pixeltracker

Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??- Page 6

Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#125re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:53pm

I guess BWW is kind of an alternate reality in that sense-- every talented lead performer is a 'star' to BWWers, while the average American probably wouldn't know who, say, Raul Esparza is.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#126re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 12:05am

I consider anybody on Broadway to be a star because they are definitely more famous than I am I guess... They just aren't the average person in my mind. :P

bwaygirl211 Profile Photo
bwaygirl211
#127re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 12:21am

Kristin Chenoweth
Jennifer Laura Thompson
Roger Bart
Sutton Foster

dapperchapper
#128re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 1:18am

The whole cast of All My Sons, especially Katie Holmes.
and Kelli O'Hara

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#129re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 1:52am

In addition to the people I posted earlier in the thread, I'd have to add:

-Philip Seymour Hoffman (One of my greatest acting influences. Took a picture and talked with me for several minutes even though they were holding the elevator for him down the hall! haha)
-Daniel Radcliffe (The Equus stagedoor was a mob scene. I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I am a fan of Shaffer, so he ended up chatting with me about the play the whole time he was signing my side of the barricade. Really cool, down to Earth kid.)
-Julie Andrews (Absolutely divine. It was like meeting the Queen. She couldn't have been more perfect.)
-Tony Kushner
-Anika Noni Rose
-Laura Benanti
-All the [tos]sers (I think everyone of them told me they liked my tie! Haha! Then at the Flea Market, Hunter and Jeff were fighting over my 1980 Richard Burton 'Camelot' shirt!)
-Donna McKechnie
-Molly Shannon
-The entire original cast of August: Osage County

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

AbbyNormal13 Profile Photo
AbbyNormal13
#130re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 1:46pm

Christopher Fitzgerald is definately number 1, he's so nice everytime I've met him and very gracious.

Chris Sieber and Roger Bart are also always very nice too.

Some others are:

Andrea Martin
Jim Borstelmann
Shuler Hensley

Updated On: 2/27/09 at 01:46 PM

bwaynewbee
#131re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 3:08pm

* Natalie Joy Johnson :)
* Becky Gulsvig (have a pic with her/but I look horrid and fat!)
* D.B Bonds

but then someone else mentioned Brian Stokes Mitchell and I remember seeing him this past 4th of July with his family in Union Station (DC) doing the touristy thing before the 4th concert!!!

I didn't want to bother him and no one seemed to know who he was but me.. I walked by him and I knew but didn't approach.. walked outside (proceeded to kick myself) gave my son to my husband and quickly walked back in and shook his hand (told him didn't want his autograph cause I didn't want to take up his time) he was very sweet and chatted with me for a bit and his wife thought my son was adorable!!

Steam Heat2 Profile Photo
Steam Heat2
#132re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/29/08 at 5:57pm

Even though I have never been to a broadway show, I have still met nice broadway stars at the Muny in St. Louis. Those would be:
-Daniel Reichard (I saw him in the show twice and remembered me when I said hi the second time)

-Will Chase

Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make.

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#133re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/30/08 at 3:35pm

I haven't gone stagedooring much, but I remember at B&TB, I was pretty young. Christy Carlson Romano signed my little Disney magazine with Kim Possible on the cover. She said it was cute and was really nice. It was her opening night and she signed for everyone despite the HUGE crowd.

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

danceallnight Profile Photo
danceallnight
#134re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/30/08 at 4:20pm

Harvey Fierstein -very personable, funny, relaxed, spent time at the stage door

Bernadette Peters - had a long and personable conversation with my daughter at a recent book signing. Very classy lady.

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#135re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/30/08 at 4:59pm

Christian Hoff I met him both at Pal Joey, and Tommy reunion concert. He remembered me and talk to me for awhile. Always Friendly to everyone at Stage door.

Kathy Lee Gifford Met her at Pamela's First Musical, such a sweet heart.

Carol Shelley, Billy Elliot met her at the 1st preview. I talked to her about how she reminded me of my late grandmothers.

