pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 79

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
Rakstovall
#1951Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:26pm

HeatherAV said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Looks like I'm switching. Hope it isn't too close or too far to the side! Very excited."

You won't regret it - it's a beautiful show!

Do you mind saying how much the ticket is? I'm curious if the closer rows are $299, $189 or $155 (because of the high stage and slightly limited view). Thanks.
"

On Monday I bought 2 tickets for September, Orch Left Row D Seats 13-15, for $179 each -- just FYI

Steph N
#1952Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:28pm

There are tickets available for July 5 & 6 OrchR Row O 30, 32 for $179 each 

EDIT: Also available for the same days, single tickets, OrchL Row J 23 for $179 each

Single tickets Sat 9/1 OrchL Row V 35 available for $155 each

Single tickets Aug 30 & 31 OrchR Row X 10 for $145 each 

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 02:28 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1953Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:38pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Looks like I'm switching. Hope it isn't too close or too far to the side! Very excited. These tickets are for late July."

It isn't too far to the side. As for being too close, you can see that different people have different opinions, but I sat in row AA, and I would choose to sit there every time if I could. I'm excited for your upgrade from row U, since there's really no contest there, in my opinion.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1954Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:50pm

Seeing the show for the 5th time tonight thanks to people on this board ??

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Steph N
#1955Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:51pm

atuomala said: "Seeing the show for the 5th time tonight thanks to people on this board ??"

Nice! Have fun!! 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1956Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 4:25pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Super torn, have seats in Row U and these Row C just popped up. May wait and see if any further back seats pop up."

I sat in B and wouldn't consider U.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#1957Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 4:56pm

Thanks all! Happy for my upgrade. C 18 was the seat I was given at checkout, 4 off the aisle side aisle. 

theater1988
#1958Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 8:38pm

Does anyone know where the lottery seats are located in the theater? Is it the front row like Hamilton or randomly scattered around the theater?

theater1988
#1959Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 8:47pm

Thanks! Are they sometimes obstructed view, in the boxes, or last row of the theater? Or are they generally pretty good seats?

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#1960Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:18pm

Looking for one for 9/19 at $80 or less per part if anyone happens to see one please let me know Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#1961Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:09am

CT2NYC said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Super torn, have seats in Row U and these Row C just popped up. May wait and see if any further back seats pop up."

Row U is under the dress circle overhang, so I would jump on C immediately.
"

I sat in Row U (left) tonight and there was no obstruction by the overhang whatsoever, for the record!

Also, another patron came up to me at intermission claiming I was in their seat - and based on the ticket on their phone, I was! He was nice and said he'd go talk to the box office about it, and I never saw him again. But VERY strange that we both were scanned in. We both had U 27.

Updated On: 6/22/18 at 02:09 AM

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1962Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:22am

veronicamae said: "CT2NYC said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "Super torn, have seats in Row U and these Row C just popped up. May wait and see if any further back seats pop up."

Row U is under the dress circle overhang, so I would jump on C immediately.
"

I sat in Row U (left) tonight and there was no obstruction by the overhang whatsoever, for the record!

Also, another patron came up to me at intermission claiming I was in their seat - and based on the ticket on their phone, I was! He was nice and said he'd go talk to the box office about it, and I never saw him again. But VERY strange that we both were scanned in. We both had U 27.
"

Sat L center in the dress circle tonight, too and can attest that there is also no obstruction from the balcony overhang, either. My only obstruction was a nine year old girl who didn’t want to lean back in her seat.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1963Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/22/18 at 3:35am

PThespian said: "I was working in the Dress Circle tonight. What was your seat number ?"

L122

chewbaca
#1964Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/22/18 at 6:06am

I purchased last row of Dress Circle for my daughter Row M near center for next year due to the 40/ segment price. Will she be blocked out by the overhang of the balcony, or will she be ok with her sight lines. I dont see any pics on “A view from my Seat”, Any one sit here?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1965Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:00am

chewbaca said: "I purchased last row of Dress Circle for my daughter Row M near center for next year due to the 40/ segment price. Will she be blocked out by the overhang of the balcony, or will she be ok with her sight lines. I dont see any pics on “A view from my Seat”, Any one sit here?"

I just sat in M 111 this past Wednesday. It was an excellent view, and, for $40 per part, an amazing deal. Sightlines are pretty much perfect, and the balcony overhang partially blocks just 1 effect at the end of Act 1 of Part 2, but, other than that, there's no obstruction. I highly recommend bringing binoculars, though, since it's impossible to see faces from that distance.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Updated On: 6/22/18 at 08:00 AM

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1966Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:47am

Row M - center- is super awesome. For the price it is a well placed seat with very little obstruction. Good job!

