pixeltracker

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews- Page 7

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#150'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/25/24 at 9:54pm

TaffyDavenport said: "This show is the sh*t. Without exaggeration, one of the best things I’ve ever seen on a stage. In my opinion, best cheaperseats are at the ends of the lower balcony. I was in P 242, which is actually marked partial view now because it’s next to the DJ table, but I wouldn’t want to sit anywhere else, because you can see the entire runway coming towards you, as well as the judges’ table from the front.

"

Thanks for this! I just got P242 for one of the extension dates. Too bad the discount is no longer active, but I didn’t want to wait for a new one and have the cheaper seats disappear.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

yyys
#151'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/25/24 at 10:03pm

Isn't P 241 the better seat then? one seat away from the DJ table.

TaffyDavenport said: "This show is the sh*t. Without exaggeration, one of the best things I’ve ever seen on a stage. In my opinion, best cheaperseats are at the ends of the lower balcony. I was in P 242, which is actually marked partial view now because it’s next to the DJ table, but I wouldn’t want to sit anywhere else, because you can see the entire runway coming towards you, as well as the judges’ table from the front.

"

MemorableUserName
#152'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/25/24 at 10:38pm

Could be, but the further in you move the less of a head-on view you have of the front of the judge's table. 

You can see those seats from the other side in the other photo Taffy posted:

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#153'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/25/24 at 10:57pm

I mean, technically, P 201 on the opposite side is the same view as P 242, but without the DJ table, if you want to avoid it altogether. I will always prefer an end seat, though, not having to sit between anyone, so those 2 seats are the ones I would choose for myself, and I actually did enjoy being right next to the DJ. If you don't mind sitting between people, though, P 202 and 203, or P 240 and 241 would be great, too, but I believe the 4th seats in on either side, P 239 and P 204, are obstructed by poles. 

Here's a pic where you can see seats P 239-242, as well as the poles:

Updated On: 6/25/24 at 10:57 PM

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#154'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/26/24 at 8:59am

I snagged tix for the extension - Seats P207 and P208...can someone reassure me these don't have a pole in the way or any other obstruction?

MemorableUserName
#155'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 2:56pm

Helen Shaw for the New Yorker is a rave:

“Cats: The Jellicle Ball” Lands on Its Feet

The directors Zhailon Levingston and Bill Rauch cross Andrew Lloyd Webber’s juggernaut musical with queer ballroom culture to electrifying effect.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024/07/08/cats-the-jellicle-ball-theatre-review

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#156'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 3:39pm

Friends of mine just saw the show and I asked them about Sydney Harcourt in a jockstrap. Then I had to tell them who they were in the show. They responded with "What jockstrap?" Is that costume no longer in the show?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 6/27/24 at 03:39 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#157'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 3:45pm

It’s there. It’s kinda quick but when he takes off his “boxer robe” he’s wearing it for a minute. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#158'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 3:58pm

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s there. It’s kinda quick but when he takes off his “boxer robe” he’s wearing it for a minute."

LOL. Thanks Jordan. I didn't want to come across as thirsty. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#159'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 4:09pm

If I remember correctly, it's not during one of his songs, it's during a competition during Bustopher Jones. That also probably makes it less memorable. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#160'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 5:53pm

I saw the jockstrap. I sat in the main orchestra area behind the judges' table. 

I'm sure there are other stuff I missed and need to see this again but in a different section.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#161'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/28/24 at 8:18am

HAHA the thirst of this. Yes, it's in the show. It's at the end of the "Body" walk.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#162'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/28/24 at 5:01pm

I have to say, I am extremely impressed with how accommodating they’ve been.  I had been calling them for a few days and it was busy every time.  They called me back and I missed it.  Then they called me again and were the most helpful.  She told me they didn’t cap the 30 under 30 for any performance so tickets are available as long as they are not sold out.  She asked me where I wanted to sit.  I said I wasn’t picky about seating, she asked me if I liked an immersive experience, I said no, and she gave me a good seat on the first balcony.  If PAC wanted to leave a good impression, they certainly did on me.  Looking forward to seeing the show. 

MezzA101
#163'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 8:38am

Jonathan Burke Once Did the Cats Tour, Now He's Starring in Cats: 'The Jellicle Ball' | Playbill

https://playbill.com/article/jonathan-burke-once-did-the-cats-tour-now-hes-starring-in-cats-the-jellicle-ball

In The Jackson Heights
#164'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 9:07am

That's awesome. Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer was one of my favorite numbers in the show.  

JSquared2
#165'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 2:57pm

For those that have gone already, is there much "interaction" between the cast and the audience in the runway seats?  For example row EE on the house right side?  Trying to avoid that sort of thing if at all possible!

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#166'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 3:08pm

How is Tempress Chasity Moore? She was the casting I was most excited by, and have been keeping everything crossed that a recording of "Memory" pops up 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#167'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 3:17pm

pathman2 said: "SisterGeorge said: "...SPOILER ALERTShouldn't Grizabella get transformed into a glamour puss AFTER she rises up to wherever those steps take her instead of before?..."

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Sillabub leaves that black dress out for her at the end of Act 1. She puts it on before she interrupts the ball and sings the full Memory but she still has her old (purple) wig on. And shereally doestransform after she goes to the Heaviside Layer, which we see when she returns for her curtain call walk: gorgeous white dress, long blond hair, etc.

Saw this Saturday night and it surpassed my very high expectations! Everything about it (cast, staging, choreography, costumes, etc) isphenomenal!!! Even though it's early in the year, it's hard to imagine this not being my theatrical highlight of the year.The curtain call walks are worth the priceof admission alone!

Tacking on to previous posts besides the spoiler content above:

We bought BB101 and BB103 when tickets first went on sale (for $149 each) and they turned out to be nearly perfect. Thankfully, my husband is tall so he had no problem looking over the railing to see the judges table (expected an aisle there, not a rail!). The cats like to hang out onthat rail though (and hang props on it) so it kinda made up for it. They also sitat the empty table below us, which was fun too. IMO, barring cost,row BB near the end of the walkway is a great place to sit (seats 103-115 and 104-114 on the other side). The same seats in the rows behind should also be good.

The first hate of Cats I can remember was in Six Degrees of Separation(my first Broadway play!), which ran 1990-1992. I was totally surprised by the characters trashing itsince I fell in love with Cats as a kid (and still love it!).

We ate at Metropolis beforehand and it was great! We both had the crispy snapper, whichwas delicious. We enjoyed it so much that we went to sister restaurantHav & Mar (equally good)last night before Broadway Bares.

Agree that while the interior spaceis great, the rest of the theateris ridiculously laid out. How many doors are there?! We had to enter through door 10.

Hopefully this extends or moves. It could easily go into Circle in the Square IMO, but they'd probably have to remove the 400 section of seats like in other productions. If that happens, hopefully they can reorchestrate. I liked the added beats but the "old" sound didn't always match the fabulousness on stage.
"

Cool - we love Hav&Mar and have reservations for our group at 5:30 tonight at Metropolis! Excited for tonight!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#168'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 3:51pm

For anyone who has used the Educator discount - how strict are they with the ID? The ID from my university doesn’t display a terrible amount of information. Wondering if they’re matching names/photos or being more strict and what I should expect.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 6/29/24 at 03:51 PM

Videos