pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 5

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

inception Profile Photo
inception
#100TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:20pm

Or they have to offer him more money now?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#101TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:20pm

No longer on the site https://tammyfayebway.com/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#102TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:33pm

I'd checked the show's website two hours ago and Andrew was still on it. Just checked again and they've since removed him. Would love to be a fly on the wall behind the scenes at the moment. 

JSquared2
#103TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:41pm

Sounds like Joe Machota told him to say that. 

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#104TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:41pm

starlightlocamotion said: "Wonder if they would pull the plug all together now?"

They have to find a name as commercial on Broadway as Rannells, who is willing to work for less than Rannells. With performances starting in October. 

Pulling the plug certainly should be on the table.

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#105TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/16/24 at 11:46pm

Jonathan Cohen said: "starlightlocamotion said: "Wonder if they would pull the plug all together now?"

They have to find a name as commercial on Broadway asRannells, who is willing to work for less thanRannells. With performances starting in October.

"

That only holds water if Rannells was the most famous name involved -- I think Elton John would like a word. And they're still pretty well known names otherwise still on board -- he maybe on the rise, but I don't think Rannells was that big a draw. ​​​​​

lilpunkin
#106TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:01am

Agreed. And while Katie Brayben isn’t a well-known name in New York, it’s 100% Katie’s show. They passed on the West End run rather than re-cast when she got pregnant, that’s how much she owns this production. Rannells might be a bigger name in the US but his character is completely outshone. A lot of actors could play that role.

Jonathan Cohen
#107TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:29am

TheatreMonkey said: "Jonathan Cohen said: "starlightlocamotion said: "Wonder if they would pull the plug all together now?"

They have to find a name as commercial on Broadway asRannells, who is willing to work for less thanRannells. With performances starting in October.

"

That only holds water if Rannells was the most famous name involved -- I think Elton John would like a word. And they're still pretty well known names otherwisestillon board -- he maybe on the rise, but I don't think Rannells was that big a draw. ​​​​​
"

If Elton John replaces Rannells as Jim Bakker that would be spectacular from a ticket sales point of view. But unless John is appearing in the show and obviously he won't, the show is still vulnerable. John has a better track record than most as a Broadway composer and Lestat still closed after 39 performances. 

Meanwhile, Gutenberg! The Musical! just recouped and almost it's only selling point was being a star vehicle for Rannells and Josh Gad. 

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say losing Rannells is a net negative for ticket sales.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#108TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:36am

If he wasn’t doing “Macbeth”, I’d say this would be a great musical vehicle for Jake Gyllenhaal. 

Jonathan Cohen
#109TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:45am

My non realistic suggestion is Andrew Garfield. He's played Jim Bakker before, likes acting on Broadway, and proved in Tick, Tick... Boom! he'd do a musical, at least on film.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#110TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:51am

Garfield would be wonderful! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#111TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 12:56am

Jordan Catalano said: "Garfield would be wonderful!"

true but he's more $$$$$ Rannells

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#112TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 1:09am

Jonathan Cohen said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Jonathan Cohen said: "starlightlocamotion said: "Wonder if they would pull the plug all together now?"

"

That only holds water if Rannells was the most famous name involved -- I think Elton John would like a word. And they're still pretty well known names otherwisestillon board -- he maybe on the rise, but I don't think Rannells was that big a draw. ​​​​​
"

If Elton John replacesRannells as Jim Bakker that would be spectacular from a ticket sales point of view. But unless John is appearing in the show and obviously he won't, the show is still vulnerable. John has a better track record than most as a Broadway composer andLestat still closed after 39 performances.

Meanwhile, Gutenberg! The Musical! just recouped and almost it's only selling point was being a star vehicle for Rannells and Josh Gad.

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say losingRannells is a net negative for ticket sales.
"

I don't disagree that it might impact ticket sales -- in fact, I generally agree, in principle, with most of what you said. But initially you said losing Rannells puts "pulling the plug on the table" on the whole project, and I find that overstates Rannells value/involvement in the overall production.

True enough about Gutenburg!, but it's damn hard to not factor Josh Gad into that show's success -- and the associated marketing of the duo "back on Broadway!", etc. It was a fun, light two-hander, easily digestible. And with the knowledge of if just recouping and banking on the two of them, it could be looked at that since Rannell really isn't a huge draw, it won't hurt "Tammy Faye"  nearly as much as such a situation would do to others.

Plus, this is a different beast, entirely. But with Elton John's name anywhere on the poster, "featuring the Olivier-winning performance of Katie Brayben" (not as big a deal for Broadway audiences, admittedly), even Jake Shears as lyricist -- it's got a lot going for it and easily marketable.  Enough for it to weather the loss of Rannells, at least. 

Updated On: 6/17/24 at 01:09 AM

Dan6
#113TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 1:23am

BOM said: "Hewas the only reason I wanted go. Glad I didn’t buy tickets yet."

He was above the title, right? I assume Broadway Direct will have to refund any presales on request. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#114TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 1:24am

A lot of things get announced before proper contracts are signed. Deal terms will be agreed upon by both parties, but it takes time to iron out all the little details and put together a long form agreement, and usually the producer and the agent are operating in good faith. 

