pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 61

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1500HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/18 at 8:56pm

I would love to see Adrienne Warren or Janet dacal as angelica

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1501HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/3/18 at 1:12pm

I think if Janet Dacal were to be cast in Hamilton, it would have happened by now.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#1502HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/3/18 at 2:23pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Probably not the right thread to toss this out, but after seeing Rebecca Naomi Jones inOklahoma!and remembering her fantasticperformance inHedwig, I would really love to see her as Angelica Schuyler someday."

PLEASE  I’ve said this before  she would be incredible  

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

hamiltonstradition
#1503HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 9:46am

Bwayfan292 said: "I would love to see Adrienne Warren or Janet dacal as angelica"

I found $72 center orchestra ROW B seats in Chicago yesterday! Jennie Harney was Angelica, and Brittany Campbell was Eliza.

Tamar Greene (GW), Jamaal Fields-Green (Laurens/Phillip), Ebrin Stanley (Madison), and Akron Watson (Burr)  had great chemistry with Miguel! Chicago is in AMAZING hands.

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1504HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 11:57am

hamiltonstradition said: "Bwayfan292 said: "I would love to see Adrienne Warren or Janet dacal as angelica"

I found $72 center orchestra ROW B seats in Chicago yesterday! Jennie Harney was Angelica, and Brittany Campbell was Eliza.

Tamar Greene (GW), Jamaal Fields-Green (Laurens/Phillip), Ebrin Stanley (Madison), and Akron Watson (Burr) had great chemistry with Miguel! Chicago is in AMAZING hands.
"

Oh you saw a GOOD cast. 

broadwayboy223
#1505HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 1:46pm

I've been hoping Anika Noni Rose would get a crack at Angelica. I know she did one of the readings or something

MadsonMelo
#1506HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 3:30pm

I wonder if that Benton rumor was indeed true.

I will be in NY until November 4 and would love to see her in it.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1507HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 3:49pm

Just curious. Do you think that names well known within Broadway circles would step into a production as a replacement rather than originate a role or re-interpret a role in a revival? I know that not all well known names can afford to pass up work, especially in a critical and commercial hit like Hamilton. I know James Monroe Inglehart stepped into Hamilton following Aladdin.

NOB88
#1508HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 3:50pm

hamiltonstradition said: "Bwayfan292 said: "I would love to see Adrienne Warren or Janet dacal as angelica"

Tamar Greene (GW), Jamaal Fields-Green (Laurens/Phillip), Ebrin Stanley (Madison), and Akron Watson (Burr) had great chemistry with Miguel! Chicago is in AMAZING hands.
"

That sounds great. I am looking for tickets for Chicago, could I ask you a few questions.

You bought tickets yesterday, what is the date of your show? What was your ticket source? Thanks

anislander
#1509HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/7/18 at 3:56pm

Anyone have any updates on the Denee situation? When she's starting? If it's even true?

hamiltonstradition
#1510HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/8/18 at 12:13am

NOB88 said: "hamiltonstradition said: "Bwayfan292 said: "I would love to see Adrienne Warren or Janet dacal as angelica"

"

The show was 10/6 and I got the tickets that morning on Ticketmaster!

That sounds great. I am looking for tickets for Chicago, could I ask you a few questions.

You bought tickets yesterday, what is the date of your show? What was your ticket source? Thanks
"

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1511HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/8/18 at 11:18am

Looks like Anthony Lee Medina is out of the Broadway company for the next three and a half months.

Audreytwo
#1512HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/13/18 at 8:55am

Can’t list a source, but the rumors are true. Denee will begin at the end of October.

Updated On: 10/13/18 at 08:55 AM

natashalost
#1513HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/13/18 at 11:37am

Audreytwo said: "Can’t list a source, but the rumors are true. Denee will begin at the end of October."

Wonder when the announcement is coming out then? It's already mid-October, meaning she's no more than 3 weeks away from starting?

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#1514HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/13/18 at 12:03pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Just curious. Do you think that names well known within Broadway circles would step into a production as a replacement rather than originate a role or re-interpret a role in a revival? I know that not all well known names can afford to pass up work, especially in a critical and commercial hit like Hamilton. I know James Monroe Inglehart stepped into Hamilton following Aladdin."

With HAMILTONit's job security and also the prestige of being part of a cultural phenomenon. This could be a career boost for Benton, who hasn't done much since Great Comet. Iglehart did some of the readings of Hamilton before Aladdin. 

And as we've seen with people like Bernadette Peters, a good part is a good part, whether you originate it or not. Howard McGillin was a 2x Tony nominee when he stepped into PHANTOM and then played that role for 6+ years over a 10 year period!

natashalost said: "Wonder when the announcement is coming out then? It's already mid-October, meaning she's no more than 3 weeks away from starting?"

Many of the other casting announcements/departures have been very last-minute. The show is the star.

akmiller_98
#1515HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/13/18 at 12:58pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Bryan Terrell Clark's last day as GW is Oct. 28. I'll definitely miss him. He was great.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2Z7ZgJr-/?hl=en&taken-by=therealbtc

duffiedude
#1516HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/13/18 at 5:09pm

Hi. I would like to get Hamilton tickets, especially to see James Monroe Iglehart. Does anyone know if he has any plans to leave soon? Also, I am trying to minimize the chance him and Daniel Breaker would not be there (but I understand if they will not be). Would getting tickets for a Saturday night performance be on the safer side for that. Thank you!

BroadwayConcierge
#1517HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 3:14pm

WE HAVE A NEW ELIZA ON BROADWAY!!!

Denée Benton and Carvens Lissaint will join the cast on October 30 as Eliza Hamilton and George Washington, respectively.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/HAMILTON-Offers-10-Performance-Oct-31st-Dene-BentonandCarvens-Lissaint-Join-Cast-20181017

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#1518HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 3:23pm

Denée is EXCELLENT casting. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

natashalost
#1519HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 3:46pm

Some of the best casting I've seen from this show in a long time! Congrats to Denée and Carvens!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1520HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 3:47pm

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh! She’s going to be perfect for Eliza!!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1521HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 3:50pm

I was JUST wondering about her the other day.  She will be lovely!  (and almost makes me want to buy a ticket again!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Baldwin 2
#1522HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 4:53pm

Phillipa made this track look easy. It’s not. It always made me angry when people had less than glowing things to say about about her. Her performance was full of heart and restraint. Those are terribly difficult ends of a spectrum. Denée is the right idea. Given some time to settle in, I think she’ll be incredible. The new blood will do nice things for Broadway company.

froote
#1523HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 4:57pm

Baldwin 2 said: "Phillipa made this track look easy. It’s not. It always made me angry when people had less than glowing things to say about about her. Her performance was full of heart and restraint. Those are terribly difficult ends of a spectrum. Denée is the right idea. Given some time to settle in, I think she’ll be incredible. The new blood will do nice things for Broadway company."

Amen to that. Glad the role will finally have an actor that will do it justice once again.

BroadwayConcierge
#1524HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/17/18 at 4:58pm

Baldwin 2 said: "Phillipa made this track look easy. It’s not. It always made me angry when people had less than glowing things to say about about her. Her performance was full of heart and restraint. Those are terribly difficult ends of a spectrum. Denée is the right idea. Given some time to settle in, I think she’ll be incredible. The new blood will do nice things for Broadway company. "

Perfectly put! Eliza is so much more difficult than people give the role credit for. Denée is exactly what the role needs. 

Videos