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 8:09pm

The Queen has spoken

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1044Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 9:37pm

Gotta say I agree with Angela on this one.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1045Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/25/16 at 11:25pm

She also disliked the remake of The Manchurian Candidate. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#1046Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 12:12am

When Angela Lansbury was on Theater Talk in 2009, she was asked about her thoughts on the remake of The Manchurian Candidate, and her response (@16:57) was...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6IyCFo7i0&t=1351s

Updated On: 11/26/16 at 12:12 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1047Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 6:01am

After seeing the trailer and pictures, I am a bit concerned that most recent (musical) films are starting to look the same/exchangeable/generic.

The sets look the same as the sets in the Cinderella live action film, the CGI of the wolves looks kind of cheap, the pub where Gaston sings looks like the exact same set that was used in the les Miserables as the pub, the gaudy hallway and doors look recycled from the set of the Phantom of the Opera and the backgrounds are just a 1 on 1 copy from Maleficent. It just comes across as a bit uninspiring and cheap to me. Too simple, too clean. Nothing new.

I also don't like the camera work. I feel like they don't even use 10% of the possibilities film has to offer.

I haven't heard anything of the singing yet, but I am worried that it will serve as some kind of "filler" too, as I believe they still have the mad idea that good singing can not work on screen. So I am really curious if this film will surprise me in terms of cinematography, innovation, originality, sets and talent.

Updated On: 11/26/16 at 06:01 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1048Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 6:30am

adamgreer said: "Why do they pretend like it's not a musical?

"

I thought the same exact thing.  you hear the music playing, but that doesn't automatically translate to musical . 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#1049Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/26/16 at 7:26am

I just think they hope to "get away" with some of the songs/singing of certain people. Hoping to get it somewhat acceptable. Instead of using voices and music to elevate a scene to a higher level. Which is the essence of this artform.

It could be so wonderful if this AND elaborate cinematography were united. I haven't seen either of these things in these previews yet. It's like they already apologize for the singing. But at least they can always blame the fact that it is film, so speaking 4 words and use vibrato on the 5th makes it more realistic, just like Les Mis. (sarcastic mode off).

Let's just wait for the film, maybe they did some wonderful studio recording which will surprise me. At least it's not a live theatre performance on a pavement, so it probably will feel more like a film than les Mis.

Updated On: 11/26/16 at 07:26 AM

Videos