Sometimes even directors and authors go into rehearsal without a proper contract signed.

My assumption is terms were agreed upon by both parties, they announced, and then Andrew's team came back with new demands (more money, or length of run, or an "out" for a more lucrative gig) ---- likely because Andrew either had another opportunity arise (film/TV) or had second thoughts about returning to Broadway so soon after his 5 months in Gutenberg.

Some investors will flee. I wouldn't want to be around Team Nederlander tonight or tomorrow.

Updated On: 6/17/24 at 01:24 AM

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#115TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 1:49am

Hold your horses, this could be a contract ploy.

lilpunkin
#116TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 2:02am

TheatreMonkey said: "Jonathan Cohen said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Jonathan Cohen said: "starlightlocamotion said: "Wonder if they would pull the plug all together now?"

"

"

If Elton John replacesRannells as Jim Bakker that would be spectacular from a ticket sales point of view. But unless John is appearing in the show and obviously he won't, the show is still vulnerable. John has a better track record than most as a Broadway composer andLestat still closed after 39 performances.

I don't think it's going out on a limb to say losingRannells is a net negative for ticket sales.
"

I don't disagree that it might impact ticket sales -- in fact, I generally agree, in principle, with most of what you said. But initially you said losing Rannells puts "pulling the plug on the table" on the whole project, and I find that overstates Rannells value/involvement in the overall production.

True enough about Gutenburg!, but it's damn hard to not factor Josh Gad into that show's success -- and the associated marketing of the duo "back on Broadway!", etc. It was a fun, light two-hander, easily digestible. And with the knowledge of if just recouping and banking on the two of them, it could be looked at that since Rannell really isn't a huge draw, it won't hurt "Tammy Faye" nearly as much as such a situation would do to others.

Plus, this is a different beast, entirely. But with Elton John's name anywhere on the poster, "featuring the Olivier-winning performance of Katie Brayben" (not as big a deal for Broadway audiences, admittedly), even Jake Shears as lyricist -- it's got a lot going for it and easily marketable. Enough for it to weather the loss of Rannells, at least.
"

And James Graham just won his second Olivier and has about eight plays in the West End.

I do wonder if it’s a contract ploy. Both Graham and Goold are in Germany right now working on Dear England. I heard there is/was a big Tammy Faye meeting scheduled for late June in NYC. Feels like poor timing on Rannell’s part to make a shock announcement when the creatives aren’t in the country to deal with the fallout, when he could have waited a week or so and decided together how best to announce his departure.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#117TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 2:32am

I just don’t see a young celebrity going for the role (eg Jake G or Andrew Garfield etc). This is very much a Herbie, horas type situation where the role is overshadowed by Tammy. This news doesn’t make me any more confident this show will succeed. And there is an amazing lead performance, but we have Nicole in sunset and Audra in Gypsy in the same season. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#118TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 2:49am

Maybe Luke Thallon will be cast as Jim.  He’ll make Kad squirm in his seat again. 

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#119TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 3:09am

I guess when he did the press launch earlier this year, that they had a deal in place?

He definitely wanted better terms/more money.

mememe
#120TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 4:34am

lilpunkin said: "Agreed. And while Katie Brayben isn’t a well-known name in New York, it’s 100% Katie’s show. They passed on the West End run rather than re-cast when she got pregnant, that’s how much she owns this production. Rannells might be a bigger name in the US but his character is completely outshone. A lot of actors could play that role. "

That has nothing to do with selling a show 

lilpunkin
#121TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 5:23am

mememe said: "lilpunkin said: "Agreed. And while Katie Brayben isn’t a well-known name in New York, it’s 100% Katie’s show. They passed on the West End run rather than re-cast when she got pregnant, that’s how much she owns this production. Rannells might be a bigger name in the US but his character is completely outshone. A lot of actors could play that role. "

"

My comment wasn’t about selling the show. But actually, reviews and word of mouth are crucial when it comes to selling, and good reviews and word of mouth rest more on quality of performance than having a famous person in the the cast.

mememe
#122TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 7:58am

lilpunkin said: "mememe said: "lilpunkin said: "Agreed. And while Katie Brayben isn’t a well-known name in New York, it’s 100% Katie’s show. They passed on the West End run rather than re-cast when she got pregnant, that’s how much she owns this production. Rannells might be a bigger name in the US but his character is completely outshone. A lot of actors could play that role. "

"

My comment wasn’t about selling the show. But actually, reviews and word of mouth are crucial when it comes to selling, and good reviews and word of mouth rest more on quality of performance than having a famous person in the the cast.
"

Reviews and word of mouth help a show, after it’s open. But you need a commercial hook to pull in the crowd to begin with. A show like this needs names in the cast.

OhHiii
#123TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 7:58am

Robbie2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Garfield would be wonderful!"

true but he's more $$$$$ Rannells
"

And he’s actually worth said money.

smidge
#124TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 6/17/24 at 9:09am

Jordan Catalano said: "If he wasn’t doing “Macbeth”, I’d say this would be a great musical vehicle for Jake Gyllenhaal."

He’s not doing Macbeth.

Videos