I would warn against left side Row K of the mezzanine. There is a break and railing a few feet away. The view is pretty decent, but the seats are a little lower, so the heads in the previous row - while a decent distance away can be a problem. A booster seems to remedy the situation though. Just a heads up!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#1967Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 2:55pm

CT2NYC said: "

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
At the end of Act 1 of Part 2, flourescent writing is revealed on the walls and ceiling of the auditorium. The balcony obstructs a lot of it, but the writing also appears on the overhang, so you still get the effect, but it's not nearly as impressive. The dementor at the end of Part 1 is fully visible over the dress circle, though.

"

Regarding the last thing you mentioned above, there is one over the front orchestra as well, right?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#1968Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 3:56pm

Lot666 said: "CT2NYC said: "

At the end of Act 1 of Part 2, flourescent writing is revealed on the walls and ceiling of the auditorium. The balcony obstructs a lot of it, but the writing also appears on the overhang, so you still get the effect, but it's not nearly as impressive. The dementor at the end of Part 1 is fully visible over the dress circle, though.

"

Regarding the last thing you mentioned above, there is one over the front orchestra as well, right?
"

Response to this:

There is only 1 dementor in the audience. The other 2 are on stage, behind the proscenium arch. 

The one in the audience falls from the ceiling over the 5th or 6th row of the front orchestra. It then makes it way in a circle around the orchestra, then moves up to the dress circle where it hangs out a bit, finally up the balcony, before finally returning to the orchestra level and ascending upwards. It then gets lifted into the rafters as the final 2 dementors on stage do the final "drop" to the ground before the lights go out. 

It's a breathtaking 90 seconds, some of my favorite ever in a theater. (I've seen the show 4x which is the only reason I feel I have some sort of understanding how this works Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi )

ren598
#1969Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 4:41pm

When they say great seats just released for all performances in July, do they usually mean the expensive seats? Also, why are they holding back tickets to release now?

Fosse76
#1970Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 7:23pm

ren598 said: "When they say great seats just released for all performances in July, do they usually mean the expensive seats? Also, why are they holding back tickets to release now?"

This isn't new, We've known they are holding back seats since the show began previews and they kept releasing new seats every week. They hold back seats for one reason: money. By holding back seats, a performance will "sell out" faster. It keeps the demand strong. So when they release "newly available" seats for a previously sold-out performance, they can continue to charge the premium prices. It also has the unintended benefit of keeping the tickets out of the scalpers' hands. It has also enabled people the ability to buy tickets throughout the life of the show on a regular basis, instead of having to wait months or years for ticket releases.

ren598
#1971Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 9:07pm

Fosse76 said: "ren598 said: "When they say great seats just released for all performances in July, do they usually mean the expensive seats? Also, why are they holding back tickets to release now?"

This isn't new, We've known they are holding back seats since the show began previews and they kept releasing new seats every week. They hold back seats for one reason: money. By holding back seats, a performance will "sell out" faster. It keeps the demand strong. So when they release "newly available" seats for a previously sold-out performance, they can continue to charge the premium prices. It also has the unintended benefit of keeping the tickets out of the scalpers' hands. It has also enabled people the ability to buy tickets throughout the life of the show on a regular basis, instead of having to wait months or years for ticket releases.
"

Thanks for the response.  I’m trying to get tickets now and this is good info to know.  There seems to be plenty of tickets.  I’m just not sure I want to spend $300-$400 for both parts.  I guess I’ll keep trying the lottery.  Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1972Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/22/18 at 10:01pm

@ren598, in the beginning HP tickets were refundable so people bought tickets early on and if they won the friday forty lottery, get those and return the full-price tickets. 

This is one show I haven't heard much about in terms of cancellation line or being a scalper's hot ticket... so what HP is doing is certainly working out for them in terms of not having people sleeping overnight outside the theater or having scalpers pocket some of their profit.

Notreallysilent 2
#1973Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/23/18 at 3:00pm

The tickets for this summer went back up. It’s backat $130 and $165, but the higher priced seats got more expensive. They are now $225 for the prime seats (before $199), $320 for ATG, and $325 for the premium

Notreallysilent 2
#1974Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Threadhi
Posted: 6/23/18 at 3:00pm

The tickets for this summer went back up. It’s backat $130 and $165, but the higher priced seats got more expensive. They are now $225 for the prime seats (before $199), $320 for ATG, and $325 for the premium

Videos