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#136re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 1:57pm

Mandy Gonzalez. You'd think she gets paid a million dollars to stand there and sign autographs. She just seemed so truly excited to see everyone.

Really, the entire ITH cast was very nice.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

TommyC78
#137re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 6:36pm

I know that I am not the only one on here that has to disagree with Lea Salonga as being one of the "nicest" stars.
Back in her Eponine days, she was not so pleasant. Oh, the story I could tell....but it may put me back in therapy! re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??

Bwayfan39
#138re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 6:48pm

That's too bad Tommy...I've never met her before, which might explain a little bit...

But I would like to add to my list:

I met Marissa Jaret Winoker last night and she signed everybody's playbill and posed for about 50 pictures. And there were so many people there! Harvey did not take pictures, but he was nice about it and he did sign for everyone. Also Constanten(sp?)-(Link)-was incredibly nice and posed for pictures with everyone and delt with the annoying 9-15 year olds who were going crazy over him.

lstbutifulgrl2
#139re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 7:04pm

I agree about the ITH Cast.

I'll also add the closing cast (and most previous casts) of RENT.

Aaron Tveit and Alice Ripley

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

sgv123
#140re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 7:14pm

I met Lauren Zakrin and Rhiannon Hansen this past summer. They were both very nice.

The cast of Billy elliot is also very nice. I think it is so cool and funny that the 3 Billys will sign,pose for pictures, and carry on conversations with everyone.

DefyGravity777
#141re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 7:58pm

The current cast of Wicked are the nicest I have ever met. And the cast of Spring Awakening. Mostly everyone I meet is nice.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#142re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 8:55pm

Stephanie J Block and Kelli O'Hara were both incredibly sweet.

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

Manny2
#143re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 9:05pm

I imagine that meeting Julie Andrews is far more pleasurable than meeting the queen.

Jon Groff is a complete sweetheart, too nice. (literally, too nice. I mean, it's one thing to let people hug you, but kiss you?! Come on).
Kristen is also really nice, she really brightens up any room she walks into!

Though not really broadway, the touring company of Ave. Q. is also really nice. I went to two of their shows and ended up talking to them for quite a while after both.

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#144re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 9:07pm

Like many others here, I've been lucky enough to have several lovely encounters with some really gracious and kind Broadway performers, but the best will always be

good old Douglas Sills. He's just such a wonderful, kind man.

I wish he'd find his way back to the New York stage!

PennyLou19622
#145re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 9:56pm

Jonathan Groff. and i have an excellent reason. At stagedoor the first time I saw Spring, it was cold..it was February...after meeting him I waited around, just for the heck of it, lol, and the stagedoor man was putting the barricades away. Jon started helping him, by picking them up and putting them against the theatre wall, as he was doing it, he stuck out his tongue and smiled. it was the cutest thing i have ever seen. I have never seen a Broadway actor help a stagedoor man/woman out, ever. They usually just walk away or whatever, but he helped him. So adorable and kind!

A few others...
Hayley Podschun, Shannon Durig, Matt Doyle, Lisa Brescia, Nikki Snelson, and Niki Scalera.

CarolynaGirl Profile Photo
CarolynaGirl
#146re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 10:18pm

Rosie O'Donnell after No, No Nanette.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#147re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/31/08 at 10:19pm

The current cast of Wicked are the nicest I have ever met.

Aren't they always....

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

BroadwayDream1012
#148re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 1/1/09 at 11:32am

Many are sweet. But my standouts:
Kristin Chenoweth. After a concert at Lincoln center she signed autographs for every single person waiting, and before getting into her car to leave she asked if everyone who wanted something got it, and she stood there smiling and waving for people to take pictures. The sweetest thing.
Sutton Foster as well. She actually listens to you and pays attention. Takes her time and makes small conversation. So sweet!!
Jennifer Cody as well. I caught her before Shrek, and she was the most chipper, excited, friendly thing! She was making conversation and was overjoyed to stop!

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#149re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 1/1/09 at 1:05pm

it's great to know how many big names are still down to earth and sweet...
can we also name meanest? just for fun?

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

Videos